REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Cantonese speaking doctor or walk-in? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/711773-cantonese-speaking-doctor-walk.html)

beansbaxter 02-22-2017 02:30 PM

Cantonese speaking doctor or walk-in?

Hi all,

Anyone know of a good, Cantonese speaking doctor accepting new patients, or a walk-in clinic with Cantonese speaking doctors? My dad's tired of going to his old school Chinatown doc.

Any info is appreciated. TIA

PK-EK 02-22-2017 02:45 PM

I went to Dr. Vienna Ng
4060-8171 Ackroyd Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3K1
(604) 276-8859

at the time I started going to see her (8 years ago) she was accepting new patients

Younger female doctor. She was nice. My grandparents didn't have a problem communicating to her in Cantonese

6793026 02-22-2017 09:03 PM

I have been to 5 different ones.
The one at the Richmond Sushi mall is by far the best.
It's close by the coffee cafe place (across from coco hut)

1) Professional. You can book a time.
2) No tickets. There are ones in Richmond which he'll only see 50 people a day, you take a number and wait. Fuck that shit.
3) Privacy. Seriously, this is about doctors & medical stuff, privacy is #1. I have been to one where you just sit about 5 feet from the next patient waiting behind you.
FUCK, I don't want hear about the guy in front of me is having hemorrhoids or if let others know that my 26 yr old girl wnats to have a kid and we wnat to get some good chinese medicine to regulate her cycle etc.
4) Cost. To be honest, you get what you pay for. I have seen $10 dollars versus $20. That part is fine. I have seen ones where you pay $30 dollars for medication versus $15 so you have to pick and choose.

Only thing I have to say is the medication is not cheap. I can't justify paying $85 dollars per week and have to take 10+ doses. That's really steep.
5) Professionalism. I have seen ones working from a grocery store which is fine, but they haven't washed their white doctor's jacket for 4 weeks, doesn't turn on heat in the office and everything on her shelf is dusty.
6) Knowledge. I have seen a doctor who has an assistant in training. He looks at you and he asks the girl beside him to write the medication, he just adds a few things here and there and verifies it.

!Aznboi128 02-22-2017 09:17 PM

J-Von Medical Centre

Accepting new patients, speaks canto, mandarin, across from metro.

beansbaxter 02-23-2017 12:49 PM

Thanks! Will check them out.

Truenosan 02-27-2017 01:40 PM

Walk in clinic at Aberdeen Centre isn't too bad. I have a family doctor, but when she is too busy, and it is something minor, I just make an appointment at Aberdeen. Usually can get an appointment the same day.

All the doctors there are Chinese, and I think most of them speak Cantonese.

Hope that helps.

Verdasco 03-02-2017 10:39 AM

i changed my family doctor in east van to the one in aberdeen because they are so easily accessible

my family doctor I had since I was born is aging as well.. in his late 60's and is retiring soon. I don't think he kept up with the new stuff in medicine and the new doc in Aberdeen (Dr. Ng) is in his 30s-early 40s

Easy to get prescription drugs from this doctor and it is downstairs in the same mall. I want a doctor that is real, tells me the fucking low down, and no bullshit cover ups.

Teriyaki 07-25-2017 11:04 AM

Bumping thread up because looking for family doctor again. Been meaning to do this for awhile since mines since birth actually passed away.