REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:17 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,229 Posts
OLED is fucking gorgeous, I'm hoping to get a 65" when I move, prices have really come down over the last couple years if you buy at the right time.

75"+ are still expensive but in a few years I imagine they'll be a lot more reasonable. 75" TVs are slowly going to become the new 55" as far as how common they get in people's houses.
Advertisement
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,407 Times in 5,676 Posts
excited about Sony's OLED offerings.. will never buy an LG set.

Although my current XBR is still nicer than the vast majority of TVs out there lol.. maybe an upgrade in a year or two
Old 09-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,229 Posts
The only thing I dislike about the Sony is they use the shitty laggy ass Android TV interface. The OLED panel they use is just supplied from LG anyways though.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
The only thing I dislike about the Sony is they use the shitty laggy ass Android TV interface. The OLED panel they use is just supplied from LG anyways though.
True that. My XBR is 3 years old now but it has the less bulky Sony interface

I went to a customers home who had a newer model that had the Android interface and I didn’t like it at all, I fact it was causing the TV to lose inputs etc. so yea..hopefully they clean that up.

Internal wise I’ll always take a Sony over LG
Old 09-27-2017, 06:32 PM   #30
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Are you watching TV from the sides? Why is it such a big deal how thin it is . . .
No one has answer this mans question.

The current OLED tv are already super thin.
What's the point of having wallpaper thin OLED screens if the picture quality is the same.
Eventually when the prices fall it'll be more appealing. But right now it's more of a FU money im rich.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,411 Times in 3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
No one has answer this mans question.

The current OLED tv are already super thin.
What's the point of having wallpaper thin OLED screens if the picture quality is the same.
Eventually when the prices fall it'll be more appealing. But right now it's more of a FU money im rich.
Less weight, cheaper to ship easier to hang/move, make tv's larger, no need to hire someone to install a wall mount, no need to find studs, can get creative with the placement the list goes on. Imagine a store mounting one to a glass window.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:31 AM   #32
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Are you watching TV from the sides? Why is it such a big deal how thin it is . . .
Because its fucking ART bro.
RickyTan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Less weight, cheaper to ship easier to hang/move, make tv's larger, no need to hire someone to install a wall mount, no need to find studs, can get creative with the placement the list goes on. Imagine a store mounting one to a glass window.
if my TV costs 20k i'll be finding a couple studs to mount that bracket on lol
Old 09-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #34
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
True that. My XBR is 3 years old now but it has the less bulky Sony interface

I went to a customers home who had a newer model that had the Android interface and I didn’t like it at all, I fact it was causing the TV to lose inputs etc. so yea..hopefully they clean that up.

Internal wise I’ll always take a Sony over LG
Maybe is the OS or something but casting from my Ipad or any device never works. Everytime I turn to the TV on I have go into the apps, casting force stop, disable and then enable again. Then it will work fine till I shut the TV off. Calling/Online support does nothing because every single time they just ask me to reset the TV but can not provide me with a solid solution or why this happens.

Super annoying. For now I just have a HDMI from my PC to the TV but sometimes I want to use the PC when friends are over and they want to watch youtube or something.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Maybe is the OS or something but casting from my Ipad or any device never works. Everytime I turn to the TV on I have go into the apps, casting force stop, disable and then enable again. Then it will work fine till I shut the TV off. Calling/Online support does nothing because every single time they just ask me to reset the TV but can not provide me with a solid solution or why this happens.

Super annoying. For now I just have a HDMI from my PC to the TV but sometimes I want to use the PC when friends are over and they want to watch youtube or something.
Mine had a time where casting didnt work, but it worked its way back to working for whatever reason, can cast from any computer on the network whether wired or wireless, can just right click on the file and cast to device to the TV, only time it doesnt work is when the Codec isnt right
Old 09-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
if my TV costs 20k i'll be finding a couple studs to mount that bracket on lol
First plasma TV I saw was 42 inches 480I and cost 10k. Prices will come down.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:49 AM   #37
Fanboy

MKBHD is the man
Old 09-28-2017, 05:53 PM   #38
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post

Blame the manufacture for not updating the software. The most reliable way to stream cast from you iOS device to the tv is still the Apple TV.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:29 AM   #39
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
TV will be brighter have better PQ and you don't have to turn off the lights to view it. Companies like Samsung Sony and Barco are pushing for tiled oled displays to be used in movie theaters.
clearly you haven't been up to date on laser projector technology.

easily enjoy 100-200 inch screens.

300 if your room is big enough.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:07 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
clearly you haven't been up to date on laser projector technology.

easily enjoy 100-200 inch screens.

300 if your room is big enough.
I have been but the big manufacturers including Barco who makes projectors for theaters are going to tile displays.