REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 09-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
Condo strata problems

Looking to get some opinions on a few issues.
Early apologies for the long post. I have got most of my answers from BCgov websites, but some items i cant seem to find resolutions for.

1. My property manager is useless, after sending an email, it will take anywhere from x days to x weeks for her to reply. Once she does reply, she will answer 1 or 2 of X questions that i sent off. And to top it off, its a generic answer that does not answer my question. (I went around getting a petition for another issue to be listed, and asked about what people think of her) : the responce was mixed, half bad, half good, and the rest had no opinion.

How do i get her out? If i did not reply to emails within a few hours in my job, i would not have a job. Not to mention replying with a "generic answer". This is unacceptable.

From what i hear, "all property managers are shit" so pick your poison.

Supposably someone has already asked council to get rid of her for a long time, but they seem to be a bit power hungry older folk that dont like to include the opinions of younger owners in the building.

2. So my building does not allow AC units to be installed on patios due to patio bylaw. I have started a petition with about 80% positive results. Once the SGM happens in the next few weeks, what should i bring to the battle?
The entire strata council is the group that originally denied my install, and would not even work with me for a possible other solution.

Im thinking to get Proxies from the people i already talked to, incase they do not show up to the meeting (noone likes going to those meetings).

From what i can see online, i can have unlimited proxies? Unless its over 50% of the vote, then it can be taken to court or something. So i guess i will split the proxies with my neighbor who is on the same page.
I have talked to about 60% of my building, but there is still the remaining 40%, and an additional adjacent building where votes count. Should i get as many people on my side as possible, and collect more proxies? Or gamble it out during the meeting. I have read instances of someone holding 75% of votes during a meeting, and getting what he wants everytime on other forums.

This meeting is to change bylaw X.X, to allow units on balconies. The tricky part is there is a second bylaw Y.Y, that states you need permission to install any of the following: including AC units. Should and can i bring this up during the meeting to change bylaw Y.Y, so it does not state you need to ask to install AC units? I can already see bylaw X.X being changed, and then when i ask to install an AC unit due to bylaw Y.Y, strata will pull all the cards so it does not happen.

3. So i got a letter from strata to remove my window shaker, with a photo that someone took from the adjacent building. Ok, yeah, i was not allowed the window shaker. Note: two buildings, same strata - low rise.

The person who took the photo, is a part of council, and the motherfucker is breaking bylaws on his patio aswell. (took photos, to be sent in after the ac thing goes through)
How retarted can you be? Its like ratting out a drug dealer, and yet, your doing the exact same thing. To top it off, you are on the "council"

I dont give a shit that he is breaking bylaws, everyone breaks bylaws, its the fact that, if you are going to shit on someone because you have nothing better to do, make sure your own shit is in line before doing so.

What would RS do about this?
Advertisement
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
I despise strata councils. Each one I've ever dealt with has been as you described. A group of seniors that seem like their pass time is to make life unnecessarily difficult for anyone under 40 years old.

One time after camping my car was dirty (a dusty car, not a truck covered in mud). It was parked in my outside parking spot. Someone on the council called me a bunch of times (I missed the calls) so they called my emergency contact and told them someone complained and I had to wash my car. It was super fucked up, obviously nothing in the bylaws about it. So I spent the next few weeks calling council members at all times informing them of any non-freshly-detailed car on the property and to contact either them or their emergency number to have it rectified ASAP.

Fucking strata dude. Sounds like you're going about it in the correct way