REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-27-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Previous owner mail

My wife and I been in our current home for over a year but the previous owner had small village living here plus renters. We keep sending their mail back marked return to sender. We usually are sending upwards 20 pieces a week back. Today a repo man came looking for one of them who apparently got a car in January provided our address but no payments.

Has anyone had similar situation and if so any suggestions on how to stop getting their mail? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated

Thank You
Advertisement
Dharminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,077 Posts
I've had the same problem nearly 3 years now. In for advice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 04-27-2017 at 08:44 PM.
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:54 PM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

My experience has been if you are diligent in sending it back with detailed notes written with a thick bold sharpie like: "Return to sender, nobody lives here by that name" or Please stop stending mail to this address, this person does not live here" and it will slow down after a month or two
MrPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:01 PM   #4
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,451 Times in 5,113 Posts
This happens to so many people around me with too quickly recycled cell phone numbers too! Constant calls for the previous phone number owner from creditors... man, we really are in for a economic crash if this shit is so frequent with everyone.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/...t=maildelivery
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:07 PM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I work at a post office so let me add a few notes to this.

- we do return letter mail back to sender if it was a paid letter mail; its up to the sender to update their systems so you won't get them again

- ad mail (personalized mail) we don't return; we just throw it away and recycle. Can't do much about that I'm afraid

Hope that helps
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #7
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,817 Times in 2,504 Posts
i've written "wrong address return to sender" only to have it sent back to me with what i printed still on it

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2017, 07:40 AM   #8
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

if the old tenants/owners don't care enough about changing addresses, its probably not an important piece of mail to them.......

after 6 months of this stuff i would trash it
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Looking at the types of stuff that comes we can tell they are in some serious financial trouble, Sands & Associates, money tree, 4-7 voter registration cards (wife contact who ever to have everyone removed from the address)
My wife usually hands a stack to the mail carrier every monday marked return to sender, but as mentioned above the same letter makes it way back.

I would love to start just throwing stuff out but apparently its against the law and if caught could get some serious trouble, but might have to just start doing that.
Dharminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:02 AM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
i've written "wrong address return to sender" only to have it sent back to me with what i printed still on it
hahah this
happened to me so many times

the previous owners of my unit moved out more than 2 years ago and yesterday I just got another letter meant for them

I did learn that if it was spam mail, i was better off hucking that shit in the bin cus for the first 6 months of living there, i was still getting their shit despite me diligently writing "RTS - Moved"

I don't know just how clueless/lazy the previous owners were but I was getting some bank-related info and even a credit card a year into living at my place.

Assuming you're moving within the GVRD, i don't understand how some people still can't get their shit together and make sure addresses are changed on the basics. It's your banking information for fuck's sakes. It's a pain in the ass but at the very least, it should be done.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:33 AM   #11
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharminder View Post
Looking at the types of stuff that comes we can tell they are in some serious financial trouble, Sands & Associates, money tree, 4-7 voter registration cards (wife contact who ever to have everyone removed from the address)
My wife usually hands a stack to the mail carrier every monday marked return to sender, but as mentioned above the same letter makes it way back.

I would love to start just throwing stuff out but apparently its against the law and if caught could get some serious trouble, but might have to just start doing that.
Yea doesn't look like they care about Money Tree so much that they will be suing you for trashing their mail. Having said that, if you accidentally had things drop into the trash can that was on the floor beside the door.....
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
I had that grammar mistake in the past.

I didn't realize that it is most likely interpreted that it was sent to the wrong house and now, the address will be sent to my actual address.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:13 AM   #13

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Parents had someone open a bank account at VanCity under my parents address in Burnaby. They were receiving lots of mail from this person and were constantly sending it back and even calling the bank to let them know about it but they wouldn't do anything about it. It got to the point where my mom told the bank that if they were to keep sending it there she'll open it. Boom. Never had a single letter from them delivered to their house again.

Looked the guys name up on facebook to see what came up and only 1 person showed. Guy looked like a junkie from Coquitlam.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:27 AM   #14
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
I had the previous owners mail sent to my house for ages and I kept on sending back with return to sender on it as well. I've been in the house for 7 months now and I just toss it if I receive anything. If the previous owner is lazy I aint putting in effort for him.

He was a fucken dick as well.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:55 PM   #15
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Simple solution dollar store labels over the address so it can't be redelivered. even better if you spend the nickel in toner and print MOVED on them.

or sharpie over the address
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote