REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info

Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 46
Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
A few questions about EM1 trunk work that I'm doing

So, in my car, I've replaced the weather-strip, the moonroof drain valve's, the bumper support clips, and the rear air outlet, and also applied some rust converter to where some water was seeping in from above the wheel-wells, and now the water has stopped coming in from just about all of those places where it was previously coming in.

Despite the new OEM weather-strip, there is still one spot that water is coming in, which is above the top corner on one side, where two metal panels are welded or pressed together and covered with a sealer and then the paint. That spot isn't a straight metal sheet, as one panel is pressed overtop the other, creating a zig-zag form in the metal. I believe it's creating a gap that is allowing water to pass through under the weather strip.

Can I fill that part of the weather strip up with RTV gasket sealer to stop water from getting in there - and will that be water durable?

Also, the 2 gaskets or rubber pieces that fit underneath the bases of the spoiler arms and which go between them and the trunk lid are disintegrating, and I'm trying to find what they're called to replace them. Them and the spoiler seem to not be mentioned in the factory service manual, and the local Honda dealership couldn't find them in their computer for sale. Anyone know their part name or number, or what alternative can be used to replace them?

And, I bought a used bumper rebar to replace my old rusted one. If I put the old shock absorber on top of the replacement rebar, will the rust power that's on the shock absorber cause the replacement rebar to rust quickly?

Shock absorber pic:

Check out how rusted the rebar I just took off the car is. That wasn't going to be stopping anything, lol:

Delicieuxz is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of