REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 05-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Ko Samui?

Planning on doing a side trip this November to Ko Samui with the fiancee (will be wife by then ) for 5 days or so.

Has anyone ever been before? We were thinking of staying at the Tongsai Bay resort. We wanted to avoid the "busier" area of chaweng beach which looked nice but super americanized.

We are going to be flying out of HKG, and flights were surprisingly expensive (~640CAD per person, round) compared to other side trips we've done to other SE asian destinations.

Main goal of the trip would be R and R. I know massages in the resort are super $$ so we were thinking of venturing out too.

Any tips or notes on your experiences would be appreciated
Advertisement
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
all i know is there's a magic mushroom named after this place.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-10-2017, 10:34 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,715 Posts
Koh Samui is great, came back from Thailand in March. Was probably my favorite island.

You'll be close to Koh Phangan to check out the full moon party if you're interested (to be honest I think it's madly overrated). Definitely take a ferry over to Koh Tao while you're there as well, it's beautiful.

You chose a good island to set base though, I'd give more suggestions, but you're going with a GF, haha.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
I came, I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Koh Samui is great, came back from Thailand in March. Was probably my favorite island.

You'll be close to Koh Phangan to check out the full moon party if you're interested (to be honest I think it's madly overrated). Definitely take a ferry over to Koh Tao while you're there as well, it's beautiful.

You chose a good island to set base though, I'd give more suggestions, but you're going with a GF, haha.
Please do give suggestions for the single travelers.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,568 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slifer View Post
Please do give suggestions for the single travelers.
For single travelers, Tinder is a must in Thailand, easy way to pick up both Thai and tourists who live on Samui, etc.

There's tons of mongering to be had on Samui though, not so much on Koh Phangan, you'll find more tourists there. So it depends on what you're looking for? Phuket is the other major spot for mongering, but to be honest, I wasn't a fan of Phuket. Too many Russians, and the beaches are nasty. So really it depends what you're looking for, we traveled through quite a lot of Thailand, so feel free to ask questions.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
all i know is there's a magic mushroom named after this place.
They have a ton of shroom shakes there

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote