REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 07-09-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Carrozzeria wheels

2005 cbr600rr on carrozzeria wheels.
wheels

I need to replace the cush drive bushings/bolts/nuts. Anywhere local I'd be able to get these or is there a shop that would be able to order them in?

Bushing kit

Thanks
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #2
I STILL don't get it

I would suggest just calling around all the shops to see if one of them have suppliers for that brand.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:26 AM   #3

Great. So the company was bought out twice over the past several years so I was able to purchase the cush drives from the new company who's based out of Florida. I had talked to them through emails and even sent them a few photos and they directed me to the parts I needed. Ordered them and they arrived yesterday. Pull them out of the bag and first thing I notice is that they're 1/4" longer and they no longer make the ones I need.

I've a machine shop at my work so does anyone think it would be safe to give them the cush drives and the sprocket/hub and have them shave it down to the perfect size?

These are googled photos to help explain and show what I'm talking about:

Pop them in and they're 1/4" sticking out

How it should be:

If it's done by a professional ticketed workers who've been doing their job for 20+ years do you think it would be safe? It's just a rubber bushing with a small metal ring inside where the head of the bolt sits.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:20 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
If the metal and poly are supposed to be flush to each other on the ends then I don't see why you couldn't have them carefully cut down to the correct length. If they aren't flush maybe pop the metal out and have them cut separately.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #5

I passed the cush drive and sprocket to the machinist at my work and he lathed them to perfection. Put the back tire on with the help of a friend since I've never done it before and all is great now.

Instead of a new thread I'll carry it on here.
The bike has been sitting for a long time (few years). The back side was on stands but for some reason I took the front stand off a long time ago and had never put it back on. Over time the tires turned hard and the front tire developed a slight flat spot. I gave my friend the keys to let him take it down the street because he was the one who helped me with it all and you can feel it tug while riding. It's not a forceful tug but enough to notice it and constantly correct it.

So it's been a few years since I've been on my bike and I'm a bit on the nervous side especially since I've been in an accident before and having hard tires that pull to the side doesn't help ease my nerves haha. I'm hoping to get it to a shop asap to get new tires but want to be cautious with it. I'm in Burnaby and I see that Imperial Cycles does a pick up and drop off service. Has anyone here used it or know someone who's used it before? Do they trailer it off or ride it themselves? Rough price quote (15 minutes at max from them). I'd call them but they're closed today.

Thanks!!
Old 07-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #6
I STILL don't get it

Carter Motorsports does pick up and drop off services for bike servicing. Dunno what the turn around time is. They do use a truck and trailer to pick up and drop off.
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: