REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #26
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Samsung and their shit service. I contacted them and they said all orders will have shipping notice sent to customers for them to track their packages lol.

Guess you can claim you never got your phone LOL
Lol but once you activate your Samsung account on the phone it automatically emails you a notification that you activated your note 8. Don't want to me too greedy now lol
Advertisement
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:46 AM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash13 View Post
Lol but once you activate your Samsung account on the phone it automatically emails you a notification that you activated your note 8. Don't want to me too greedy now lol
Samsung sent me an email early morning my item is on its way, but doesn't even include a tracking number of shipment. So I don't even know how anyone is supposed to know where the item is....
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:13 AM   #28

Just found the email! They sent it the same day. Expect to have it delivered later today.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #29

Quote:
Just found the email! They sent it the same day. Expect to have it delivered later today.

This is how my package came (with no receipt/documentation of purchase). Luckily phone appears to be okay.

Not sure if this is how Samsung sends out their products to customers....Would you guys file a complaint?

Old 09-15-2017, 10:12 AM   #30

Wow that's pretty bad. Mine came through Purolator and the box came in perfect condition with the receipt inside. Seems more like the shipping company than Samsung itself. If the phone seems to be fine consider yourself lucky? If anything I'd complain to the shipping company instead.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #31

Quote:
Wow that's pretty bad. Mine came through Purolator and the box came in perfect condition with the receipt inside. Seems more like the shipping company than Samsung itself. If the phone seems to be fine consider yourself lucky? If anything I'd complain to the shipping company instead.
I talked to Purolator and they said they don't know why it was opened/damaged. The item came from Richmond to Burnaby, I don't understand why....

They said if the product is damaged, I can file a claim. Nothing I can really claim since there's no $ value I suffered. Just pisses me off how I spent this much on a item and it arrived like no body gave a damn about it.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #32
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

My blue note 8 got delayed and didn't ship to the store, so I might have to wait another few days for it, but they told me that they got a black they can give me. Haven't seen them in person, but for those who have their phones already, or checked them out in store, would you guys think I should just take the black over blue?
Cwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #33
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwift View Post
My blue note 8 got delayed and didn't ship to the store, so I might have to wait another few days for it, but they told me that they got a black they can give me. Haven't seen them in person, but for those who have their phones already, or checked them out in store, would you guys think I should just take the black over blue?
Blue looks like shit. It's way too bright. It's not like the S6/Note 5 black/blue color.

Take the black.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:56 PM   #34
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I pre-ordered on the 23rd after Press Conference.

It arrived yesterday Sept 14th at 1030am at my office in Richmond. And then at 230pm my first email I received on the Note was from Samsung telling me my phone is on the way
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:32 PM   #35

I'd take the black as well. Didn't like the blue at all and you'll get bored of the colour fast. You can also keep a coloured case on later.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #36

My box says the phone is made in china lol. My S7 Edge box says it's made in vietnam.

Just wondering if everyone' box says some thing...
Old 09-16-2017, 06:27 AM   #37
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwift View Post
Apparently Samsung USA is giving a discount up to $425 for customers who bought a note 7 last year, when trading in a device. Might be worth looking into if you had a note 7 last year.
Edit: Canada is doing a similar thing, but hasn't been officially announced what kind of discount it is.
can anyone elaborate or confirm this discount? i bought the note 7 last year and ended up with the s7 edge because of the whole fiasco.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:09 AM   #38
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
can anyone elaborate or confirm this discount? i bought the note 7 last year and ended up with the s7 edge because of the whole fiasco.
No news as of yet. On Samsung Canada's facebook page, when it was first released, the page owner would say they would release an incentive for previous note 7 owners getting a discount, but now all the customers are asking where that is and they've been completely dodging those questions. As of now, it's either no discount at all, or they're going to wait until after the free wireless charger and SD card promotion to run over before they implement the note 7 incentive promotion.
Cwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:45 AM   #39

Friend was waiting for news for note 8 discount too since he has the note 7, but he pre ordered instead for the free stuff.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:31 PM   #40

Piss me off. I played with the phone and set up the settings and even did the smart switch transfer.

Then I put in my sim card and micro sd and the phone hard reset and erased everything. Didn't know it does that...I've used many Samsung phones before and never had such a thing happen.

If I'm traveling and pop in a different sim card abroad, would my phone just hard reset itself??......
Old 09-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Quote:
Piss me off. I played with the phone and set up the settings and even did the smart switch transfer.

Then I put in my sim card and micro sd and the phone hard reset and erased everything. Didn't know it does that...I've used many Samsung phones before and never had such a thing happen.

If I'm traveling and pop in a different sim card abroad, would my phone just hard reset itself??......
I believe it does. The newer Samsungs do this now. I think the S7's do this as well.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:47 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikoyan View Post
I believe it does. The newer Samsungs do this now. I think the S7's do this as well.
I hope this only applies for the first time a sim card is put into the phone? I travel, so I would hate to lose my data when I put in a sim from another country.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:01 AM   #43
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
its only when you first set up the phone.
so next time set up the phone with the sim inside already.

i just popped my roam mobility sim in to see if it'll reset- it did not.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:21 AM   #44
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Happens for every Samsung phone since the S7. It factory resets the phone to the SIM card’s provider and installs any carrier-specific applications and settings.

So technically, your phone is unlocked when you first open it!

And as for the pre-order, it has been extended until tomorrow (17th). They don’t seem to be requiring a pre-order receipt, so you can technically register on the Samsung Promotions website, buy a Note outright somewhere, login to the phone to claim the pre-order goodies and return the phone after the bonuses are confirmed.

I’ve been doing that for every Samsung product launch for the past two years. Our customers get a nice discount on a newly launched and basically untouched phone, and I get to keep the goodies.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:50 AM   #45

I use Fido as my carrier but I don't like the bloatware that is pre installed by them. I switched over and factory reset to Public Mobile and there is zero bloatware with it. Reason why I did not like Fido's bloatware because I was not able to uninstall Fido's Spotify. I wanted to custom APK my own and it won't let me.

If you want to reset it before you get too into your customization dial *#243203855#

Choose “CHR”, “Canada (unknown)”

Here is the list of the other CSC incase you are curious
How to Change CSC on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ | DroidViews
Old 09-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #46

Anyone having issues with whatsapp notifications led?

I usually have my whatsapp on "silent" sound but with blinking led notification just because I don't want to hear the phone "ding" every message (e.g group chats). Did a search online and it said that with Nougat, if you have the tone on silent, the blinking led doesn't come on, only when set to sound notification.

Find that somewhat annoying now because I have to either silent my phone with sound notification to get the blinking led or live without the blinking led.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #47
Got MOD?

Quote:

I usually have my whatsapp on "silent" sound but with blinking led notification just because I don't want to hear the phone "ding" every message (e.g group chats). Did a search online and it said that with Nougat, if you have the tone on silent, the blinking led doesn't come on, only when set to sound notification.

Find that somewhat annoying now because I have to either silent my phone with sound notification to get the blinking led or live without the blinking led.
This happens with the latest Samsung roms. It's the same on my Note 5, S7 Edge, and S8+.

A work around is to download a 1sec silent mp3 file. Can find it through Google search. Assign your notification sound to that and you're good to go. You will get a slight pause in audio if you're playing music and a notification comes through but I can live with it.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #48
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:

would it be more useful to just mute the individual group chats?
jackmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:04 PM   #49

As I continue to use the phone, I find little things irritate me compared to my old phone (S7 Edge).

I know instagram is a data hogging app due to images loading, but today I literally opened the app, scrolled down once and tap on one image. It used 4mb of my data.....On my S7 edge, it wouldn't use up that much data with such a simple gesture. It uses 5x more data than FB when I checked my phone data usage on the Note 8.

I've already set it to use less data. Feels like I should only use instagram on wifi lol.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #50
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
As I continue to use the phone, I find little things irritate me compared to my old phone (S7 Edge).

I know instagram is a data hogging app due to images loading, but today I literally opened the app, scrolled down once and tap on one image. It used 4mb of my data.....On my S7 edge, it wouldn't use up that much data with such a simple gesture. It uses 5x more data than FB when I checked my phone data usage on the Note 8.

I've already set it to use less data. Feels like I should only use instagram on wifi lol.
Perhaps on your old phone, some of the images were already cached (downloaded previously), whereas on your new phone it will download the entire library for the first time?

My Feedback

Blah™
Hakkaboy is offline   Reply With Quote