REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 03-15-2017, 05:25 AM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Truck shocks

What brand of truck shocks should I use for off-roading? I am in the process off modifying my 2014 Ford F-150 XLT to make it off-road worthy. My set of upgrade include a set of off-road tires, lift kit and heavy duty front and rear bumpers. After purchasing a heavy duty shock absorbers, I plan to purchase a snorkel, fender flares and have a skid plate installed on my truck's underbody. I am currently veering towards Bilstein shocks. They are on sale on 4wheelonline and I am very tempted to place an order.
Advertisement
wavesurfer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Depends what your budget is. If you really want to hammer the bumps off road then you'll probably want to go with Fox, King, or Icon 2.5 kits. They aren't cheap though.

The Bilstein will be alright at slower speeds but they'll be nowhere near as good at the brands mentioned above once you're getting up there in speed over bumpy roads.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:26 AM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,922 Times in 3,876 Posts
The only thing out of that list that you really *need* to go off road are skid plates, and maybe tires if your stock ones are junk and you're getting into really mucky stuff. The rest of that stuff is just fluff most of the time.

What kind of offroading do you do and what lift are you planning to do? Bilstein 5100s are nice but they're basically a stock replacement (but for a lifted vehicle) so unless your factory shocks are toast you won't notice a difference. If you're adding bumpers you need stiffer springs, so a spacer lift won't help you.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: