REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/maintenance-engine-driveline-tech_190/)
-   -   Car Washing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/712589-car-washing.html)

tuhin 06-03-2017 11:40 AM

Car Washing

Got fed up of taking my car to the shop for washing. The main reason is that the shop is quite far from my house. I tried washing at home with a bucket full of water but it took me around two hours.

I need a machine that can help me washing my car easily and quickly. I have many other businesses to take care of.

Checked many websites but couldn't decide which product to buy. Among many options I found Sun Joe SPX4001 pressure washer is good option.

I need your suggestions..

BrokenEuro 06-03-2017 01:14 PM

Waterless wash is also fast. A bottle will last you at least 10 washes and runs $15 ish at Canadian Tire.

tuhin 06-04-2017 01:30 AM

Does waterless wash clean the oil and grease from the surface??

BIC_BAWS 07-22-2017 08:11 PM

If you're still wondering, waterless wash will scuff up your car IF it is filthy. If you care about swirls and such, I would not recommend waterless wash (it's like rubbing in dirt).

You mentioned that washing at home took around two hours. It takes me about 2 hours to fully detail a car: wash, clay, wash again, dry, polish, wax.

If you don't need the extra detailing, you can probably do it in about 45 minutes. Easiest and quickest way to do this is to have two buckets (rinse and wash) and make sure you work systematically. Make sure you wash your car in the shade or when it's not as hot, that way you wont get water marks or dried soap.

First, prep your buckets, one with soap and water, the other with just water. Then rinse your car with water first. It doesn't have to be perfect, and given the water restriction, I would do this fast. Then wash the car with two bucket method, ALWAYS start from the top, then work your way down to the bottom. After you're done rinse the car. If you're in a hurry, you can air dry it by driving. If not, you can dry the car with some high fiber content towels.

Alternatively, you could just pay someone to detail your car, and put on a ceramic layer. It apparently makes it so that you never have to wax, and it'll be easy to clean

unit 07-26-2017 11:55 AM

i have a commercial BE pressure washer at work honestly if you're looking to do a good job this is not a tool that's going to magically make the job that much easier. if you want it to look good you gotta put in the elbow grease and scrub every square inch.

i usually take about 45m for the wheels and 45m for the wash. including getting all the shit together and putting it all away, 2hrs is about right.

chinese_driver 09-06-2017 11:43 PM

i think what u lookin for is a foam cannon for a pressure washer... if the soap to water ratio is right, your foam will be thick enough that gravity will do most of the job for you and afterwards, rinse. should be alright for a 15 min wash.

lowside67 09-07-2017 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhin (Post 8844847)

Yup. Seems legit...

-Mark

kross9 09-30-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8860230)
Yup. Seems legit...

-Mark

could explain why it takes forever no clean water in Bangladesh