REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   All the Douchebags You Meet Working in a Luxury-Car Dealership (https://www.revscene.net/forums/712459-all-douchebags-you-meet-working-luxury-car-dealership.html)

20psi 05-13-2017 06:28 AM

All the Douchebags You Meet Working in a Luxury-Car Dealership

Thought you folks might get a kick out of this oh so sad Vice "journalist's" article

To get a sense of what goes on inside these very secure-looking dealership buildings that should definitely not be the target of a real-life Furious heist, I called up a few women who worked in the industry. They told VICE about the sexist work culture, the surprisingly young clientele, and all the uncomfortable shit that happens when you put a bunch of rich people in a room together

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a...car-dealership

Badhobz 05-13-2017 06:35 AM

Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver doesn't have any eye candy receptionist nor does MCL. Both have a middle aged, very professional lady.

Sooooo maybe the lambo guys and Tesla ? I don't know, I've never been.

kross9 05-13-2017 07:18 AM

hmm working the luxury dealer I dont really see that part of it. But definitely lots and lots of younger Asian people moving in herds to buy their car, service their car and what-nots...

And people do get very sue happy to if things dont go their way or realize you cant export lol

tofu1413 05-13-2017 08:36 AM

lol

any dealer, any retail you work at or customer service you work at, you bump into douchebags once in a while.

(and of course you get the super nice folks too)

Hondaracer 05-13-2017 10:38 AM

what a fucking pathetic whiny article..

puting down people not celebrating when they are buying their vehicle, having a few friends around for the purchase..

People like this in retail need to STFU and do your job or find a new one and stop complaining. I always relate situations like this back to an experience i had in a SONY store one time.

a guy demo'ed a home theatre setup in the store back when Projectors etc. were still a big deal, the guy went on and on about how he had put it together himself and he selected the components and did all the testing etc.

When i started to pick apart some of the setup and touch the receiver to look at the back and inputs etc. the guy basically swatted my hand away as if i was a visitor in his home touching his prized rose garden

You're in retail, shut up and do your job and bow down to what the customer wants, buying a 150-600k car, no one is looking for your opinion on how a business should operate or how a customer should act.

westopher 05-13-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu1413 (Post 8841452)
lol

any dealer, any retail you work at or customer service you work at, you bump into douchebags once in a while.

(and of course you get the super nice folks too)

Every interaction with other humans, work or otherwise, you are bound to come across a few cunts in the mix. The more people I meet though, the more I realize most people aren't assholes. Its more likely they are just awkward if they seem like it. Malice and arrogance are really rare in most of my interactions.

bcuzracecarz 05-13-2017 11:12 AM

Like tofu and westopher said, doesn't matter where you work, assholes will present themselves. I do notice when I go walking through places like Nordstrom (or Ferrari/Lambo) in normal street clothing I get the "you're too poor to be in here" look. I think the main issue is people in general nowadays, especially the younger generation, have forgotten/haven't bothered to learn how to interact with others face to face, it's not that they're meaning to be rude initially they just don't know how to interact. With places like McDonald's and other companies switching to automated machines rather than person to person interaction, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Harvey Specter 05-13-2017 11:45 AM

Another hit piece against successful people from a bitter SJW who probably wants to see a 75% tax against the rich and free housing and drugs for everyone. I also like how she managed to bring up "rich Asians" in her article, thought Liberals are all about unity and fight racism. Guess not.

The_AK 05-13-2017 01:13 PM

Classic Vice, no surprise after reading thread title and link to article. That being said, I would say that a good sales person needs to be able to relate to the customer which for someone looking in, who doesn't fit the persona of someone who would be buying a Maserati/Ferrari/etc, said salesperson might to appear like a douche bag. I mean you can't expect to walk in and prepare to talk to the salesperson about clear cutting our forests or the social impact of safe spaces... I'm going to stop writing before I go into a rant.

Badhobz 05-13-2017 03:56 PM

I dont think the margins are that great on new cars anyways and maybe thats why you get these disinterested salespersons who gets a minimum wage salary and the rest purely based on commissions. All these dealerships survive because of their service department... and maybe that's why these luxury pieces of shits always go wrong.

I remember the greatest "celebratory" car sales experience was when my dad bought a plymouth voyager (dodge caravan rebranded) se from the chrysler on willingdon and lougheed. They actually popped a bottle of bubbly and rang a big ass bell. This was back in the early 2000's. In this day and age im sure the only time they'll bring out the good stuff is if you buy a LaFerrari or some other cray cray hypercar. If you buy a 488, you just get a handshake.

jasonturbo 05-13-2017 04:48 PM

I find the salesmen often come off as total douchebags.

I think it might be because I look/dress like a poor white person, roll up to the Porsche dealer and they are like "oh fuck here comes another time wasting dreamer, can't wait for his credit app to get rejected"

tofu1413 05-13-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonturbo (Post 8841493)

I think it might be because I look/dress like a poor white person, roll up to the Porsche dealer and they are like "oh fuck here comes another time wasting dreamer, can't wait for his credit app to get rejected"

on the contrary..... see a guy with a POS roll into my dealer.... the guy probably needs a new car.

A good financing manager makes the difference between a dream and actually owning the damn car. true story. :fuckyea:

Hondaracer 05-13-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8841489)
I dont think the margins are that great on new cars anyways and maybe thats why you get these disinterested salespersons who gets a minimum wage salary and the rest purely based on commissions. All these dealerships survive because of their service department... and maybe that's why these luxury pieces of shits always go wrong.

I remember the greatest "celebratory" car sales experience was when my dad bought a plymouth voyager (dodge caravan rebranded) se from the chrysler on willingdon and lougheed. They actually popped a bottle of bubbly and rang a big ass bell. This was back in the early 2000's. In this day and age im sure the only time they'll bring out the good stuff is if you buy a LaFerrari or some other cray cray hypercar. If you buy a 488, you just get a handshake.

I don't work in retail but the margins shouldn't effect how you approach a customer. Especially when you're representing Ferrari, Maserati, etc

Jmac 05-13-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8841471)
Another hit piece against successful people from a bitter SJW who probably wants to see a 75% tax against the rich and free housing and drugs for everyone. I also like how she managed to bring up "rich Asians" in her article, thought Liberals are all about unity and fight racism. Guess not.

Where can I pick up the deed to my free house filled with narcotics?

BIC_BAWS 05-13-2017 07:40 PM

Vice, what used to be a pleasant read, is now just garbage. Seems to me Vice is moving towards sensational "news". Kind of reminds me of that shitty US media fb page where they clip together a one minute video, but tells no story.

This article is probably as garbage as the Anti-asian video on Vice

richardmozis 05-13-2017 07:43 PM

Ahh... a chance to talk about the diverse and interesting car culture in Vancouver.

Vice: naahhh we'll just find a way to make it about sexism, it'll get more clicks.

Mr.Money 05-13-2017 08:26 PM

i think Vice is getting mixed up in the Food Service industry,i swear some of them have half of they're Titty hanging out for Tips.

westopher 05-13-2017 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonturbo (Post 8841493)

Any smart salesman in Vancouver knows white people can't afford shit unless they are over 60.

Badhobz 05-14-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8841549)
Any smart salesman in Vancouver knows white people can't afford shit unless they are over 60.

Old white money beats young Chinese money any day.
It's serious stuff.

Spoon 05-14-2017 07:48 AM

A lot of these young Chinese people also get their exotics repoed when they overspend their monthly allowance. :lol

flagella 05-14-2017 08:02 AM

It's pretty challenging to live here with only $20k monthly allowance ;)

SkunkWorks 05-14-2017 10:09 AM

What a stupid article. If you're a salesman you pander to the customer.

First thought in my mind of author is the first salesguy in this:

shiesty 05-14-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8841549)

Or if you were Chinese but spoke perfect English

Robert Stack 05-14-2017 06:30 PM

Fuck I was hoping for some actual stories!

320icar 05-14-2017 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8841466)
what a fucking pathetic whiny article..

puting down people not celebrating when they are buying their vehicle, having a few friends around for the purchase..

People like this in retail need to STFU and do your job or find a new one and stop complaining. I always relate situations like this back to an experience i had in a SONY store one time.

a guy demo'ed a home theatre setup in the store back when Projectors etc. were still a big deal, the guy went on and on about how he had put it together himself and he selected the components and did all the testing etc.

When i started to pick apart some of the setup and touch the receiver to look at the back and inputs etc. the guy basically swatted my hand away as if i was a visitor in his home touching his prized rose garden

You're in retail, shut up and do your job and bow down to what the customer wants, buying a 150-600k car, no one is looking for your opinion on how a business should operate or how a customer should act.

Fuck the Sony store so hard. In highschool I saved up around $100 and was shopping for a really good set of headphones. They fucking kicked me out. Bunch of old hag Asian guys