REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 02-19-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Iphone unlocking website

Could someone refer to one online for best value please? Thanks.
Advertisement
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I tried looking for a site to unlock a 5S about three or four months ago but it was actually cheaper to unlock the phone through the carrier, $50 vs $6X

From what I saw at that time, anything newer was the same price of not more expensive.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

If you're not in a hurry, sometimes cheap iPhone unlocking is available on eBay but I haven't seen any available recently. Last year I was able to unlock an iPhones for $9 and a few months before that for $18. As mentioned above as of right now, it is cheaper to unlock it through the carrier.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #4
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Can any carrier unlock any phone?
I have a tells iPhone that I need unlocked for use with rogers. Can I just take the phone to my rogers store? Or do I need to take it to a telus store?
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,752 Times in 1,182 Posts
It has to be with the carrier that locks it.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

The only reason I'd use a 3rd party unlocker is if you're not the original owner of the phone.

Most carriers won't even give you the time of day even if you go back to the original carrier who locked the phone and don't have a contract/plan with them and try to get them to unlock the phone.

Due to the nature of how they unlock these, you're not going to find a "reputable" shop/storefront that does this. Your best bet is probably eBay since paying with Paypal will give you some protection against shady unlockers. I used to see ads on Craigslist and Kijiji in the past so worth checking those too.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #7
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Can any carrier unlock any phone?
I have a tells iPhone that I need unlocked for use with rogers. Can I just take the phone to my rogers store? Or do I need to take it to a telus store?
Tell someone you know on Telus to call in with the IMEI of your iPhone and tell them to unlock it for you.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:44 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boibuddha View Post
I tried looking for a site to unlock a 5S about three or four months ago but it was actually cheaper to unlock the phone through the carrier, $50 vs $6X

From what I saw at that time, anything newer was the same price of not more expensive.
I called into rogers after making a switch over to fido. They wanted to charge me 50$ but i talked him into waiving it.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #9
they call me the snowman

Telus is being right cunty about this.
It's my dead brother's phone and they are giving me the run around refusing to give me the code.

Whatever happened to the dudes on craigslist who would unlock and jailbreak for $50.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:26 PM   #10
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Telus is being right cunty about this.
It's my dead brother's phone and they are giving me the run around refusing to give me the code.

Whatever happened to the dudes on craigslist who would unlock and jailbreak for $50.
File a CRTC complaint and someone from Telus will get back to you within 2 business days. 100% guaranteed.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #11
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

If it's an iPhone, they don't even need an unlock code. They just whitelist it on Apple's activation servers and it's done.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, but the carriers are probably looking out for their own best interests and want to make sure they don't lose money on the phone they subsidized.

Normally, their policy is they'll unlock a phone that's on an active plan that's in good standing for at least 90 days. Do you know if your brother's phone fits into that category? If so, maybe you'll have less of a hard time if you somehow take over the account so it's under your name and then trying to get it unlocked?
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #12
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
File a CRTC complaint and someone from Telus will get back to you within 2 business days. 100% guaranteed.
After talking to a 3rd rep, I found someone who was willing and able to do it. Thank you for the info. Much love to RS!

Old 02-22-2017, 01:25 AM   #13
Banned By Establishment

Fido and Rogers iPhone unlocking is as low as $22CAD on eBay right now. It will probably drop every week or 2. The lowest I've seen it drop to was $5 if you can wait a few weeks but then it could also go back up in price anytime to more then what the carrier will charge.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:06 PM   #14

Could you send me a link and ill apply? Thanks
Old 02-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #15
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
It depends on which provider the iPhone is with.. typically Canadian providers cost more to unlock than US ones via aftermarket services. There is no code, basically the unlocker just add your IMEI to Apple's database.

$42 seems the best price on eBay for Canadian providers (there was a deal for $28 on RFD but it has since expired). It fluctuates it was $20 just last week.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
I don't get it

Got my iphone unlocked from this website called protech parts for $18. Not sure what happened to them, seems like the website is dead now.
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #17

Looking for bell