REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-05-2017, 06:41 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

best free music app on android?

Are there any music apps that are truly free? If so, what are they, and whats your favorite?
Im liking Spotify, but the limitations to the free version is driving me nuts.
Advertisement
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:30 PM   #2
Not a mod

Subscribed
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Spotify is ok.
You can try youtbue they do have music that's why my co workers tot hem.

There are some Chinese free music app (mostly chinese music and korean) but they only allow steaming and sometimes songs don't load well.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Spotify.
It's $9.99/a month and everything is available offline/hassle free.

Or if you live with ppl, just sign up for spotify family and split the costs of $15 a month

But honestly, it's so cheap...I probably spend more money on random cups of coffee in a week.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #5
I STILL don't get it

I pay 9.99 for Google Play Music per month and would easily pay double just for the convenience .
Old 09-07-2017, 03:43 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstyles View Post
I pay 9.99 for Google Play Music per month and would easily pay double just for the convenience .
I've been using Google Play Music for almost two years but have had recurring issues with the app stopping streaming and being unable to play anything. I suspect this is happening when switching between mobile data and WiFi but it happens outside of those circumstances too. Only way to resolve is force stopping the app through system settings and restarting....

Several updates later and on multiple devices, I am looking to switch to Spotify.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:17 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBishop View Post
I've been using Google Play Music for almost two years but have had recurring issues with the app stopping streaming and being unable to play anything..
Ok. I thought it was just me having that problem. I enjoy GPM. However, if I had to pay, my money would go to Spotify.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:32 AM   #8
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBishop View Post
I've been using Google Play Music for almost two years but have had recurring issues with the app stopping streaming and being unable to play anything. I suspect this is happening when switching between mobile data and WiFi but it happens outside of those circumstances too. Only way to resolve is force stopping the app through system settings and restarting....

Several updates later and on multiple devices, I am looking to switch to Spotify.
I actually contacted Google about this and it appears to be a known issue. It has more so to do with the app itself consuming too many resources on the phone (i.e. RAM etc) and it kills the app. The workaround is to quit the app and restart it in the menu by selecting "refresh."

It works to a certain point where it becomes cumbersome, to which I will not be subscribing after the month's free trial. Spotify is a heck of a lot better in terms of stability.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:25 AM   #9
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I had a 3 month free trial on google play music.

The free version of spotify is so much better than free google play music. There's waaay more ads on google play and it screws up over bluetooth streaming far more often than spotify.
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:56 AM   #10
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 302 Posts
you can downloaded a modded version of spotify for android which will give you access to premium-like features such as no ads (or very very VERY limited number of ads) and the ability to skip songs for an unlimited number of times.

link to my personal dropbox copy. note that this is an older version but still works good.

EDIT: found this article on how you can edit the api files on spotify free and remove all the limitations to give you all premium features
tomatogunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:57 AM   #11
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
I use google play music and just download tracks to make a giant playlist
I find the streamed stations play a lot of old stuff and not even the latest music really

I don't know why but my Spotify doesn't work tells me to login the website to let Spotify know my location first, but I login the website and the app still won't work

Shame Nokia's streaming service is dead that shit was actually free and was awesome
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:05 AM   #12
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I pay $4.99 for Apple Music with the student thing.

Always preferred Apple Music versus Google Play.

Xiami is a good one if you need Asian music.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #13
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
I use google play music and just download tracks to make a giant playlist
I find the streamed stations play a lot of old stuff and not even the latest music really
To add to that, Google Play Music's "shuffle" algorithm is terrible. It often plays the same songs often despite having a huge playlist.

I never encountered this with Spotify.

RIP Nokia Music.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:33 PM   #14

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Living under a rock haha. Never used Google Play Music or Spotify before, time to join. Me being a cheapo, are the ads for the free version annoying such it shows up often?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
GPM and YTred is going to be merged into YouTube Music
$5/mo for Spotify/Apple Music if you still have an access to a college e-mail account
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:50 AM   #16
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
I pay $4.99 for Apple Music with the student thing.

Always preferred Apple Music versus Google Play.

Xiami is a good one if you need Asian music.
I also have Xiami musics I like the fact that it have lyrics on the screen and MV too.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:21 PM   #17

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
I added music from my computer local files to spotify, it plays on the computer but won't play on my phone.

Not sure how to get the music to play the music on my computer on my phone as well. Tried google search but can't seem to get it to work still.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote