REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 10-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Fireplace repair

I live in a condo and have a indoor/outdoor fireplace with an electric pilot starter. It is a Heat n Glow Twilight IIB. I rarely use it, maybe once a year or so. The unit is about 7 yrs old.

Anyways, when I try to light this thing, the electric pilot comes on, the fireplace flames are on but they soon die, and then the electric pilot comes on again, starts the fireplace, it stays on, but then dies again. The flames stay on for a few seconds at most.

I read the manual's FAQ and did some googling and it seems like the problem could be the thermocouple/flame sensor. I cleaned it with some scotch pad, made sure it's touching the flame. Infact, it does glow as the flame is on. Cleaning did seem to help as it prolonged the flames to last up to 1-5mins before it dies and the cycle repeats itself.

I guess maybe I need a new thermocouple? I'm not sure I can replace this myself, so I'm wondering if anyone has a good fireplace repair company they could recommend. Located in the Richmond area.

;tldr Looking for recommendations for a fireplace repair company.
Advertisement
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I used Mike Hambly from Firefly Fas Services from Abbotsford a few years ago and he was great.....very thorough and he was reasonably priced and also a nice guy!
spacemanrick is offline   Reply With Quote