REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-24-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Need mechanic recommendations

Sup Revscene,

Looking for a mechanic in the Vancouver/N. Van area who will allow me to supply my own new parts to be installed (basically they can charge whatever for labor and I'll gladly pay extra just for the service). The old mechanic I used to use was all the way in New West, and that's just too far for me and my work schedule (I live in dt Van near Stanley Park). I was suggested to Kon's Auto, but not sure if he accepts outside parts (I only want to use NEW Ford parts).

Anyone have recommendations? also looking to do an SVT upgrade on my DD using all new parts this summer.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Any shop will probably do that, although most will be opposed to it. They just won't warranty any of their work.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Any shop will probably do that, although most will be opposed to it. They just won't warranty any of their work.
Any recommendations?
StanleyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #4
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
choose carefully and make sure the parts you supply are good and correct for the vehicle. many mechanics hate this sort of thing. they get supplied parts by the customer that the mechanic didn't order and can vouch for their fitment and warranty, and after the car is on the hoist, the parts end up being wrong, don't fit, defective... or they do fit and then later on something goes wrong with said parts and the customer goes on a tear blaming the mechanic.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote