REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Employment Resources

Employment Resources THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene-opolis
Share job postings, network, workplace humour or politics..

Old 08-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #1
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Popular Online Job Posting Websites 2017?

The family business (in CoV) is looking to hire for an entry level, reception / admin staff type of position. What are some of the still popular online job posting websites for this kind of work?

Looking through the following list (from 2007), I am not sure how relevant the recommendations still are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputskee View Post
Job Listings
Monster.ca - This website is one of many popular and benifitial websites for job listing offers for people to companies.

Workopolis.com - Canada's biggest job site for people who are looking for employment. It is a way of looking for jobs that are on demand in Canada.

Working.com - Another online employment listing website. The website also focuses on students in need for a job in the summer.

JobPostings.ca - Not as popular as the other job posting websites, but this website targets fellow students who would like to work.

Campus Workopolis - A job posting website specifically for students, great, time to get that campus job!

Job Bank of Canada - Government employment, a great way to secure yourself in a government job.

Working - Canada - Employment listing in Canada.

Craigslist.org - A ton of jobs listed in this website, but it's not regulated under company, please use it at your own risk.

As you can see, there are a ton of employing websites looking for people like you.
I know Indeed.com seems to be a popular option now, so we will go ahead with that. These days, Craigslist seem more like a crap shot than anything else, so I'm not sure if we want to post there.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

As you said Indeed. For hiring someone if you want the right candidate you must put how much you are willing to pay. You can read 100 job ads that say compensation depends on experience, but if actually put how much the job pays you will get maybe more or maybe less people applying
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-23-2017, 08:28 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
glassdoor is my one time favorite
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
If you use social media such as Facebook, I would also consider starting from there. E.g. Post that an Admin position is available etc. Your friends would see the Facebook post and possibly refer anyone they know. As their own reputation is at stake, they likely won't refer anyone that they don't deem is a good candidate.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Bcit e jobs can grab some recent graduates' attentions.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote