REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Local Mercedes customer service

Was wondering if anyone knew the appropriate place/contact to let them know about their horrible customer service in Vancouver.
Currently with a 1 year old lease and each experience at their dealership has been worse than the previous to the point where I've gone to two and don't ever want to go back.

When I got the new car..their sensors were faulty since day 1 (inspection probably not done properly). It took them 3 months along with a lengthy complaint to finally get my car and start driving it. This included about 5 trips to the dealership, multiple courtesy cars or them telling me they did not having one for me..thus needing to return. A break in to my car on their lot for which they told me Id have to pay the deductible and take it to a body shop (this is a new car). I went to the dealer to take it to the body shop but could not even drive it due to glass being in the seat belt buckle, seat adjustment track and window track..each requiring a wait for them to clean each specific area (It's like they didn't even clean the car at all). After an email to the manager they finally resolved it and delivered my car without having me jump through anymore hoops. Car purchased July 26 didn't drive it until October 26.
Fast forward to this year and the sensors are again malfunctioning. Made an appointment 2 weeks out to get this fixed a long with the yearly service at a different Mercedes dealership. As I dropped the car off they again told me they has no courtesy cars and sent me away in a taxi to work (they had a voucher but it didn't cover the cost). They call me a few hours later to tell me that they have a courtesy car...so I go back and pickup the courtesy car on the same day. Called me next day to tell me to pickup the car. Every time I go into Mercedes it seems like I will lose a huge chunk of time.

Any advice on who to express my disgust in this company's customer service? Does Mercedes Canada have a comments or forum location? I had a Vw before and not only did they offer shuttle service but courtesy cars as well (like had one there ready). Service jobs never took more than a working day (as in drop off in morning pickup car after work) The sensor was a software fix along with an oil change. This job according to my research shouldn't take more than a few hours to complete.

At this point I dread going to the next service. The car is shit and the service is even worse. Paying them monthly for this level of treatment feels like a joke.
Advertisement
City-bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:42 PM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Contact Us
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #3
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Usually if you bring your car in for service there will be a follow up phone call from Mercedes Benz Canada looking for your feedback

Also, personal experience from local stores are also pretty shitty, they treat you with a "I'm better than you" attitude.

Guess that's what you get for having corporate owned dealers.

Richmond Mercedes, horrible.
Boundary Mercedes, horrible.
Richmond Service, horrible.
North Vancouver bodyshop, horrible.

If I were you the only dealer that I'd consider going to is the one on Terminal, they at least show some pride in what they do.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Which Mercedes do you have and which locations have you been to? All MBs except for Surrey and Langley are corporate owned so from what I've seen, they take all formal complaints to head quarters very seriously.

Additionally, courtesy cars are given through a third party on a reservation basis. I'm not sure if you've made reservations prior (they take like 2 weeks to book) or just dropped in. I can help with your courtesy car situation depending on where you go .

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #5

My service was booked 2 weeks prior...whixh is why I'm surorised. I'd understand if it was walk in or last minute. The one I went to first and where i got my car was terminal. Boundary is where I did my recent service.
I will never return to either of those. Which one should I try next?
I filled out a thing on their website and I haven't gotten a response.

Personally...it isn't even about one experience. I don't need help with one situation or dealer. There's gotta be someone in charge of Mercedes canada that I can express my dismay at their
1. Faulty car
2. Repeatedly shitty customer service.
Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #6

I guess my question is how do I get in contact with headquarters?
Old 08-17-2017, 07:46 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm currently at North Van MB but can definitely review your file and see what outstanding concerns you have that we can assist you with. PM me your info. Thank you.
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

Another personal experience:

I went to the Boundary location for servicing. Called and asked what times they had and specified I needed a courtesy car. Got a date within a week and they gave me a new B series car. They said the service would take 3 hours and I ran some errands for 4 hours just in case and they were still not done yet by then and didn't tell me so until I arrived back. Was another 1.5 hours before I got my car back.
etodac is offline   Reply With Quote