REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-28-2017, 02:16 AM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Summer Lake Okanagan Boat Rentals

Planning a late July trip to the Okanagan with some friends. Kelowna for the most part.

I want to rent a sick boat for 2-3 days while there. A day boat, obviously (ie. wakeboard/ski boat, although I do neither). Must be nice and fast and comfortably seat 6.

Anyone done something similar? What's a reasonable budget? How much fuel does a 340hp 4.8L boat motor burn in a day ($)? Insurance? How much in advance do I need to reserve the boat for our trip dates?

Did this before for a day many years ago but it was a shit boat booked last minute and I don't recall the final costs.

Thanks in advance my dudes.

Advertisement
Amaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 AM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Anything half decent is going to be $$$ with a big deposit, hence why most rentals are shit.

a 5.0L boat will burn up $100 in gas a day if you're driving it around a decent amount, or towing tubes, wakeboard, etc.

Also a lot of places now i've run into for rentals require boating licences which wasn't the norm a few years ago, and i would assume any higher end boat that had trim settings etc. would require you to have a licence

I've rented quite a few boats, sea-doo's, snowmobiles, etc. and i dont ever recall being able to purchase insurance for them through the rental company. Be prepared to get fucked in the ass HARD if you damage a newer boat. Hull repairs and anything with the prop/jet leg is going to be BIG money.

we cracked the hull of an old rental jetski and ended up having to pay $1600 in repairs a few years back lol
Old 05-05-2017, 06:09 AM   #3
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

You might need to obtain a $100 Pleasure craft Operator's Card, you can get one online.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
I can't remember the name of the company, but we rented an 8 seater ski boat last spring, you could rent it either for the morning (8-12), the afternoon (12-4) or all day. A boat with a tower was $400 for the afternoon ($300 for one without), and we went through about $100 in fuel (refueled at the dock so it's pricier). The boat came with all the life jackets, ropes and a 3 person tube thing (you'd need to supply your own skis or wakeboard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Also a lot of places now i've run into for rentals require boating licences which wasn't the norm a few years ago, and i would assume any higher end boat that had trim settings etc. would require you to have a licence
By law you need to have a license, fortunately if you're renting the renter can run you through this brief safety list and you're legally allowed to run it for the day. Of course the online license program only tells you that after you've paid and started the test. I got the license figuring it would be useful, except it doesn't really cover much of anything to do with actually operating a boat.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-05-2017, 11:48 AM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
I have two kayaks you can borrow for a few cases of microbrew
Old 05-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I just saw this, just to throw it out there we have a wakesetter and I actually find it easier to rent a boat than to get the fucking thing from our cabin and drag it out to osoyoos or kelowna or whatever. Especially for weekend/long weekend trips.

Last time we went out to kelowna I rented a newer four winns boat that was awesome for $450 a day and we fueled it ourselves rather than paying the stupid rental places prices for gas, and it was totally reasonable.

A 2 day rental with gas, insurance and the whole shebang was like less than $1200. Sounds expensive, but considering I didn't have to take my big ass diesel all the way to kelowna, and drag that cunting trailer and boat around like some sort of hillbilly, it made the cost totally worth it.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Saw this on RFD today. Might be able to save you a few dollars on the license.
[Boatnbob.com] Canadian Boating License - $25 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote