REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 06:58 AM   #351
My homepage has been set to RS

gadjovich is a sold pick does a lot of work infront of the net and corners!
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2017, 07:08 AM   #352
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Miller/Markstrom is most likely tradebait next season

especially if Miller takes the rumored incentive ladened contract

Canucks picked a goalie! Michael DiPeitro!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:10 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
https://theleafsnation.com/2017/06/0...l-draft-class/

Great article on point adjustments for all prospects and how they're likely to succeed based on it

For all of you guys bitching about the Canucks choice

Petersson put up more points than anyone in Div 1 in ~13 years at his age.

Double the amount of points David Pastrnak had, and double the goals Filip Forsberg had.
Theres also been significant changes to his league in the last couple years which has made it a lesser division than when Forsberg played in it

And DiPietro is a good pick with the 3rd especially cuz he's not related to rick
Old 06-24-2017, 08:12 AM   #354
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Travis hamonic .....sweet!
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Old 06-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #355
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_Devil View Post
Travis hamonic .....sweet!
that cgy blueline
Old 06-24-2017, 08:46 AM   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
https://theleafsnation.com/2017/06/0...l-draft-class/

Great article on point adjustments for all prospects and how they're likely to succeed based on it

For all of you guys bitching about the Canucks choice

Petersson put up more points than anyone in Div 1 in ~13 years at his age.

Double the amount of points David Pastrnak had, and double the goals Filip Forsberg had.
He played in Div 2 last year........................
Old 06-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #357
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Kole Lind

ISS
Quote:
Scouting Report | Lind is a skilled center that continued to turn heads with his play throughout the course of the season. More than doubled his point totals from 41 pts to 87 points this year. Smart, sneaky good shot, has good vision, very offensive, does a lot of good things away from the puck, back checks hard and has a good stick. Has all the tools to be first rounder and impact pro player, his vision and skill set are high end, he is one of the best pure passers in the WHL but needs to play with a lot more jam, can be more aggressive and tougher. He finishes checks only to rub people out, he can play with more of an edge and be more involved physically. His passing, vision and hockey sense really stand out. Quite player that seems to get things done and show up on the scoresheet.
Dir. Of Scouting, Dennis MacInnis | “Good offensive player. Moves the puck well. Has great hands. Needs to improve strength to excel at the next level. Will need to improve defensive positioning and physicality to round out game”.

ISS Scout Milan Dragicevic | “Very smart, sees the ice, and responsible in all 3 zones. When he plays with an edge he got some room to make plays, he makes his line mates better as he passes so well. His overall game is improving and he is having a big impact in the games”.

ISS Scout Ted Barrie | “Good OZ net front presence. Iimproved his defensive game since start of season rounding out his complete game. Has the capabilities & just needs to find that consistent game in game out effort”.

Size/Strength Very Good
Skating Very Good
Puck Skills Very Good
Shot Good
Offensive Play Very Good
Defensive Play Very Good
Physical Play Good
Competitiveness Very Good
Hockey Sense Very Good

Strengths 1. Playmaking Ability 2. Offensive Instincts 3. Hockey IQ

Weaknesses 1. Strength 2. Consistency

Skill Creative center who reads the game extremely well and has strong offensive tools. . NHL Potential Secondary scoring option could fit in well on second PP unit.

Style Comparison Ryan Johansen
THN:
Quote:
One scout had an interesting take on the late-blooming Lind. "His game is a little more subdued," the scout said. "He's kind of like that introverted girl at the party that you spend 20 minutes talking to and you're like, 'Man, why haven't I asked her out?'"

Which is a unique way of saying there is not a whole lot of sizzle or flash to Lind's game, but there is a lot to like about how he goes about his on-ice business. Most scouts describe Lind as an up-and-down winger who can make plays and contribute offensively.

After more than doubling his point totals in his second WHL season in Kelowna, the lanky right winger is giving the sense he can do more than just skate and go up and down his wing, although he can do those things very well. "He's one of those guys you look at the scoresheet and he had a little more of an impact on the game than you thought he did," said another scout.

"When you think of a player who can move quickly and make plays at a high pace and tempo, that's him. He's not a heavy guy, but he does have skill."

Last edited by Jmac; 06-24-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #358

Jonah Gadjovich

ISS:
Quote:
Scouting Report | Owen Sound’s 2nd round pick in 2014, he already completed his 3rd season with the team almost tripling his point total each season. He led the league in Power Play goals this season with 17. Jonah is a gifted goal scorer. Seldom misses a chance to shoot the puck. Excels on the PP in front of the net, retrieves pucks, makes plays. He can win puck battles with his size and strength. Smart offensive instincts. Not the fastest skater, he needs to improve his quickness and acceleration. He could play more physical and improve his defensive game. Foot speed could be a concern at the next level. His hockey sense could allow him to play a depth role in the NHL and if his skating can improve he could be a bottom 6 winger with upside.

Dir. Of Scouting, Dennis MacInnis | “Power forward finished with good physical play. Hands are fine with very good shot, shoots for rebound and drives net. Skating is average with slow first few steps but has improved slightly. Like his compete level and won most of his 1/1 battles. I like his upside especially if he keeps improving his skating”.

ISS Scout Phil Myre | “Big power winger who plays a hard north/south game. First few steps are slow and feet can look heavy at times. Decent speed when he gets going. Will go to the dirty areas and engage physically. Plays with a high compete level. Good hands in tight around the net and posses a very hard shot”.

Size/Strength Very Good
Skating Average
Puck Skills Very Good
Shot Excellent
Offensive Play Very Good
Defensive Play Average
Physical Play Good
Competitiveness Good
Hockey Sense Very Good

Strengths 1. Scoring 2. Shot 3. Offensive Play

Weaknesses 1. Quickness & Acceleration 2. Defensive Play

Skill Big strong winger who drives his way into scoring areas and has a good nose for the net.

NHL Potential 3rd line north-south forward who can chip in offensively
THN:
Quote:
Playing on a line with fellow 2017 draft prospect Nick Suzuki, Gadjovich scored 33 points in his first two OHL years, then exploded for 74 this season.

There might be a temptation to chalk that up to riding on Suzuki's coattails, but that's not the case. "He certainly benefitted from playing with Suzuki," said a scout, "but Gadjovich did all the dirty work on that line. He gets to play with Suzuki because he does things that other guys won't do. He's big enough and strong enough to do it."

To be sure, Gadjovich's play in the corners and in front of the net are his strongest assets. At this stage of his development, he's projected to be a third-liner at the NHL level, with a chance to move up to a top-six forward depending on whether he continues to develop well.

Skating is a concern with talent evaluators, but not a huge one. "He plays a really hard, heavy game," said another scout. "He's not the greatest skater, but he knows his way around the net. He's shown the ability to play with a top talent and not be passive."

Last edited by Jmac; 06-24-2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:10 AM   #359

Michael DiPietro

ISS:
Quote:
Scouting Report | Michael was a member of Canada’s U18 Team and played in the CHL Prospects Game. Certainly, helped his draft status with his outstanding performance during 2017 Mastercard Memorial Cup leading Windsor to victory. An average size goalie, he is very quick and fast. He has very good skills, catches very well. Plays with a lot of intensity and very competitive. Never quits on a shot. Tends to be overactive at times. Plays an aggressive position, good angles but sometimes out too far of his net. Tracks the puck well, needs work on rebounds. Plays with a low crouch at times making him look smaller. Handles the puck aggressively. A six-footer with NHL potential.

ISS Scout Phil Myre | “He's very quick and competitive. Has very good skills Plays angles aggressively. Very good lateral movement, Has the ability to make big time saves. He can handle the puck aggressively but gets himself in trouble occasionally. Has potential, size is a concern in terms of NHL projection”.

ISS Scout Mike Torchia | “Michael plays a very aggressive game which you think may get him in trouble but because of his exceptional footwork he is able to do so. You can see the character and passion he has for the game and he always seems to play with it. Definite difference maker”.

Size/Strength Average
Quickness/Foot Speed Excellent
Rebound Control Average
Recovery Average
Balance/Control Good
Glove Very Good
Blocker Very Good
Lateral Movement Excellent
Focus/Concentration Very Good
Positioning/Poise Average
Stick Use Very Good
Puck Handling Skill Above Average

NHL Potential Starting goaltender with development
THN:
Quote:
Goalies like DiPietro aren't supposed to succeed anymore. The kid, who's not related to former NHLer Rick DiPietro, doesn't have that desirable height, yet he duelled one of the best in all of major junior in the first playoff round and fared well. That his Windsor squad couldn't beat Tyler Parsons and London is no indictment, and DiPietro's intangibles are great. "His love for the game is pretty infectious," said one scout. "He's a good goalie."

And if you're looking for a nickname for the netminder, try 'The Grinch.' That's because DiPietro spoiled three straight Teddy Bear Toss games by shutting out home teams Barrie, North Bay and Sudbury.

Needless to say, he'd also like to spoil the notion that you have to be tall if you want to be an NHL goalie. "He's the best (draft-eligible) in the OHL, hands down," said another scout. "The only knock on him is he's not 6-foot-3, but at the end of the day, he stops pucks, and I've never seen him beat for a goal because of his height. He's athletic and anticipates well. He plays a big game. He challenges shooters and keeps his shoulders erect."
Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #360

Petrus Palmu in the 6th is a decent pick. lots of skill but 5'7". overager and will play in liiga next year
Old 06-24-2017, 09:15 AM   #361

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
He played in Div 2 last year........................
This

Elitserien > Allsvenskan
Old 06-24-2017, 09:24 AM   #362
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts

Either way. It's a riskier pick. We will see in a few years how this pans out. Give them time like horvat and see how it goes!
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #363
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Im a fan of the Gadjovich pick

Kid already looks like he's got the size and looks the part. As we won't be seeing Pettersson in the young stars and preseason, Gadjovich and Lind will be interesting to watch.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #364
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Pettersson is definitely gonna spend time in the gym to work on his strength and conditioning.

Deadlifts and other exercises to build muscle for the kid.

not a bad pick by Dim Jim. -huge offensive offside for Pettersson.

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-24-2017 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #365

only thing worrisome about Gadjovich is that he really only started putting up goals when Suzuki went on his tear.
I don't really like the overage Swedish d at 135. little to no offense.

Rathborne is a good friend of Demko. Hope he convinces him to only do 1 or 2 years at Harvard

Last edited by dbaz; 06-24-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #366

DiPietro looks like a good pick. Seems like lots of European picks. Maybe Gradin's I told you so finally got to Benning.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:12 AM   #367
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I hope Benning proves us all wrong lol
Old 06-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #368
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
DiPietro looks like a good pick. Seems like lots of European picks. Maybe Gradin's I told you so finally got to Benning.

He also said the changes might go as high as Weisbrod.

You can all but guarantee that Gradin and the Euro scouts will be left untouched, same with Judd Brackett and the USHL guys.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #369

if you guys noticed up on stage that ron delorme wasn't there hoping its a sign that he is gone
Old 06-24-2017, 02:11 PM   #370
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
if you guys noticed up on stage that ron delorme wasn't there hoping its a sign that he is gone
About time.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 06-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #371

also like the short fin Petrus Palmu seems like a stud!
Old 06-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #372

^ overage guy though. I worry he's the finnis dane fox.

It's nice we finally have some depth at centre position with Petersson and Lind
Old 06-24-2017, 04:17 PM   #373

i wouldn't compare him to fox. the height really hurts his chances
Old 06-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #374
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I'm playing NHL17 and Petersson isn't even available in franchise mode lol was he not on the radar at the beginning of the season?
Old 06-24-2017, 06:52 PM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I'm playing NHL17 and Petersson isn't even available in franchise mode lol was he not on the radar at the beginning of the season?
His league isn't in NHL 17
Closed Thread