REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   [VIDEO] Hate in the Car Community (https://www.revscene.net/forums/713579-%5Bvideo%5D-hate-car-community.html)

Limitless 10-18-2017 05:46 PM

[VIDEO] Hate in the Car Community

This video has been making its rounds on my facebook feed, so I'm sure a lot of you have already seen it. It's a good watch for those who are bored and have 6 minutes to spare. REVscene seems pretty dead compared to what it was a few years ago when I was more active in the car scene, lets hear your story if you can relate to this.

My rant became hella long so I'm just going to stick it in a spoiler.
Spoiler!

Anyways, the original point of the thread was to share the video, but I ended up feeling like ranting. If you guys have similar stories, I'd like to hear them. It would be great if REVscene became more active again with more threads popping around.

VR6GTI 10-18-2017 06:13 PM

Pretty good video
Everyone is entitled to their opinion aswell and that's not hate

GS8 10-18-2017 06:46 PM

I drive a Buick

/thread

G0rilla 10-18-2017 06:53 PM

Lol people love to hate is so true

Drive my R35 GTR (your car has no soul bro, its so boring the car does it all for you, doesnt even take skill), drive my s2k (your car has no torque bro, ricer, DO YOU EVEN VTEC?), drive my boring DD civic (your car such a pos, why dont u get a new car, its so slow) lol

Most of the time I don't like other cars I see, but I respect the work and dedication put into it. And in the end, its your car, you can do whatever you want with it lol

nns 10-18-2017 07:02 PM

Some cars are hard not to hate on. There are some really dumb things done to cars out there.

It's OK to do dumb things to cars if you make friends who also do dumb things to their cars?

There are people out there that some us will never agree with on anything. It doesn't have to be cars. It could be religion, politics, family, etc. Should we go and make Youtube videos about stopping the hate there too? Personally, I just accept this and agree to disagree.

CorneringArtist 10-18-2017 07:20 PM

There are some people who build their cars because the car is their canvas, but in the last few years I've noticed a shift from builds that are meticulously thought out down to the last part, to going with the jankiest shit in order to have an Facegram follower dick-waving contest. Not to say that people share their pride and joy on social media to show the steps they took, but recently, it's more attempting to chase e-fame than the build itself.

twitchyzero 10-18-2017 07:36 PM

make your instagram & snapchat username a window decal so I can follow you :badpokerface:

the way I see it, not my time & money, idgaf

unless it's a public safety issue.

Inaii 10-18-2017 08:38 PM

Welcome to owning a rotary. You get shit on on a regular basis :hotbaby:

westopher 10-18-2017 09:15 PM

Car enthusiasts are growing up, and moving away from the computers. The new gen of car enthusiasts are occupying instagram, and FB. Its less about sharing info, and as said, more about dickswinging. Its about the likes, not the interaction as much.
Also, photo bucket essentially destroyed the chances of forums ever becoming relevant again. So much info lost.
That said, every event I went to this year was more accepting of different styles, genres and interests than ever. As long as no one behaves like an idiot, everyone is happy to have them there.
My last 2 weekends of the car season were some of the most fun I have had at events ever.

Suprarz666 10-18-2017 09:28 PM

^btw theres a photobucket hotlink extension for chrome that will allow you to see photobucket links.

fliptuner 10-18-2017 09:33 PM

Live and let live.

Some cars I like, some I don't but if you're a good dude, as long as it makes you happy, great. Nice car or not, if you're a douchebag, who cares about your car?

320icar 10-18-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8867425)
Car enthusiasts are growing up, and moving away from the computers. The new gen of car enthusiasts are occupying instagram, and FB. Its less about sharing info, and as said, more about dickswinging. Its about the likes, not the interaction as much.
Also, photo bucket essentially destroyed the chances of forums ever becoming relevant again. So much info lost.
That said, every event I went to this year was more accepting of different styles, genres and interests than ever. As long as no one behaves like an idiot, everyone is happy to have them there.
My last 2 weekends of the car season were some of the most fun I have had at events ever.

I could not agree more with every point. I went to a bunch of shows and events this year and it seemed like everyone was so chill. Everyone was accepted and it didn’t really matter what kind of car or how old you were. But the more niche you go, the more friendly and family like it can be. Huge generic car shows will always be a clusterfuck, but try to go to events or just hang out.

Whatever happened to RS dim sum?

jpark 10-18-2017 11:12 PM

Forums in general is a dying trend imo. There's IG, Whatsapp group chats & facebook groups which are far more precise and convenient sources to link around. On top of that it just got even worse with the recent photobucket blocking. Though, I must say i will miss the eventual shortage of helpful DIY threads and quality build threads. Nothing can beat a properly laid out organized thread. too bad

AzNightmare 10-19-2017 12:14 AM

It's impossible to please everyone. Everyone will have a difference of opinion.

Some people love the Type R, some people would rather be seen in a Pontiac Aztek.

Tim Budong 10-19-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8867459)
It's impossible to please everyone. Everyone will have a difference of opinion.

Some people love the Type R, some people would rather be seen in a Pontiac Aztek.

Walter White is that you?

cho 10-19-2017 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limitless (Post 8867370)
I'm sure that if all of those parts were on a R18 or Si, it would have been mostly positive feedback.

:badpokerface::badpokerface::badpokerface:

6o4__boi 10-19-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 8867425)

Yup, nailed it.
Sad, really. I always thought the best part of learning how to mod cars was the interaction and learning from other's experience.

Berzerker 10-19-2017 09:03 AM

My Green civic rustled jimmies everywhere. I never ever cared what people thought. I built the car the way I wanted and I will always do so. Usually people only hate on cars that are from past trend. Once F&F style went away all of a sudden anyone with a kit was hated. Then JDM came and then it was all about looking stock but with expensive stock parts from Japan. Then came stance... see the trend. Everyone hates on the out of style trend. In the end were all car people. Cars, like people, come in many shapes and sizes and just because you don't like a particular shape or size doesn't mean someone else cant.

PLUR in the car community people.

Except Arash.... everyone hates Arash equally.

Berz out.

Indy 10-19-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8867417)

Welcome to owning an automatic sporty car. "oh it's an automatic" "why didn't you get a manual?" "drivetrain loss compared to the manual"

UnknownJinX 10-19-2017 09:25 AM

Can't we just all hate Prius? [emoji23]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inaii (Post 8867417)

Not really... Really helps that rotary cars all look pretty good.

Sometimes RX-8 gets shit on by RX-7 owners a bit for the looks and the fact it's NA, but if an RX-8 is as inpractical as an RX-7, I wouldn't even have considered it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpark (Post 8867455)
Forums in general is a dying trend imo. There's IG, Whatsapp group chats & facebook groups which are far more precise and convenient sources to link around. On top of that it just got even worse with the recent photobucket blocking. Though, I must say i will miss the eventual shortage of helpful DIY threads and quality build threads. Nothing can beat a properly laid out organized thread. too bad

Forums are not dying.

One of the people from the Accord forums said she likes the forum because everyone acts in a way that's easy to interact and get the info you need. Way too often, you see people asking questions in Facebook groups with texttalk(usually with no replies), and have fun searching for specific information that's been asked a million times before in the group.

And like said, Facebook groups are more used for dick-swinging, not mature discussions and learning. I remember looking up an Accord Facebook group, and it was pretty much just people posting pics of their modded Accords, whereas the forum is much better for getting info(especially if you don't mod too much).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8867500)
Usually people only hate on cars that are from past trend. Once F&F style went away all of a sudden anyone with a kit was hated. Then JDM came and then it was all about looking stock but with expensive stock parts from Japan. Then came stance... see the trend. Everyone hates on the out of style trend.

So don't follow a trend, and just do whatever that's actually good for the car.

hud 91gt 10-19-2017 09:25 AM

People have always had opinions. The new generation just likes positive reinforcement at all times. It doesn't help the lack of social development caused by technology leads to less personal contact between owners as well. Maybe all you hear is the hate.

It's my car. I do what I want.

ZN6 10-19-2017 09:58 AM

Mentality: It's not mine so I gotta pick apart everything about it so that it makes myself feel better for not being able to have it.

Doesn't apply only to cars. Applies to boyfriend/girlfriend as well and pretty much everything in the world. People just be jelly of others' pride and happiness and try to bring them down.

See a girl with a cute guy? He's too short or not rich enough

See a guy with a hot girl? Damn, she got mad cake face and she a gold digger.

See a guy with a nice house? Parents probably bought it for him, piss on his lawn, or get the dog to shit on it.

teggy604 10-19-2017 10:15 AM

All this hate is probably through social media. I been to lots of old meets and car shows back in the day and I personally didn't see any hate. People have different taste but they aren't going up to you to say they hate your car. You just gotta kick it old school.

ZN6 10-19-2017 10:36 AM

^^^ it's easy when you don't have to face the owner with your comments.

but this guy just takes it to a whole other level:

People just can't take the fact that you own nice things.

SkunkWorks 10-19-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN6 (Post 8867519)
^^^ it's easy when you don't have to face the owner with your comments.

but this guy just takes it to a whole other level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzXe4hR06U

People just can't take the fact that you own nice things.

Speaking of love and not hate, you guys have to watch the interview with the SV's owner. Truly quite inspiring: