REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Looking for auto air conditioning, cooling fan repair shop

Hi guys, I am desperately looking for a shop specializing in air conditioning and the cooling fan around richmond, surrey, white rock, or langley area.

Symptoms:

cooling fan for engine comes on every 2 seconds, spins and turns off, repeat. This is with the AC on. The AC does not work as well, it cools only if the engine fans run longer than 2 seconds, Once I hear the fans stop spinning, it starts to blow warm air, and in this fucken weather I am dying!.

I also hear a slight whining noise when I shift between 1st-3rd gear.

Could this be a compressor going bad? I had alternator replaced two months ago, and about a few days ago I added the remainder of r134a which I don't think could affect it in anyway? The symptoms started a day or two after I added the remaining r134a. The gauge shows it is filled correctly ( not over filled or underfilled)

This is for 2010 accord coupe v6 6speed
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2017, 05:07 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
I doubt if any shop specializes specifically in cooling fans and ac. Any competent shop could handle your issue, perhaps consider an rs sponsor.
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,122 Times in 178 Posts
I know they aren't in your desired area, but I've recently had a very good experience with Urban AC Autoworks in Burnaby.
immorality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
in the past i've had good results with a shop called cool-it in burnaby. they specialize in automotive AC and engine cooling related issues:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cool-...hrome&ie=UTF-8
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

How did you add this r134a and what is this gauge you're using. what makes you so sure you're not undercharged.