REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:04 AM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Sun run 2017

Early Bird is ending soon. Anyone have Corp teams I can sign up with?

More discussions, what do you do for pre race?

Places to poop, storage, pre work out or caffeine?
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
haven't ran it in a while, but theres a gear check near your coral. you can leave whatever you want in a plastic bag they provide and pick it up later.

i'd go to the bathroom about 30m before your race starts, even if you already went that morning. other than that, i wouldn't really say you need much... eat something tiny in the morning, like a small portion of oatmeal, drink a half glass of water, and that's really it.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #3
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
If it's just 10k, I'd carb load a few days before the run and then take it easy a day or two before for pre-run fueling.

I remember riding 17km from home to the run, ran, then 17km ride back home on a single gear and did no special loading. Still ended up ok with a 51min finish, my arms were more sore than anywhere else actually.

Oh, i'd stay away from caffeine if i were you. The run itself will get blood pumping through your system rather quick. It's good that they start going downhill on georgia first for a warm up. the first 2 km are easy, just watch going up hornby and the burrard bridge that's a bit strenuous. Other than that, the run is pretty flat.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #4
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
Yea I'd definitely stay away from pre workout or caffeine, the idea of it sounds great, but in reality it sucks for distance running. Another consideration is if you take it say 10 mins before the "race starts", you'll be amped up for a walk because unless you're near the front it can take you up to 15-20 mins just to cross the start line, and you'll be avoiding a lot of people before you really get going
'10 E92 M3 (sold)
'10 ZDX (sold)
'10 STI (sold)
'08 Mazdaspeed 3 (sold)
'04 RSX (sold)
'92 300ZX (sold)
‘94 Ford Probe GT (sold)
bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:06 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
I always wanted to participate, but I wonder why they would charge people to run on public roads.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:23 PM   #6
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
fuck i hate public events.

lets close down roads so people can go for a run. or maybe close a bridge so people can do yoga.
lets close down 10 blocks of downtown so 10000 people can watch a parade, while 50000 people spend an extra 2 hours driving thru traffic.

make it 5 laps around stanley park instead, or better yet, somewhere where it will not cause serious side effects

if i want to donate to an organization, i do so. i dont need a reminder by getting angry sitting in traffic

/rant
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2017, 10:08 PM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ Are you a fucken hermit?

Go talk to some people you damned recluse.

Last edited by DragonChi; 01-30-2017 at 10:15 PM.
DragonChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #8
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
lets close down 10 blocks of downtown so 10000 people can watch a parade, while 50000 people spend an extra 2 hours driving thru traffic.
there are 50k runners, and tens of thousands of spectators. it happens on sunday morning. there are probably more people participating in the event than those who actually use the roads on a regular sunday morning in that time frame.

why not just stay home that morning, or find a detour? shouldn't be hard honestly.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote