REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 03-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

MAC Remote Desktop App For Windows

Has anyone used anything like the MAC Remote Desktop for Windows?

Its way more organized and simple, I have to connect to about 50 different vps daily and it saves a lot of speed.

Just wanted a windows solution as well.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/micr...15768417?mt=12
Advertisement
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 03:10 PM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
If you have Windows, then you have Remote Desktop. You just need to enable the option to allow connections. If you're trying to access a system that's behind a router/firewall, then you'll also have to do some configuration to forward the remote desktop port to the computer you want to connect to.

Otherwise, go with Teamviewer. It's free for personal use, and doesn't require any port forwarding.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:39 PM   #3
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Yes windows has it built in however their organization for saving logins is horrible, there is none. Iam working by vps and mac is fairly organized I just need a windows option and can't really find one.

Fucked up thing is this is made by microsoft
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #4
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Remote Desktop Connection Manager (RDCman), perhaps?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/down....aspx?id=44989
Old 03-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
フルコンボ

Thanked 3,931 Times in 583 Posts
Teamviewer works cross platform quite well. We use it at work for remote monitoring / remote suppport. Free for non-commercial use.
RCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:46 PM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Windows remote desktop and VNC are decent and free solutions. I don't use either because my personal internet is on dynamic ip and I'm too lazy to set up something to map it when it changes.

I love teamviewer. It's my go to because its login based.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #7
Bieksa eats bears for breakfast...

What you do, and its pretty shitty, is to save the connection settings shortcut for each server or machine that you need to connect to. The Mac OS version does it entirely in the app itself so you can better organize it there. What I do at work is create a folder, and then save a connection setting shortcut file for each server i want, and then run the shortcut whenever i need to connect to a specific server. Unfortunately it means a folder of about 50 some odd shortcut files, but each shortcut file has the login credentials as well as the screen res settings I want.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTan3 View Post
Yes windows has it built in however their organization for saving logins is horrible, there is none. Iam working by vps and mac is fairly organized I just need a windows option and can't really find one.

Fucked up thing is this is made by microsoft

Your balls are sensitive things!! They shouldn't be played around with, at least not like that, and you should NOT BE DIPPING THEM IN AFTERSHAVE! Oh my god, I feel sorry for your balls!"

ODC: "Wrong, a roots type blower will produce max boost from 0rpm to redline."

Iceman_19: "A roots makes zero boost at zero rpm, lol"

Ulic Qel-Droma: "haha go google image big black dick. or black cock. i forgot which term i used. it's one of the many."
Iceman_2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: