REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   What are some good Kitchen Shoes / Pants? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/712385-what-some-good-kitchen-shoes-pants.html)

heisenberg 05-05-2017 02:39 AM

What are some good Kitchen Shoes / Pants?

As the title states, I'm looking for feed back on my next purchase for shoes and pants.

I had the Mozo Forzas. Great shoes, but after a while the shoes started getting really stiff and the "leather" starts to peel in spots.

I'm currently wearing the Birkenstock Boston Clogs. Once again, great shoes but after wearing them in for about a year they're really stiff and my knees are taking the hit.

Should I look for Birkenstock Insoles? or should I upgrade shoes? I'm more of a fan of clogs right now, but won't mind going back to a closed back shoe.

And as for pants, I've worn old black pants, and then finally got a pair of drawstring "chef" pants. I realized I need more pants.
Does anyone have any recommendations for pants? or what pants you usually wear to work?

And as a side note, whats your kitchen EDC?
On me always is my cell phone, lighter, smokes, sharpie, mechanical pencil, black pen, sharpie fine point marker, and a pocket knife.

TIA for any feed back.

edit : please move if in wrong thread

CorneringArtist 05-06-2017 02:26 PM

Not a chef here, but I was told that the head chef at Cactus Club in South Surrey moved his entire BOH staff onto Lululemon pants according to my brother who works for the Lululemon nearby. ABC Pants are the right balance of being able to offer good range of movement, and more importantly, breathe when it gets hot.

I work in a customer service position, and having switched from Red Kap cotton uniform pants that ended up wearing out after three months and being hot as hell in the summer, I've been using ABC Pants for the better part of two months, and they still look unfazed by regular washes and keep me nice and cool.

ae101 05-22-2017 07:24 PM

Vcc dt, they have a cooking program over there and lot ppl go to the book store pickup things

westopher 05-26-2017 07:27 PM

I wear birks. The ugly rubber ones, and a pair of stretch denim cheap Monday black jeans. We are pretty casual in the kitchen. Where do you work? PM me if you don't want to share the info here.

cho 05-26-2017 11:55 PM

I have a pair from sika, soft heels, steel toed wear them everyday for my 10-12 hour shifts, around 120~ and been alive for 2 years

heisenberg 05-28-2017 12:31 AM

currently working at a joeys, so uniform is somewhat strict? white shirt, black pants, black polish-able shoes. those items are "supply yourselves" i've heard the sikas were good, with the wooden insole.

i've heard the ugly rubber birks were super comfortable, but too bad they don't breathe well? correct me if im wrong.

currently with this huge heat wave, i'm looking for something breathable, pants wise, and shoes, just something new in general. due to the super open back, form to your feet cork soles, i now have cracked heels

pintoBC_3sgte 05-28-2017 02:25 PM

I'm surprised you have to supply your own pants. Cactus gave those out since it was apart of the uniform. Haha I used to order myself pants every couple months.

As far as shoes go, I always went to marks and got the grease proof, non slip, slip on, steel toed ones. I made sure to bring a bottle of water and test the grip tho. I've gotten non slip and was sliding around . Steel toed saved me a couple of times. Now I use the non steel toed ones just because they are so much lighter.

westopher 05-28-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cho (Post 8843617)
for my 10-12 hour shifts

Aww that's cute.....

heisenberg 05-28-2017 10:58 PM

ya thats the part i kinda find funny, if its part of the uniform, doesnt the employer have to supply it?

like if i need first aid, company will pay for it, because it's part of my job requirements.
(if i already have the job)

dont get me wrong tho, the birkenstock bostons arent uncomfortable once you wear them in.

do you guys go shirtless under your jerseys right now? with this summer i think i'll be doing it more often.
or do any of you wear compression shirts / shorts to beat the sweat sticking on your shirts?

cho 05-29-2017 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8843787)
Aww that's cute.....

Sorry chef

westopher 05-29-2017 06:34 AM

A couple answers here.
Your employer must provide and launder your uniform if it has their logo or branding on it only. So that's pretty much just going to cover your chef coat.
BUY AT LEAST 5 PAIRS OF SAXX UNDERWEAR. My rage level on line is so much lower with a comfortable nutsack and no chafing.