REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:30 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Cantonese speaking doctor or walk-in?

Hi all,

Anyone know of a good, Cantonese speaking doctor accepting new patients, or a walk-in clinic with Cantonese speaking doctors? My dad's tired of going to his old school Chinatown doc.

Any info is appreciated. TIA

beansbaxter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
I went to Dr. Vienna Ng
4060-8171 Ackroyd Rd, Richmond, BC V6X 3K1
(604) 276-8859

at the time I started going to see her (8 years ago) she was accepting new patients

Younger female doctor. She was nice. My grandparents didn't have a problem communicating to her in Cantonese
PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2017, 09:03 PM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,298 Times in 955 Posts
I have been to 5 different ones.
The one at the Richmond Sushi mall is by far the best.
It's close by the coffee cafe place (across from coco hut)

1) Professional. You can book a time.
2) No tickets. There are ones in Richmond which he'll only see 50 people a day, you take a number and wait. Fuck that shit.
3) Privacy. Seriously, this is about doctors & medical stuff, privacy is #1. I have been to one where you just sit about 5 feet from the next patient waiting behind you.
FUCK, I don't want hear about the guy in front of me is having hemorrhoids or if let others know that my 26 yr old girl wnats to have a kid and we wnat to get some good chinese medicine to regulate her cycle etc.
4) Cost. To be honest, you get what you pay for. I have seen $10 dollars versus $20. That part is fine. I have seen ones where you pay $30 dollars for medication versus $15 so you have to pick and choose.

Only thing I have to say is the medication is not cheap. I can't justify paying $85 dollars per week and have to take 10+ doses. That's really steep.
5) Professionalism. I have seen ones working from a grocery store which is fine, but they haven't washed their white doctor's jacket for 4 weeks, doesn't turn on heat in the office and everything on her shelf is dusty.
6) Knowledge. I have seen a doctor who has an assistant in training. He looks at you and he asks the girl beside him to write the medication, he just adds a few things here and there and verifies it.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
J-Von Medical Centre

Accepting new patients, speaks canto, mandarin, across from metro.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-23-2017, 12:49 PM   #5
I am Hook'd on RS

Thanks! Will check them out.
beansbaxter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #6
retired

Walk in clinic at Aberdeen Centre isn't too bad. I have a family doctor, but when she is too busy, and it is something minor, I just make an appointment at Aberdeen. Usually can get an appointment the same day.

All the doctors there are Chinese, and I think most of them speak Cantonese.

Hope that helps.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
i changed my family doctor in east van to the one in aberdeen because they are so easily accessible

my family doctor I had since I was born is aging as well.. in his late 60's and is retiring soon. I don't think he kept up with the new stuff in medicine and the new doc in Aberdeen (Dr. Ng) is in his 30s-early 40s

Easy to get prescription drugs from this doctor and it is downstairs in the same mall. I want a doctor that is real, tells me the fucking low down, and no bullshit cover ups.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2017, 11:04 AM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 544 Posts
Bumping thread up because looking for family doctor again. Been meaning to do this for awhile since mines since birth actually passed away.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote