REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

'The Foreigner' feat. Jackie Chan

will check it out.
Advertisement
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #2
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Love Jackie! Good to see Pierce back in action too. Will absolutely go see this.

Berz out.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
this looks fricken wicked
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:52 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
Jackie Chan goes full Liam Neeson in this movie.

-different story from the Taken movies with Neeson though.

Daddy's gotta kick ass!
Old 06-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
makes me wonder why hollywood in the longest time really havent had anything from him over here
Old 06-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
makes me wonder why hollywood in the longest time really havent had anything from him over here
Too busy making real $$$ in China.

It seems like I'm the only person on RS so far who is negative about the trailer / movie. In every scene (except for the initial goodbye daughter part) of the trailer where Jackie Chan's face can be seen, he is wearing the exact same face, with the exact same expression. I think he is trying to act like a devastated father who has just lost his daughter, and maybe devastated fathers really wear that expression. But I look at him, and all I can think of is just how pathetic and unconvincing that expression is. If he is gonna do that throughout the whole movie, I think I'm gonna puke.

Full disclaimer -- I have a very low opinion of Jackie Chan as a person. I think he is pathetic and fake in real life as well.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
no Hollywood, there is no real need for Taken 4

sorry this looks downright terrible

Jackie Chan please retire
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Well, let's be honest here. The only reason why people would want to watch this is because they are Jackie Chan fans. The fact that this movie seems to not have a comedic feel to it is pretty unorthodox for him, more reason fans will want to watch it (and possibly hate it or love it because it's different.)

If you're not a fan of him in the first place, and even hate him on a personal level as a person, then there is really no reason to watch it or think of this movie any better than your typical Liam Neeson movie.

He's a good martial art action star, but he's not a good actor, and I don't think anyone will say he is. Even if his fans say he is, they are lying. Cause we really just like him for being an martial art action star. lol
Since he's getting old now, I can only imagine more camera tricks to make his action look relevant still. But loyal fans be loyal fans.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:34 PM   #9

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
It will probably be a fun action film, I might go see it. Depends on reviews.

Why do lots of people hate him again? He's like big into Chinese government propaganda or something?
Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Why do lots of people hate him again? He's like big into Chinese government propaganda or something?
Aside from being a general idiot with some very loose lips, I think most people who dislike him started when he got Elaine Ng (a HK actress at the time) pregnant, and proceeded straight to proclaim in a press conference that he merely "made a mistake that many men in the world would also have made", and that it was a "spurt of the moment type of fun thing to do". He continued (in the press conference and perhaps also subsequently in life) to deny that he fathered the baby, but suggests that "if the child was his, he would bear the responsibility (as the father)".

Of course, the baby girl was 1000% his kid -- she has a very similar face and look just like Jackie Chan. And it was revealed by the newspaper that Jackie Chan never contributed any alimony or child raising costs even though Elaine Ng has been having quite some difficulty financially.

Those are the confirmed factual stuff, and there is a ton more rumours that really taint Jackie Chan's name, but appear entirely convincing (or at least believable).
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #11

Thanked 14,759 Times in 3,870 Posts
Hollywood acting skills paying off there lol
Old 06-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #12
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,819 Times in 3,901 Posts
I only respect JC for doing all his own stunts
yes he's a puppet for the Chinese gov't
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:26 PM   #13
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
When u see Jackie chan, u know and expect certain amount of expectations of action in the film. Not sure if he does his own stunts anymore (or at least 50% now) but his years of experience of angle; choreography, cinematic sequences are iconic. I don't know one actor who has reached his level.

We all have seen and I won't be surprised if we have watched all 90% of his movies in the last 15-20 years.

As for his personality life, that's his thing. Jesse James, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tiger Woods, Hugh Grant all had affairs but it's not like i give a shit and say, fuck that shit, i ain't going to watch terminator if Arnold was in it.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2017, 10:42 PM   #14

Having affairs is one thing, but getting the woman preggers, and openly coming out to deny the responsibility puts the guy at quite a different level.

And certainly if you know Jackie Chan, this Elaine Ng wasn't his only affair. It's just the one that blew up in his face.

I should also add that I liked and watched most of his stuff as a kid. As a teenager, I started becoming aware of his promiscuity and didn't really care too much since I kind of regarded that as his personal life. It really wasn't until this Elaine Ng affairs blew up when my impressions started turning around. And then more news of him and how he treated his legitimately wedding wife (Joan Lin) and son (Jaycee Fong) started surfacing, and it was all downhill from there.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:00 PM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
I still watch old jackie chan movies, new ones are mostly crap to watch period (unless its free on tv or something like that)

Yes jackie chan's personal life is just full of shit and so is his personality too

He does anti fake ads for the government but was exposed that he was part of a huge pirated dvd scandal lol, the same went with gambling too (but hes jackie chan lol and they sort of cover it up for him)

Funny story, chinese singer and friend wakin chou started a band few years ago (it was named super band cuz they never came up with a name) with a few friends

They never had an album or single and all they did was mostly go on tour singing their old songs and when jackie chan ask to join, wakin chou rejected him

When media ask wakin chou why, he say "jackie wouldnt fit in as he was too childish" on tv and this was during 2012 When he criticized hk lol

Edit: wiki it and found out that jackie chan plays a viet resturant owner name ngoc minh quan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...

Last edited by ae101; 06-27-2017 at 12:10 PM.
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:12 AM   #16
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
yes jackies a dirtbag but who cares about his personal life im not looking to marry the guy

this looks good, better than most the crap he's been coming out with lately
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: