REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Anyone try the Chinese Uber knockoff in Richmond? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/712889-anyone-try-chinese-uber-knockoff-richmond.html)

matrixfwd 07-17-2017 07:04 PM

Anyone try the Chinese Uber knockoff in Richmond?

Concerns mount over Chinese-language ride-hailing app in Richmond

Source

hal0g0dv2 07-17-2017 07:30 PM

tried it once, dude drove into the ocean. Never again

Qmx323 07-17-2017 07:34 PM

If its anything like that food delivery shit they have, it should be fine

obviously they're violating their insurance policies, unless they have a class 4 license.

MrPhreak 07-17-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qmx323 (Post 8852147)

obviously they're violating their insurance policies, unless they have a class 4 license.

hahaha, your mistake is that you are assuming they have insurance and valid drivers licences to start with :rofl:

twitchyzero 07-17-2017 09:04 PM

illegal? who cares unless you own a cab/limo company

it's a joke to call vancouver greenest city if you continue outlawing ride-sharing

threezero 07-17-2017 09:16 PM

Quote:

ordered from those chinese food delivery service a few time. one time the guy show up in a tricked out sti, another time the delivery guy got out of the passenger seat of a maserati (i assume he was getting a ride). There was also one that delivery in a ml55 amg.

They also don't seem to care about tips one time i accidentally short charged the guy he didn't even count the money.

are these all fronts? I feel like the real business is selling a legitimate job for immigration purpose to the parents of these kids.

Maybe It was just coincidence but it was bizarre

Badhobz 07-17-2017 10:06 PM

Very interesting !!! Gonna give it a try

PeanutButter 07-17-2017 10:31 PM

My buddy uses this all the time.

I can't speak Mandarin, nor can I read it, so I can't use the app.

I would if I could, because all he gets picked up in are Benzos and Bimmers.

edit:
Oops, he doesn't use this app. He uses the one built into "WeChat"

Tim Budong 07-17-2017 11:00 PM

https://www.kuaiche.ca/

app is IOS only..
hm

Razor Ramon HG 07-17-2017 11:07 PM

Most are rich kids trying to pick up girls in their nice cars

StylinRed 07-18-2017 12:57 AM

fast car, richmond? uh oh

Ch28 07-18-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Budong (Post 8852173)

app is IOS only..
hm

Don't forget the webapp version from earlier

https://www.kuaiche.ca/app/app.php?unionid=#

Manic! 07-18-2017 02:23 AM

So using the webapp can I order a car without putting in any personal info or CC info? Google translate is not doing a good job.

Mr.HappySilp 07-18-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG (Post 8852175)
Most are rich kids trying to pick up girls in their nice cars

If you are rick you can pick up girls a lot easier just go to any club on a weekend......

Badhobz 07-18-2017 06:33 AM

If dudes had personality it's even easier to pick up girls !!! Shocking I know. You might miss out on those gold digging whores though.

underscore 07-18-2017 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twitchyzero (Post 8852153)
illegal? who cares unless you own a cab/limo company

it's a joke to call vancouver greenest city if you continue outlawing ride-sharing

Uber is like a taxi, unless the driver happens to be going to the same place as you it's not ride sharing and it's arguably less green than driving yourself (since the driver has to come to you as well).

Hondaracer 07-18-2017 08:04 AM

I used Uber 10+ times over the last week in toronto, it's honestly infuriating that we don't have it in Van, I could not beleive how well it worked.

No matter the time, I never once waited more than 5 minutes for a ride regardless of where I was going or how many people were with me

CivicBlues 07-18-2017 09:07 AM

I used Uber frequently for the 1st time in South America.

South Freaking-America. 3rd world countries have this shit and we don't? I was worried about cartels down there but the Taxi cartel in BC could teach them a thing or two. #VancouverFail

Easy, cheap and no language barrier. Some friendly drivers too.

UnknownJinX 07-18-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 8852210)
I used Uber frequently for the 1st time in South America.

South Freaking-America. 3rd world countries have this shit and we don't? I was worried about cartels down there but the Taxi cartel in BC could teach them a thing or two. #VancouverFail

Easy, cheap and no language barrier. Some friendly drivers too.

It's good until the taxi drivers there get mad and smash up Uber drivers' cars. Happens in Mexico, not sure about Latin America.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Budong (Post 8852173)

app is IOS only..
hm

Most of the Chinese people I know use iPhones. I used to have one, but I honestly can't use one without jailbreaking the crap out of one, hence why I use a droid nowadays.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeanutButter (Post 8852168)
Oops, he doesn't use this app. He uses the one built into "WeChat"

I am part of a Victoria Chinese community circle in WeChat, and people post ride-shares there all the time. Most of them are going to/from ferry terminals/airports. They are just trying to split the expensive drive-on fee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 8852155)
ordered from those chinese food delivery service a few time. one time the guy show up in a tricked out sti, another time the delivery guy got out of the passenger seat of a maserati (i assume he was getting a ride). There was also one that delivery in a ml55 amg.

They also don't seem to care about tips one time i accidentally short charged the guy he didn't even count the money.

are these all fronts? I feel like the real business is selling a legitimate job for immigration purpose to the parents of these kids.

Maybe It was just coincidence but it was bizarre

Beats the alternative. I once saw a car with mismatched panels and looks like it's gonna fall apart any second delivering food.

You had a good guess there, though. I once went to a Chinese restaurant(who advertised on the Chinese community I mentioned above). Blandest food I ever tried. When I walked out, I saw a dude coming back from delivery in his new Mustang/Bimmer(can't remember). With food like that, I think they could be a front.

Quote:

Does anyone living in cities with Uber and use it actually change their insurance policy? If you are just ride-sharing, it's unlikely you are making any money off of it(especially with a Bimmer/MB), so it's not really a commercial service. Correct me if I am wrong, of course.

Razor Ramon HG 07-18-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8852191)
If you are rick you can pick up girls a lot easier just go to any club on a weekend......

Just going off what my friends’ experiences were.

There’s also Kabu and another that operates the same deal.

Sid Vicious 07-18-2017 11:28 AM

i fucking hate taxi drivers. anything that takes away from their business is A-OK from me

blkgsr 07-18-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8852204)
I used Uber 10+ times over the last week in toronto, it's honestly infuriating that we don't have it in Van, I could not beleive how well it worked.

No matter the time, I never once waited more than 5 minutes for a ride regardless of where I was going or how many people were with me

first time i ever used it was in India...INDIA, and we don't have it in Vancouver.

it was cheaper than the rickshaws too lol. air con, seat belts and quiet....oh it was a nice change.

Gerbs 07-18-2017 11:46 AM

So that sushi green sticker on a lot of cars in Richmond, is the food delivery sign?

CivicBlues 07-18-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8852215)
It's good until the taxi drivers there get mad and smash up Uber drivers' cars. Happens in Mexico, not sure about Latin America.

I got an uber ride in Buenos Aires to their main ferry port, the driver wanted to switch off and end their ride early in case the taxi cartel got wind of it.

This stuff still even happens in Toronto. Fucking wannabe mafia

CharlesInCharge 07-18-2017 02:33 PM

CivicBlues did you know that a cab license is worth as much as a house and that those licenses are limited by the government, thus limiting cabs?
Also why would government allow Uber to operate when its illegal to do so in the laws?