REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Chinese cafe breakfast (https://www.revscene.net/forums/712503-chinese-cafe-breakfast.html)

mr_chin 05-19-2017 10:56 AM

Chinese cafe breakfast

Where are some places to get western chinese breakfast? The Boss and Golden Oscar is the only two places I know that has breakfast at decent price.

By breakfast I mean egg, toast, choice of sausage, bacon, ham. A bowl of noodle of vermicelli and choice of drink like milk tea, coffee, etc.

Golden Oscar is the cheapest I found. It's like $7. The Boss is close to $10.

Traum 05-19-2017 11:11 AM

Cafe Loyal on Bridgeport & No. 5 has stuff ranging from $7 to $15+, but the parking there is shxt.

I seem to remember Alleluia Cafe in Richmond being quite affordable as well, but I honestly haven't been there for a while.

fliptuner 05-19-2017 11:23 AM

I go to M Cafe in Coquitlam on the regular. It's been consistently good ever since they opened a few years ago. Prices are relatively cheap.

whitev70r 05-19-2017 11:23 AM

Lido in Richmond is the bomb .. but you must be able to read and speak Chinese.
Copa Cafe?

ZN6 05-19-2017 11:37 AM

I fuckin' love Lido. gets my libido going with that chunk of pure fat butter in that pineapple bun. satay beef instant noodles and dual eggs and fried spam and toast. Lido for libido. I'd rub a bit of that butter on my nippurus. Order the satay beef on the side of the noodles in a bowl. they give you more sauce and more beef. Life hack. Shit is so good I would put some on my hand and spank one off.

Angel Cafe has a decent breakfast but it's kinda dirty. Same deal, eggs, side meat, frenchtoast then bowl of pasta or noodles with a drink (cold or hot is the same price).

Traum 05-19-2017 11:52 AM

Lido is good, but it is easy to get bloody expensive.

gilly 05-19-2017 12:16 PM

Honolulu by kingsway and joyce. I think its better than Oscar. They have the best french toast. Try it.

kr4l 05-19-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8842493)
Copa Cafe?

You know they have a English menu right?

jjson 05-19-2017 01:08 PM

Kingspark in crystal mall. They have all day breakfast but if you order before 11am I believe it's $7 or under.

whitev70r 05-19-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kr4l (Post 8842505)
You know they have a English menu right?

Haven't been there for a while but all the good combos and specialties are reserved for those who can read the strips of paper on the wall!

Traum 05-19-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gilly (Post 8842499)
Honolulu by kingsway and joyce. I think its better than Oscar. They have the best french toast. Try it.

Would have to disagree with this. One time I ordered it, and there was NO "gaiya" filling in it. Then I ordered it again on a different occasion, and this time, there was a minimal amount of it.
:rukidding:

The French toast at the Boss (@Metrotown) is far better than Honolulu.

m3thods 05-19-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 8842492)
I go to My Cafe in Coquitlam on the regular. It's been consistently good ever since they opened a few years ago. Prices are relatively cheap.

Do you mean M Cafe?

M Cafe is probably the only choice east of Burnaby. Combo A+B is just under 10 IIRC. And their french toast isn't bad. My wife loves it but I'm not a fan because I prefer just making breakfast myself. This is coming from someone who can walk to M Cafe lol

SkinnyPupp 05-19-2017 04:33 PM

Is Happy Date still around? That's where I used to like to go but I haven't been back in 10 years so I have no idea what's what anymore LUL

Traum 05-19-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8842536)
Is Happy Date still around? That's where I used to like to go but I haven't been back in 10 years so I have no idea what's what anymore LUL

Their new location on Kingsway (near Honolulu) opened earlier this year. I *think* their old Richmond location is still there?

fliptuner 05-19-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m3thods (Post 8842534)
Do you mean M Cafe?

M Cafe is probably the only choice east of Burnaby. Combo A+B is just under 10 IIRC. And their french toast isn't bad. My wife loves it but I'm not a fan because I prefer just making breakfast myself. This is coming from someone who can walk to M Cafe lol

Yeah, M. Satay beef vermicelli + Western breakfast or ribeye, eggs and French toast.

Btw they jacked up the prices last month, after they replaced the menus.

mr_chin 05-19-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 8842544)
Yeah, M. Satay beef vermicelli + Western breakfast or ribeye, eggs and French toast.

French toast with the combo? Everywhere else, they just give you toast or the "chan-bao".

fliptuner 05-19-2017 09:02 PM

They charge extra

TOS'd 05-20-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8842532)
Would have to disagree with this. One time I ordered it, and there was NO "gaiya" filling in it. Then I ordered it again on a different occasion, and this time, there was a minimal amount of it.
:rukidding:

The French toast at the Boss (@Metrotown) is far better than Honolulu.

Honolulu has definitely stepped up their game ever since Happy Day/Date moved into the neighbourhood.

Any place in Mount Pleasant? Ever since the restaurant side of Kams Bakery sold, there's nothing similar in that neighbourhood anymore. And the new place that took over isn't serving the same items.

Traum 05-20-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8842585)
Honolulu has definitely stepped up their game ever since Happy Day/Date moved into the neighbourhood.

Well... that is certainly good to hear. I'll give their French toast another try then.

Mind you, I never thought that Kingsway Honolulu was bad (in general). It's just that I thought their French toast was a ripoff.

pherio 05-20-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 8842544)

Their Breakfast Boat is pretty decent as well

winson604 05-21-2017 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8842493)
Copa Cafe?

Mmmm Lido

hchang 05-21-2017 10:28 AM

Damn haven't been very often ever since moving out of Richmond.

Used to go Kam Do when they were still open. Had the best Wife cakes too.

Now go to 1+1 (where e-canteen used to be) every now and then for breaks.

Anybody know of any good places in North Delta / Surrey / Ladner / Langley?

supafamous 05-21-2017 06:45 PM

My go to is Big Thumb on Kingsway between Knight and Fraser. About $9 for an A+B combo.

hirevtuner 05-21-2017 07:15 PM

I miss Kam Do back when it was open...my usual spot is Lido & Cafe Loyal when I'm in Richmond
Bostons & Angel cafe is good since it's close by for me
worse one is Oscars, average food for but expensive prices

SkinnyPupp 05-21-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 8842727)
Damn haven't been very often ever since moving out of Richmond.

Used to go Kam Do when they were still open. Had the best Wife cakes too.

Now go to 1+1 (where e-canteen used to be) every now and then for breaks.

Anybody know of any good places in North Delta / Surrey / Ladner / Langley?

Kam Do is gone? How about Silver Tower formerly known as Golden Award?

Missing those Midnight Goldens back in the day LUL

Kam Do was the first HK cafe I went to in Richmond. My gf (who I have now been with for 20 years!) dropped me off there when she went to class at Kwantlen. That's where I discovered the glory of Baked Cutlet Pork Chop on Rice, and theirs was still one of the best I ever had.