REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 08-27-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Bluetooth earbuds

Anyone able to recommend me a set of Bluetooth ear buds with good bass and loud volume?
Price point around $100 or less.

Picked up a pair of anker slim earbids and they don't go as loud as id like. I mean... even on max volume they still seem a bit quiet
Advertisement
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
got me one of these. Can't complain.
https://www.amazon.ca/Headphones-Par...eywords=parsom
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
I have a Jaybird 1 and my wife has Jaybird 2, both are have great bass and review comments. It is bit large in size for some people, but I find it perfect.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:23 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I got the Jaybird Freedom's just recently. Loving how you can customize the equalizer to your own liking. The bass is beast but it needs to be a tad bit louder for max volume.
dapperfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
i got these ones a while back. Works fine for me
Wireless Headphone, Keepfit Sports Bluetooth V4.2 Earphones Stereo Surround Sound Headset Invisible Earbuds With Microphone for iPhone, Samsung, Android, IOS
Old 08-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #6

How's the sound quality and connection on those? Little weary of this style as its still kinda new.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #7

you should worry whether your ears can hold these earbuds first.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:21 AM   #8

Thinking about picking up the Jaybird x3 and giving it a try. Most reviews seem positive.
Any others that may be similar that's worth trying?
Old 08-30-2017, 06:50 AM   #9
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Got these for christmas last year, I use them close to 4 times a week. Get about 6hrs before needing to be charged again, good base and goes loud (I've never maxed it out cuz it's plenty loud at 75%).

BackBeat FIT | Plantronics
Old 08-30-2017, 11:41 AM   #10
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
How's the sound quality and connection on those? Little weary of this style as its still kinda new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
you should worry whether your ears can hold these earbuds first.
Sound quality is decent for $30. These buds stay in my ears fine and I only used them for gym because normal headphone wires become a slight inconvenience. I find that once the battery starts to get low, the. It cuts out for a second and reconnects right away
Old 08-30-2017, 04:16 PM   #11
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
Thinking about picking up the Jaybird x3 and giving it a try. Most reviews seem positive.
Any others that may be similar that's worth trying?
quite pleased with my x3
MikeyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 05:36 PM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Love the X3. Great battery life, the app EQ is plentiful. Can be had for $100 on sale.

However, the buds aren't exactly sweat proof. Had to warranty the thing after 2 months of continuous sweat on it. But I think the same can be said for others.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:13 PM   #13

Picked up the x3 today. Very happy with them so far. Love the eq on the app.

Question about using the wing tips- do u use a slightly larger tip so that it sort of pushes out against the inner ear to hold them in place?
Old 08-30-2017, 07:32 PM   #14

larger wings will generally hold well in your ears, some people feel pain after awhile.
I have big ears, so only the largest size fit me. For me, largest wings and buds
Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM   #15
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Sony In-Ear Wireless Headphones with Mic (MDRXB70BT/B) - Black : Earbuds & In-Ear Headphones - Best Buy Canada
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 02:02 AM   #16
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
ive tried every major bluetooth earbud on the market.

sub 100, forget it. i mean unless u really care about this shit, they're all 150-250.

I'll tell u the truth though. if you just need it for working out or fucking around, u don't super care about sound quality like an audiophile, or dont need a nice mobile app.... those 30 dollar amazon bluetooth ones are the best bang for your buck.

their bass is good, they are cheap, and they'll last at least a year (ive had 3, only 1 broke so far). (refer to the first reply of this thread, that's an example of a 30 dollar one). other ones are MPOW magnetos.

im serious. they're fucking cheap, u won't care if they break.

otherwise you'd have to jump up to jaybird x3 or apple beatsX level. everything else in between isn't worth it cuz the price to quality ratio. get the worst or the best.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2017, 05:40 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

sub 100, forget it. i mean unless u really care about this shit, they're all 150-250.

I'll tell u the truth though. if you just need it for working out or fucking around, u don't super care about sound quality like an audiophile, or dont need a nice mobile app.... those 30 dollar amazon bluetooth ones are the best bang for your buck.

their bass is good, they are cheap, and they'll last at least a year (ive had 3, only 1 broke so far). (refer to the first reply of this thread, that's an example of a 30 dollar one). other ones are MPOW magnetos.

otherwise you'd have to jump up to jaybird x3 or apple beatsX level. everything else in between isn't worth it cuz the price to quality ratio. get the worst or the best.

Very true.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:46 AM   #18
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post

Jaybird x3 sure but apple beatsX...... not sure about that. I find better bluetooth headphones that's cheaper but quality is better.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #19
I keep RS good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Jaybird x3 sure but apple beatsX...... not sure about that. I find better bluetooth headphones that's cheaper but quality is better.
yeah but u got the warranty, ease of customer support, and w1 chip (if you're an apple user, it switches from your phone to computer or whatever devices without having to re-pair).
Old 09-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #20
Got MOD?

These are the best after trying quite a few different ones. They fit perfectly, have tons of bass and long battery life. They also don't stick out like sore thumb like the jaybirds.

Jlab Epic 2

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/stor...s/8rt011kmg1b3
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:52 PM   #21
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
After owning Airpods and Beats Solo 3, I probably won't ever go back to wired headphones.

Sucks because I have the Apple In-Ears and the sound quality is great, but the convenience of the Airpods is just way higher.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 11:54 PM   #22
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
I just purchased a pair of BeatsX.

So far pleasantly surprised, sound was not what I was expecting at all.

It's actually surprisingly flat, with a bass bump around 50-70Hz, mids are actually not all that recessed, much more forward than some v-shaped IEMs. Treble can be a little sibilant at times, especially female vocals (as with most other new Beats stuff) but nowhere near as bad as Sony's old stuff. Definitely coloured, but nothing like the old Beats stuff everyone is so used to shitting on.

Overall, pretty great. W1 chip works excellent with my iPhone 7. I've had zero stutters thus far and I've been listening to them for at least 5 hours over the past few days.

Would've gone for the AirPods if they were in-ear. I only use headphones on transit and it's unfortunate the AirPods are not in-ear and does nothing for noise isolation, especially the loud ass bus engines and turbo spool The AirPods would be super useful in the gym but I can't justify spending that kind of money just for something I would use only in the gym.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:52 PM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
been using the monster roc sport ronaldo versions.

very good imo compared to beats and even compared to my jaybird x2 (havent tried the x3 yet)

mind you I also have big ears but find that jaybird and roc tend to slip out when working out and using the largest wingtip. I changed the one side to a size down and viola no problems. yea i know weird.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:51 AM   #24
I keep RS good

update...

https://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-head...VG6RWGNH1WFKX8

i've been trying these out. they're the best bluetooth earbud in this price range i've tried to date. quality wise, sound wise. also of course warranty and customer service wise as well.

they are the champion of 30 dollar blue tooth earbuds.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #25
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
^ Too lazy to do research. I just grabbed those.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote