REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
British Parliament in lockdown. Dozen people injured. Two people shot.

Shit just got real at the British Parliament building in London.

Assailant shot, policeman stabbed and several injured in UK parliament incident | Reuters

A policeman was stabbed inside the perimeter of Britain's parliament building on Wednesday, an assailant was shot outside and several people lay bleeding on a nearby bridge, Reuters witnesses and officials said.

A Reuters photographer saw at least a dozen people injured on Westminster Bridge and photographs showed people lying on the ground, bleeding heavily. The number of casualties was unclear.

The House of Commons, which was in session at the time, was immediately suspended and lawmakers were asked to stay inside.

Prime Minister Theresa May was safe after the incident, a spokesman for her office said. He declined to say where May was when the attack took place.

The leader of the House, David Lidington, said in the chamber that an assailant who stabbed a policeman had been shot by police.

Amid confusing scenes, it appeared the incident may have unfolded in several locations, including the busy bridge where tourists often congregate to take pictures of Big Ben and other attractions

Live streaming video below. Police are now treating the knife attack as an act of terrorism.

Advertisement

Last edited by pastarocket; 03-22-2017 at 07:52 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:18 AM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
Probably a European Christian group responsible!
Old 03-22-2017, 08:27 AM   #3
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Firearm violence in the UK is rare because of their strict gun laws. But this is the second attack on parliamentarians using firearms in the last year.

Crazy!!
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
Firearm violence in the UK is rare because of their strict gun laws. But this is the second attack on parliamentarians using firearms in the last year.

Crazy!!
From all news sources I've read the only shots fired were by police officers.
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Are you talking about the IRA/ Real IRA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...n_Army_actions
Old 03-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #6
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,830 Times in 233 Posts

nsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-22-2017, 10:28 AM   #7
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Or u know... Just a lone nutjob
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:36 AM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
waiting for the Donald's expert twitter analysis of the situation
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Are you talking about the IRA/ Real IRA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...n_Army_actions
Old 03-22-2017, 10:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmb View Post

And in America

This post FAILED by:
Old 03-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
lol Channel 4 confirming and then unconfirming Abu Izzadeen the attacker - he's in jail atm.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 03-22-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #12

pic of potential suspect:

Old 03-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #13

Quote:
pic of potential suspect:

Looks like Abu Izzadeen

Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 PM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
looks like dj khaled finally snapped
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM   #15

another one
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #16
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,214 Posts
Quote:
Abu Izzadeen is a British citizen born on 18 April 1975 in Hackney, east London, to a family originally from Jamaica. Brooks converted to Islam the day before he turned 18, on 17 April 1993, changing his name to Omar, but preferring to be called Abu Izadeen. He is fluent in Arabic.
Better build that wall around Jamaica mon. No more ganja and rum for you batty boi!

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2017, 12:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Better build that wall around Jamaica mon. No more ganja and rum for you batty boi!
i think this statement is more relevant to the discussion

Quote:
Abu Izzadeen (Arabic: ابو عز الدين‎‎, Abū ‘Izz ad-Dīn, né Trevor Richard Brooks,[1] (born 18 April 1975), is a British spokesman for Al Ghurabaa, a British Muslim organisation banned under the Terrorism Act 2006 for the glorification of terrorism.[2] He was convicted on charges of terrorist fund-raising and inciting terrorism overseas on 17 April 2008,[3] and sentenced to four and a half years in jail. He was released in May 2009,[4] after serving three and a half years, including time on remand. In January 2016, he was sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for breaching the Terrorism Act by leaving the UK illegally.[5]
it's not about islam..except when it is..every time..
Old 03-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #18

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
While any loss of life is tragic, is anyone else tired of everybody panicking about the "threat" of terrorism when in reality terrorist attacks almost always have very low casualty counts? I know the goal tends to be to cause fear, but the fear is blown so massively out of proportion compared to the actual risk.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-22-2017, 01:16 PM   #19

4 people get shot in Europe it's a huge event. 4 people get shot in America it's just your average day in a city in America.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #20
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
While any loss of life is tragic, is anyone else tired of everybody panicking about the "threat" of terrorism when in reality terrorist attacks almost always have very low casualty counts? I know the goal tends to be to cause fear, but the fear is blown so massively out of proportion compared to the actual risk.
I think it's pretty sad for you to downplay this incident when lives were lost. and how is terrorism fear blown out of proportion? the threat is absolutely real and it does not need quotation marks around it. If this is indeed a terrorist attack, and it looks like it is, then the fear is totally legit and needs to taken seriously.

this is an attack near British Parliament for crying out loud. This is an attack not only on Britain but an attack on Western society and civilization on the whole. And it has been going on for awhile. Europe is in a fucking chaos at the moment with all the different groups of people. BREXIT couldn't come fast enough to stop this carnage.

Canada needs to do a much better job in vetting what kind of people we are taking it, or simply halt the refugee program altogether and figure out what that hell is going on.
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-22-2017, 02:03 PM   #21
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
I think it's pretty sad for you to downplay this incident when lives were lost. and how is terrorism fear blown out of proportion? the threat is absolutely real and it does not need quotation marks around it. If this is indeed a terrorist attack, and it looks like it is, then the fear is totally legit and needs to taken seriously.

this is an attack near British Parliament for crying out loud. This is an attack not only on Britain but an attack on Western society and civilization on the whole. And it has been going on for awhile. Europe is in a fucking chaos at the moment with all the different groups of people. BREXIT couldn't come fast enough to stop this carnage.

Canada needs to do a much better job in vetting what kind of people we are taking it, or simply halt the refugee program altogether and figure out what that hell is going on.
The guy is British born who's family immigrated from Jamaica a former British colony.

People in Toronto must be scared for their lives with the large Jamaican population! /s
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
This is an attack not only on Britain but an attack on Western society and civilization on the whole.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #23
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
The guy is British born who's family immigrated from Jamaica a former British colony.

People in Toronto must be scared for their lives with the large Jamaican population! /s
Journalist Tim Pool has an interesting series on immigrants in Sweden and the no-go zones.

Essentially, he found some of these acts were not being committed by immigrants, but their first gen children. He believes these children weren't raised with the benefit of having a cultural identity, neither from their parent's home country, or in the country they grew up in. They are impressionable outsiders and just the perfect target for gangs or terrorism.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post

i don't see why anyone who criticizes religion and ideology is always accused of racism. most people are against a violent and repressive religion that has no place in western civilization. most people don't care about the race of the person who believes in it.

you'd be a fool not to acknowledge how big a problem religious and ideology assholery is becoming

Belgium?s Molenbeek home to 51 groups with terror links: report ? POLITICO

Last edited by Sid Vicious; 03-22-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2017, 03:06 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
i don't see why anyone who criticizes religion and ideology is always accused of racism.

you'd be a fool not to acknowledge how big a problem religious and ideology assholery is becoming

Belgium?s Molenbeek home to 51 groups with terror links: report ? POLITICO

The problem doesn't exist if you don't acknowledge it