REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
Doesn't know that condom-depot.com has free shipping

how to Setup two displays properly?

someone please help me i have an issue. I bought a second monitor to game and have my second monitor to browse. The problem is when minimizing out of game or switch to the game FULL screen, the second monitor either clones it extends the entire game in the middle of the screen.

I just want one monitor for game, and the other for browsing. I was using a program called "ontopreplica" and I was able to game full screen while using the second freely if I hit the minmize button.

Since I restarted the computer, it no longer works, and the computer just keeps switching between extended or duplicate modes. This is windows 10 using amd card and eyefinity.

Another thing, how can I have my new monitor acquire the same sharpness as my samsung in cinema mode? The new 144hz monitors or gaming monitors in general seem to have no option changing in between game modes, cinema mode, vivid. On my old samsung display I can choose between gaming, theatre, vivid modes. If I switch to cinema mode it will show the smallest detail on a picture
Advertisement
doritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doritos View Post
someone please help me i have an issue. I bought a second monitor to game and have my second monitor to browse. The problem is when minimizing out of game or switch to the game FULL screen, the second monitor either clones it extends the entire game in the middle of the screen.

I just want one monitor for game, and the other for browsing. I was using a program called "ontopreplica" and I was able to game full screen while using the second freely if I hit the minmize button.

Since I restarted the computer, it no longer works, and the computer just keeps switching between extended or duplicate modes. This is windows 10 using amd card and eyefinity.

Another thing, how can I have my new monitor acquire the same sharpness as my samsung in cinema mode? The new 144hz monitors or gaming monitors in general seem to have no option changing in between game modes, cinema mode, vivid. On my old samsung display I can choose between gaming, theatre, vivid modes. If I switch to cinema mode it will show the smallest detail on a picture
First of all, what brand is your new monitor?

I'm not very familiar with Win10, but have you tried going through the screen resolution option and setting which monitor is main? Also, in that window, there is a multiple display option, on how you want your monitor to behave (extend, duplicate, etc).

If you've tried these, maybe install the software that came with your monitor. Those usually fixes it and also provides you with the different modes.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
First of all, what brand is your new monitor?

I'm not very familiar with Win10, but have you tried going through the screen resolution option and setting which monitor is main? Also, in that window, there is a multiple display option, on how you want your monitor to behave (extend, duplicate, etc).

If you've tried these, maybe install the software that came with your monitor. Those usually fixes it and also provides you with the different modes.
yes I have tried those methods, I have an acer gn246hl
Old 04-14-2017, 12:01 AM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

You shouldn't need a 3rd party software to run two monitors. I'd delete ontopreplica and try to make it work with windows screen resolution settings. Myself, I run "extend these displays" and have monitor 1 as my main gaming monitor.

Also, a tip is to run games on "windowed" mode. Most games now have "full screen borderless windowed" mode. It will allow you to alt tab between programs without the game actually minimizing. So if i have chrome on one monitor and csgo on the other, i can alt tab back and forth and the game will still be on screen instead of minimizing.

As for "in cinema" modes, those are just manufacture presets of adjusting brightness, contrast, color, hue, sharpness. You can mess with those yourself to get colors right. Windows also has a calibrating page in their setup somewhere.
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeknerd View Post
You shouldn't need a 3rd party software to run two monitors. I'd delete ontopreplica and try to make it work with windows screen resolution settings. Myself, I run "extend these displays" and have monitor 1 as my main gaming monitor.

Also, a tip is to run games on "windowed" mode. Most games now have "full screen borderless windowed" mode. It will allow you to alt tab between programs without the game actually minimizing. So if i have chrome on one monitor and csgo on the other, i can alt tab back and forth and the game will still be on screen instead of minimizing.

As for "in cinema" modes, those are just manufacture presets of adjusting brightness, contrast, color, hue, sharpness. You can mess with those yourself to get colors right. Windows also has a calibrating page in their setup somewhere.
I do try with the windows screen resolution settings, the problem is whenever I open a game, and minimize back to the screen, the secondary monitor will duplicate again. Plus when I do run the games in windows borderless, the game is smack dab in the middle between the two screens, I can see the desktop around it, how can i move to the main screen?

Anyways, as for the presets on my Old samsung with cinema, what setting would adjust the sharpness on my acer? You can see a huge difference between the two monitors when the samsung is in cinema mode, there are all the details you cant see on the acer which is bugging me.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:04 AM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Not all games are optimized for multi-monitor setups. Are both screens the same resolution? Same output -- 2x DVI or 2x HDMI? If both are correct try getting the NVIDIA or ATI software for multi-monitor. These will force it to work. If you're running different resolutions nothing can save you.

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote