REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 07-31-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

How long did it take you to get over the love of your entire life?

Long story short, 3 serious GF's, first wasn't shit really. Second was 7 years started off best fronds turned lovers with a wonderful baby, broke up like 10 months ago. Reacquainted with an old sort of friend. Fell head over heels in love. Insane attraction and fell more in love with her more than any person in my whole life x20. It's been like 3 days now. And I'm so torn apart over it. It's hard to even function . Getting better though. I'm guessing it's not easy for some.

E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,754 Times in 3,869 Posts
^^ ruthless fail lby lowside67 lol
Old 08-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
うに

Thanked 1,008 Times in 402 Posts
Let me get this straight.
Girl #1 - nothing special
Girl #2 - 7 Year together -even had a baby together
Girl #3 - Old friend but have only been together for 72 hours!?!?!?! and you're head over heels for her.....

PK-EK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2017, 08:22 AM   #4
God of Unce

inb4 ZN6 rekts you.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,754 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK-EK View Post
Let me get this straight.
Girl #1 - nothing special
Girl #2 - 7 Year together -even had a baby together
Girl #3 - Old friend but have only been together for 72 hours!?!?!?! and you're head over heels for her.....

No he means they have been broken up now for 3 days, not together for 3 days
Old 08-01-2017, 07:10 PM   #6
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
No he means they have been broken up now for 3 days, not together for 3 days
so he broke up with girl #2 for 3 days?

What?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:45 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

why not take them all?
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 AM   #8
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

No this girl was 6 months together. She was just amazing though.
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:28 PM   #9
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
inb4 ZN6 rekts you.
i dont think ZN6 is coming back anymore
[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si (RIP)
2010 Evolution X (RIP)
2000 GMC Yukon XL SLT (RIP)
2003 GMC Yukon XL Denali (Overland build

2019 Kawasaki Ex 400(Summer Daily)
EvoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
IMO love of life is quite literal.

You never ever forget or get over it. It increases daily even without him/her next to you or as a couple. You'd wish her to have the absolute best of everything and all the happiness in the world. So much so that being with her or not becomes irrelevant.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

The best way to get over that special someone is to find a better special someone. Not always easy but it is for sure doable. It's like a kid. You take a toy away and give him no other toys and they just sit there with nothing to do, they're going to cry all day and miss that toy so much. Give them a new toy or something else to do and they'll start playing with it and forget about the old toy, especially if the new toy is way better.

The times where my heart was broken, sitting around make it worse. Just moping around feeling sad and shit is normal and it's healthy to spend some time in the feeling like shit phase but a person needs to push past it after a few weeks or a month. After that, it's about putting in the effort to PUSH out of it. You won't slide out of it. You have to push your ass the hell back into a positive state.

I would do this and get into a new relationship and I would still miss them or have feelings. If that persisted it was probably because the person I was with wasn't the right fit for me.

I had an ex that I couldn't get over for a long time. I ended up getting married and then divorced and this ex still was on my mind! She occupied this "holy grail" status. I was too young and dumb to know what I know now.

All I did was get serious about what I wanted in a relationship and didn't settle for someone that was just pretty good. Now I'm with someone that is better for me, someone that hits all the right buttons that makes me now forget the ex. I think about it now and it's interesting. All I had to do to get over my ex was to find someone better. How do you find someone better? Be better yourself. Work out, improve your career, grow as a human being, whatever that looks like.

I have friends that are still hung up over an ex from 10 years ago. Getting over a love of the life is like anything in life that is significant, it takes work. How long it takes will depend on the effort and knowing what it takes to replace someone. Knowing what I know now, the best advice is accept it.

It sucks. Now make yourself the best version of yourself so you can find the best version of who you should be with. The sooner you do that, the sooner you'll feel better about yourself and find a better partner.
Marco.911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #12
McLyin'

Thanked 1,677 Times in 169 Posts
The things is how do your really know it was the love of your entire life? you havent lived your whole life yet. Theres been a time in my life where I thought my ex was the love of my life but guess what we aren't together right now. I am now married there are times during my marriage when I wonder if I made the right choice in getting married at 26 but I am happily married =)

My advice is for you is your just hurting because of the infatuation you had trust me it takes time for you to get over it. Im not saying your being dramatic or anything but I have been in your exact situation and trust me I was a huge emotional wreck. How I got over the my first love was focus on something thing else, for me I started to work out and channeled my emotions to motivation.

My question for you is how do you truly know its true love instead of lust or just the idea of being in love? I was obsessed with the idea of being in love and kept looking in the wrong places. I realized that after a few years of being single and having the idea of love stuck in my head I never knew what love really was (the meaning of love is different for everyone). I ended up focusing on bettering my self and working out and then BOOM in comes my wife.

At this point focus on you brother love comes when you least expect it.
dr.funk is offline   Reply With Quote