REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:24 AM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
can I get a speeding ticket in the mail if I wasn't pulled over?

Advertisement

Last edited by is350; 11-02-2022 at 08:19 PM.
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I don't think I'd lose any sleep over it if they wanted to pull you over they would have.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,999 Times in 1,905 Posts
NDP government has so far rejected idea of reviving photo radar, despite report encouraging revival
(David Eby, New NDP Attorney General)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...says-1.4222131

One expert says reviving photo radar in B.C. is a perfectly acceptable — if unpopular — way to deal with ICBC's financial crisis.

An Ernst and Young report released to the public this week suggests auto insurance rates in B.C. could go up by 30 per cent over the next two years if major changes aren't made to the public insurer.

The report says one way to deal with ICBC's internal financial problems is to bring back photo radar — something Attorney General David Eby, who is the minister responsible for ICBC, has rejected.

"We're not considering photo radar," he said.

"It is wildly unpopular among British Columbians. They hate it. We've heard that loud and clear."

Last edited by whitev70r; 08-10-2017 at 12:44 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2017, 12:04 PM   #4

Photo Radar was easy to avoid, even if you received a ticket you just had to dodge getting served for a year or two and you'd be golden. If you weren't served in a reasonable amount of time it was an easy fight and win.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 08-10-2017, 01:27 PM   #5
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,186 Times in 239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Photo Radar was easy to avoid, even if you received a ticket you just had to dodge getting served for a year or two and you'd be golden. If you weren't served in a reasonable amount of time it was an easy fight and win.
what do you mean by dodge getting served? Like ignoring the ticket in the mail?
is350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by is350 View Post
what do you mean by dodge getting served? Like ignoring the ticket in the mail?
Well back in the day until you were physically served the ticket it did not count against you. They would mail you a copy hoping you just pay it, if you didn't then they'd send someone out to serve you. If you happened to never be home when they came it was tough for them to hand it to you.

One time I had them call me at home and say they have a package for me but they needed a signature. I laughed and said sorry I'm on my way out maybe next time, they said I'll be right there. I left and was told later by my wife that they were super choked I wasn't there and told her next time they'll send the cops to serve it. They never came back and I never did have to pay that ticket.

I'm assuming it hasn't changed.

This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #7
RS Lurker, I don't post!

No need to worry

In BC, you cannot be mailed a traffic ticket as personal service is required. The exception is running a red light where a red light camera is installed.
AllCleared is offline   Reply With Quote