REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Good Vibes Only Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/713519-good-vibes-only-thread.html)

MSREE 10-08-2017 01:16 PM

Good Vibes Only Thread

So! I've been on here and it seems we have a lot of threads for griping & general complaining.
Since we seem to come together on all things miserable, I wanted to create a space where we could share the things that make us happy, thankful and grateful to be alive on a daily basis.

Smashed a PR at the gym? Kid took their first steps? Finished a tough course at school? Got your dream job/car? Finally talked to your crush? Let's hear about it!

As said in the title: Good Vibes Only. Keep it positive & support each other.
If you have nothing good to contribute, keep ya PJSalt to yaself.

:Popcorn

MSREE 10-08-2017 01:23 PM

I'll start.
I had a flare up begin the first week of August. Since then, I've been confined to my home for about 2 months. Some days the pain can be so unbearable that even getting something off the counter can bring tears to my eyes.

On Friday, I was able to head downtown and go to Stepho's for dinner with a friend! It felt soo good to be outside, even though it was raining, enjoying company and great food! I am beyond grateful for my ability to put on regular people clothes and enjoy a social activity pain free! Before I got sick, I used to bitch about things that really don't matter at all. Now every day that I can spend just enjoying my life is a blessing :megusta:

mr_chin 10-08-2017 09:37 PM

I had an awesome fap today.

I didn't think anyone would care. BibleThump

Thank you.

ilovebacon 10-08-2017 10:45 PM

visited night market before they close down for the season. Saw these lego toys and decided to buy one for my sister. Got her the small green alien from monster inc. Something about this makes me feel great about myself, knowing that I have the power to give gifts. Cant seem to remember when it was the last time I bought something for the family.
Now staring at my unopen box of lego, it says that it has 480 small pieces!!
BRB, gotta build me a donkey kong!

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1tcNER...nime-Story.jpg

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1HjcOR...ong-b-font.jpg

Jmac 10-08-2017 11:06 PM

Looking forward to a prime rib roast tomorrow.

Mr.Money 10-09-2017 09:20 PM

showed my younger cousins retro gaming on the super nintendo...never saw them have such a blast :fullofwin:

Adorkami 10-10-2017 01:06 PM

Found out a month ago my dad doctor thought my dad had cancer in both lungs and they thought they would probably have to remove one and that he might not live that long. Just heard a couple days ago that he only has cancer in one lung and that with chemo they think they should be able to remove it and he should have a full recovery. Sucks he has cancer but couldn't be happier with the new diagnosis.

MSREE 10-10-2017 02:51 PM

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and ate a bunch of good stuff :werd:
We didn't get a turkey this year, so I whipped up some steak for my man last night, he said it was delicious so life is good :heartsmile:

PK-EK 10-11-2017 08:00 AM

I went to Ikea on the weekend and bought a new bath mat and matching shower curtain.

now my bath rooms looks completely different!

^_^V

its the small things in life that count

dapperfied 10-11-2017 08:02 AM

Had morning sex today. :fuckyea:

ZN6 10-11-2017 11:47 AM

had a chicken ranch burrito and mexi fries from taco time for lunch. fuckin' awesome. throw back to when I was a kid and metro still had that food court where the T&T sushi department now currently sits.

Man crazy thinking back to how metro has changed. Sears will be gone soon too. TGIF is gone, multiple food courts gone, Grand and Toy is gone, Zellers/Target gone, playdium gone, foot locker where playdium used to be is gone and is now a winners, all of metropolis changed, station square completely redone.

Red robin is gone, boston pizza is gone, TD gone, Save on foods gone and replaced by pricesmart.

A&Ws beside where booster juice is now is gone. Disney store moved, toys R us going to be gone, HMV gone, rainforest cafe gone. that chinese restaurant with the ship theme is gone.

Futureshop gone, bubble tea place gone, A&W at station square gone, Fedex store is gone.

The day uncle willie's is gone, is the last of my metrotown childhood gone.

in 2.5 decade's time, a shit load of stuff sure has changed with that mall...

Inaii 10-11-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN6 (Post 8865996)
boston pizza is gone

Actually it's still there. It's in Station Square across from Best Buy (above where the rexall is). Sorry it's actually on the bottom floor. The top is Home Sense or something.

PK-EK 10-12-2017 07:49 AM

Made $260 bucks on a side job last night - and after that I bought myself a donair pizza and chicken wings with a can of beer.

Best night ever!

ZN6 10-12-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8866052)
Actually it's still there. It's in Station Square across from Best Buy (above where the rexall is). Sorry it's actually on the bottom floor. The top is Home Sense or something.

oh right. the one below bed bath and beyond.

TOS'd 10-12-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PK-EK (Post 8866144)
Made $260 bucks on a side job last night - and after that I bought myself a donair pizza and chicken wings with a can of beer.

Best night ever!

:ifyouknow:

pastarocket 10-12-2017 11:02 AM

-free movies at Cineplex this Saturday!

This makes my weekend. -a good time to take my nephew to watch movies like Ice Age and Kung Fu Panda 3 for free. :fullofwin:

https://www.cineplex.com/News/On-Com...or-FREE-movies

MSREE 10-12-2017 03:06 PM

YAY! Big Daddy has said yes to going to Jhene Aiko's Trip Tour! :fullofwin:

If anyone has a gf/friends who listen to Jhene Aiko, presale code for Ticketfly is: OLLA.
Tix are $40, meet n greet $155 :)

guurl 10-12-2017 03:58 PM

Two car accidents within the last two weeks (not my fault). One guy claimed saying it was my fault but it clearly wasnt. Just having to deal with ICBC is annoying
Aside from that though I'm glad I have solid friends who know how to cheer you up by taking you out to eat when you're having a bad day. Food always makes everything better. :Popcorn

MSREE 10-13-2017 01:10 PM

Went to Winners/Homesense today with my cousin and picked up lotion, cleanser and deo that are paraben/alcohol/mineral oil/sulfate-free, either made in USA or here in Canada. Was a fuckin steal since the lotion is normally $17 USD a bottle.

Winners is always a good time lol :ban:

jinxcrusader 10-14-2017 03:34 PM

Going to Victoria for 6 weeks tomorrow - my work is paying for my hotel and other travel expenses to do a course on the island. Pretty stoked for it

MG1 10-15-2017 09:03 AM

I know this thread is about, "What makes you happy," but for me, helping others out and putting a smile on their face, makes me happy.

https://www.revscene.net/forums/5922...ml#post6630380

Disregard some of the first contributions on the first couple of pages......... like jet lag, RS lag.

MSREE 10-18-2017 04:30 PM

Super thankful for fuzzy blankets and space heaters today :alone:

unit 10-19-2017 07:12 AM

space heaters for sure, i use one at work in my cold little office. thinking about getting a really compact one for home when i watch tv or work at my desk. my apartment has one thermostat and it doesn't make sense to heat the whole place most of the time.

6o4__boi 10-19-2017 08:09 AM

as much as i bitch about hating filling out forms and moving my stuff
i'm excited to start on a new job that i will hopefully stay at for most of my working life

mr_chin 10-26-2017 07:14 PM

Some lady fainted on the skytrain today. I was the first one to kneel down to assist her. The feeling of seeing her becoming conscious again, it was very relieving.