REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,715 Times in 3,135 Posts
Dealership pricing vs internet pricing

So i went down to my local VW dealership in richmond and got a quote for that sportwagen w/ 4motion and a big ole pano roof. They are quoting 463 dollars a month tax in. When looking online its only 416 a month.

I showed them what the internet was quoting and they said it was doc fees and PDI. But PDI is already included in the internet price. Doc fee of 500 bucks aint going to make such a huge discrepancy in pricing. Anyways they told me to go pound sand and that there is no way id be close to 416 dollars a month.

What gives?

Advertisement
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

416 x 1.12 = 465
Jonydakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-22-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Check the fine print?
Quote:
2 Payment shown includes freight and PDI only. $100 a/c levy, other environmental or related levies or taxes, PPSA, license, insurance, registration, additional options, or any dealer or other charges are extra. All payments, prices and figures are estimates only and are not binding on Volkswagen or any dealer. Actual selling price, leasing / financing rates and other terms are set by the Volkswagen dealer. This is not an advertisement to sell at specific prices or on specific credit terms. Leasing / financing rates, payments, prices, figures, options and other information are subject to change without notice and are subject to verification and acceptance by the Volkswagen dealer. Leasing and financing require credit approval by Volkswagen Finance. This vehicle is subject to a levy on which provincial and federal taxes are payable. The levy is therefore added to the vehicle price prior to the calculation of taxes. Dealer may sell or lease for less.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,715 Times in 3,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonydakiller View Post
416 x 1.12 = 465
ah got it.. taxes arent added. Thanks! its strange cuz the toyota and honda websites have an option to add in the tax. I assumed the VW one was already added.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote