REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY

USED Automotive Vehicles For Sale ONLY Zero Tolerance for violation of rules.
Used Cars, Sedans, Wagons, SUVs, Sport Bikes for Sale...

Old 07-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #1
Old School RS

Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,202 Posts
FS: BMW 128i (Autocross / Track Prep)

Well, it's that time. Now that I have spent 2 years of time and money on the car and it's working well and sorted out nicely, it's time to sell it. Those of you who know me, know I suffer from a rare and debilitating disease known as automotive A.D.D. and at this point have managed to set my sights on a V8. I am intending on heading back to Knox and can't bring myself to cut up this car.

This car has been competitively prepared for the well-subscribed STX class but it also serves as a nice daily driver - it has A/C, a great stereo, heated seats, and a stock exhaust. I was thinking about trailering it to Packwood but ended up driving it and really was glad I did so - it's really a great car to drive.

The car itself is a 2011 BMW 128i, it's a rare 6spd manual sunroof-delete model with no options except Xenon headlights and premium sound. I bought the car in 2015 with 90k and it now has 105k on it with the majority of that in 2015-2016 when I was still driving it to work a bit.

The car is an extremely competitive STX autocross car - have entered 9 events this year, and it's been the fastest STX car out for 7/9 of them including Canadian Nationals where the car took 1st and 2nd. I went to Packwood and drove like a complete monkey overall but on day 2 managed the 4th fastest time on day 2 out of 20 entrants.

Complete Build List:

Wheels/Tires
Race Wheels: Forgestar F14 Custom 17x9 +35F +50R
Tires: Bridgestone RE71R 255-40-17

Suspension
Dampers: Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers
Camber plates: Ground Control
Front Springs: Swift 7.0kg (392lb-in) / 7" length / 65mm ID
Rear Springs: Swift 12.0kg (672lb-in) / 9" length / 65mm ID
Front Swaybar: Hotchkis 22834F
Rear Swaybar: Hotchkis 22834R
Strut Tower Bar: OEM 1M
Front Tension Arms: OEM 1M
Front Camber Arms: Stock arms, custom delrin offset bushings

Driveline
Header: Active Autowerke N52 Performance Header
Rear Differential: Diffsonline 3.23 3-Clutch Ramped LSD
Transmission Mounts: OEM E46 M3
Subframe Bushings: OEM E9X M3
ECU: Active Autowerke tune & custom e-diff recode

Brakes
Front rotors: OEM 128i
Front pads: Ferodo DS2500
Rear rotors: OEM 128i
Rear pads: Ferodo DS2500

Check out my complete build thread here

I have a detailed spreadsheet with every item of work done, who did it, mileage, and details (alignment, etc) available to serious buyers. The car has been meticulously maintained - since I bought it, I have spent over $2800 in maintenance alone - 3 oil changes, 3 diff fluid changes, 2 brake fluid flushes, power steering flush, new tie rods, new bushings, new brakes - pads and OEM rotors on both front & rear, etc. Every part on the car except for one set of wheels was brand new. I have receipts for $20k in upgrades, maintenance, labour, and wheels/tires plus the cost of the car which was another $20k.

I'm asking $20k (was $25k) for the car. Anybody interested?

Mark
Advertisement

Last edited by lowside67; 02-14-2018 at 12:51 PM.
lowside67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
Old School RS

Bump - added a link to my build thread.

-Mark

Last edited by lowside67; 09-19-2017 at 11:58 AM.
lowside67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:16 AM   #3
Old School RS

Bump to the top. Willing to see what stock parts can be added back to reduce the price if needed.

-Mark
Old 09-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
Old School RS

Bump for price reduced by $5k. I have arranged a ride for next year so thought I'd do one sharp price drop, otherwise I'll buy some street wheels/tires and just drive it on nice days next year.

-Mark