REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 05-05-2017, 02:39 AM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

What are some good Kitchen Shoes / Pants?

As the title states, I'm looking for feed back on my next purchase for shoes and pants.

I had the Mozo Forzas. Great shoes, but after a while the shoes started getting really stiff and the "leather" starts to peel in spots.

I'm currently wearing the Birkenstock Boston Clogs. Once again, great shoes but after wearing them in for about a year they're really stiff and my knees are taking the hit.

Should I look for Birkenstock Insoles? or should I upgrade shoes? I'm more of a fan of clogs right now, but won't mind going back to a closed back shoe.

And as for pants, I've worn old black pants, and then finally got a pair of drawstring "chef" pants. I realized I need more pants.
Does anyone have any recommendations for pants? or what pants you usually wear to work?

And as a side note, whats your kitchen EDC?
On me always is my cell phone, lighter, smokes, sharpie, mechanical pencil, black pen, sharpie fine point marker, and a pocket knife.

TIA for any feed back.

edit : please move if in wrong thread
Advertisement
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:26 PM   #2
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Not a chef here, but I was told that the head chef at Cactus Club in South Surrey moved his entire BOH staff onto Lululemon pants according to my brother who works for the Lululemon nearby. ABC Pants are the right balance of being able to offer good range of movement, and more importantly, breathe when it gets hot.

I work in a customer service position, and having switched from Red Kap cotton uniform pants that ended up wearing out after three months and being hot as hell in the summer, I've been using ABC Pants for the better part of two months, and they still look unfazed by regular washes and keep me nice and cool.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Vcc dt, they have a cooking program over there and lot ppl go to the book store pickup things

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
I wear birks. The ugly rubber ones, and a pair of stretch denim cheap Monday black jeans. We are pretty casual in the kitchen. Where do you work? PM me if you don't want to share the info here.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:55 PM   #5
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
I have a pair from sika, soft heels, steel toed wear them everyday for my 10-12 hour shifts, around 120~ and been alive for 2 years
Old 05-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #6

currently working at a joeys, so uniform is somewhat strict? white shirt, black pants, black polish-able shoes. those items are "supply yourselves" i've heard the sikas were good, with the wooden insole.

i've heard the ugly rubber birks were super comfortable, but too bad they don't breathe well? correct me if im wrong.

currently with this huge heat wave, i'm looking for something breathable, pants wise, and shoes, just something new in general. due to the super open back, form to your feet cork soles, i now have cracked heels
Old 05-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #7
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I'm surprised you have to supply your own pants. Cactus gave those out since it was apart of the uniform. Haha I used to order myself pants every couple months.

As far as shoes go, I always went to marks and got the grease proof, non slip, slip on, steel toed ones. I made sure to bring a bottle of water and test the grip tho. I've gotten non slip and was sliding around . Steel toed saved me a couple of times. Now I use the non steel toed ones just because they are so much lighter.
pintoBC_3sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho View Post
for my 10-12 hour shifts
Aww that's cute.....
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2017, 10:58 PM   #9

ya thats the part i kinda find funny, if its part of the uniform, doesnt the employer have to supply it?

like if i need first aid, company will pay for it, because it's part of my job requirements.
(if i already have the job)

dont get me wrong tho, the birkenstock bostons arent uncomfortable once you wear them in.

do you guys go shirtless under your jerseys right now? with this summer i think i'll be doing it more often.
or do any of you wear compression shirts / shorts to beat the sweat sticking on your shirts?
Old 05-29-2017, 02:13 AM   #10
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Aww that's cute.....
Sorry chef
Old 05-29-2017, 06:34 AM   #11

A couple answers here.
Your employer must provide and launder your uniform if it has their logo or branding on it only. So that's pretty much just going to cover your chef coat.
BUY AT LEAST 5 PAIRS OF SAXX UNDERWEAR. My rage level on line is so much lower with a comfortable nutsack and no chafing.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by: