REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 05-19-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

sheet metal worker and no experience will train-true?

got interview today after responding to an ad for sheet metal entry level worker off craglist . they said no experience and will train. the guy talked to me for 3 min and told me come on wed. dont most of these sheet metal or trades job require one to go bcit or some sort schooling? my friend said they'll hire you but you'll be doing a lot labour work for them. im thinking what he's saying is pretty much true. i seen other companuies looking for sheet metal hvac duct workers and they all seem want you to know how use tools, weld, and other skills i havent even learned. i think they're just diguise the postion as sheet metal in the ad but reality you be doing labour work. i had an experience with this restaurant job that advertised looking for a cook, i got interviews within 3 min was told to come tommorrow.he said he'll train me as a cook and no problem as y ou dont have an experience in cooking.
i did and worked for few days. from the first day i wasnt even cooking---i was already cutting potatoes wedges for 8 hours, peeling kiwi fruit , cleaning restaurant windows and stoves. the second day samething and so on and so on till i quit.
Advertisement
lambo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #2
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambo76 View Post
got interview today after responding to an ad for sheet metal entry level worker off craglist . they said no experience and will train. the guy talked to me for 3 min and told me come on wed. dont most of these sheet metal or trades job require one to go bcit or some sort schooling? my friend said they'll hire you but you'll be doing a lot labour work for them. im thinking what he's saying is pretty much true. i seen other companuies looking for sheet metal hvac duct workers and they all seem want you to know how use tools, weld, and other skills i havent even learned. i think they're just diguise the postion as sheet metal in the ad but reality you be doing labour work. i had an experience with this restaurant job that advertised looking for a cook, i got interviews within 3 min was told to come tommorrow.he said he'll train me as a cook and no problem as y ou dont have an experience in cooking.
i did and worked for few days. from the first day i wasnt even cooking---i was already cutting potatoes wedges for 8 hours, peeling kiwi fruit , cleaning restaurant windows and stoves. the second day samething and so on and so on till i quit.
It's called earning your keep. You think just cuz you got the job you're entitled to go right to the top and actually do the job? Welcome to the real world my friend. I just had to do labour work for over a year before they let me touch the controls of a plane at my job... And I already have the licenses to prove I can operate the things.

Yes. You're going to be doing manual labour work, that's what being a fabricator is. I would ask on the first day if there's any possibility of them paying for your schooling... But that wouldn't be for a year or two of you working for them.

Fucking millennials
Old 05-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Is OP for real?

Also, I hate how 1982 and later birth years are considered "millenials" ... As a 1983-born individual, I don't feel like I have very much in common with those born in the mid-to-late 90s. I doubt most born in the 80s/early 90s would prefer not to be lumped in with them.

You come on here asking for advice (maybe, it's hard to tell if you're asking for advice or just ranting) and you present us with an unreadable, rambling, poorly-written wall of text. When you give zero respect to your potential readers, you're unlikely to get any respect back.

Last edited by Jmac; 05-19-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2017, 05:34 PM   #4

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
entitlement much lol.

If you cant take 8 hour of prep work for cooking, you wont last 5 mins as a sheet metal worker. what do you think sheet metal worker do? point a magic wand at things?

threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #5
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
he said he'll train me as a cook and no problem as y ou dont have an experience in cooking.
Omg you worked for two whole days and he didn't let you cook? What an asshole! They should find people to do the peeling and cutting but certainly not you - you're a cook, dammit!!!

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-19-2017, 10:42 PM   #6
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Omg you worked for two whole days and he didn't let you cook? What an asshole! They should find people to do the peeling and cutting but certainly not you - you're a cook, dammit!!!

Well yea that what he said in ad and interview
He said he will train me as cook
lambo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 05:45 AM   #7

Quote:
You're fucked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Is OP for real?

Also, I hate how 1982 and later birth years are considered "millenials" ... As a 1983-born individual, I don't feel like I have very much in common with those born in the mid-to-late 90s. I doubt most born in the 80s/early 90s would prefer not to be lumped in with them.

You come on here asking for advice (maybe, it's hard to tell if you're asking for advice or just ranting) and you present us with an unreadable, rambling, poorly-written wall of text. When you give zero respect to your potential readers, you're unlikely to get any respect back.
Is it now? For some reason I had it in my head it was those born in the mid/late nineties and 2000's.... Probably because I was born in 90 I just want to avoid being lumped in with the rest of the idiots as you said.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:47 AM   #8

edit: double post
Old 05-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
You're fucked

Is it now? For some reason I had it in my head it was those born in the mid/late nineties and 2000's.... Probably because I was born in 90 I just want to avoid being lumped in with the rest of the idiots as you said.
1982-2000 according to the US Census Bureau, it was previously known as Generation Y up until the last several years.

2001-Present is Generation Z, aka Post-Millenials.

Of course, Stats Canada has millenials as 1976-1996, which is even more fucked.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #10

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
1982-2000 according to the US Census Bureau, it was previously known as Generation Y up until the last several years.

2001-Present is Generation Z, aka Post-Millenials.

Of course, Stats Canada has millenials as 1976-1996, which is even more fucked.
God, typical millenial. Always complaining about stuff and bringing up stats and shit.

Spoiler!
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:25 AM   #11
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
cooks know how to peel and cut...that's what happens when you're a small potato

i'll show myself out now...

Quote:
Greenstoner