REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 06-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Car Washing

Got fed up of taking my car to the shop for washing. The main reason is that the shop is quite far from my house. I tried washing at home with a bucket full of water but it took me around two hours.

I need a machine that can help me washing my car easily and quickly. I have many other businesses to take care of.

Checked many websites but couldn't decide which product to buy. Among many options I found Sun Joe SPX4001 pressure washer is good option.

I need your suggestions..
Advertisement
tuhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:14 PM   #2
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Waterless wash is also fast. A bottle will last you at least 10 washes and runs $15 ish at Canadian Tire.
BrokenEuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 01:30 AM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Does waterless wash clean the oil and grease from the surface??
tuhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
If you're still wondering, waterless wash will scuff up your car IF it is filthy. If you care about swirls and such, I would not recommend waterless wash (it's like rubbing in dirt).

You mentioned that washing at home took around two hours. It takes me about 2 hours to fully detail a car: wash, clay, wash again, dry, polish, wax.

If you don't need the extra detailing, you can probably do it in about 45 minutes. Easiest and quickest way to do this is to have two buckets (rinse and wash) and make sure you work systematically. Make sure you wash your car in the shade or when it's not as hot, that way you wont get water marks or dried soap.

First, prep your buckets, one with soap and water, the other with just water. Then rinse your car with water first. It doesn't have to be perfect, and given the water restriction, I would do this fast. Then wash the car with two bucket method, ALWAYS start from the top, then work your way down to the bottom. After you're done rinse the car. If you're in a hurry, you can air dry it by driving. If not, you can dry the car with some high fiber content towels.

Alternatively, you could just pay someone to detail your car, and put on a ceramic layer. It apparently makes it so that you never have to wax, and it'll be easy to clean
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
i have a commercial BE pressure washer at work honestly if you're looking to do a good job this is not a tool that's going to magically make the job that much easier. if you want it to look good you gotta put in the elbow grease and scrub every square inch.

i usually take about 45m for the wheels and 45m for the wash. including getting all the shit together and putting it all away, 2hrs is about right.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:43 PM   #6
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i think what u lookin for is a foam cannon for a pressure washer... if the soap to water ratio is right, your foam will be thick enough that gravity will do most of the job for you and afterwards, rinse. should be alright for a 15 min wash.
chinese_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
Old School RS

Thanked 3,954 Times in 1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuhin View Post
Yup. Seems legit...

-Mark
Old 09-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
Yup. Seems legit...

-Mark
could explain why it takes forever no clean water in Bangladesh
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote