REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,176 Times in 354 Posts
12 Nov 1030am HWY 99 x Westminister crash victim needs witnesses & dashcam vids

edit: Just reposting here for visibility. This wasn't my accident.

As per article:

Letter: Richmond car crash victim needs help

"The crash happened at 10:32 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 12 at the very busy intersection with the Highway 99 exit ramp and Westminster Highway. The other driver was travelling east on Westminster Highway, at what must have been an excess of 60 km/hr, in his effort to race through the red light facing him at the intersection. I was turning left.

Mine is the small silver sedan. As I climbed my way out of the airbags, through my daughter’s screaming, the driver waited for me on the street, apologizing for his terrible mistake. But not a single person stopped, despite there being cars in every lane around us.
And now, the driver is lying about his mistake."

Advertisement

Last edited by AstulzerRZD; 11-21-2017 at 02:57 PM.
AstulzerRZD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
That pisses me off. Good luck to you my friend. It's even a weekend and people couldn't be bothered to see if everyone was ok.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Sounds like Richmond to me.

It's unfortunate, but I've experienced the exact same thing in Richmond, albeit on a significantly more minor scale (fender bender).

No one stops to help, no one even bothers looking and just drives around.

I hate to have to ask this, but is this a cultural thing, where people see a car accident and try and stay out of it?

Every other city I've had friends get into accidents, people have stopped to help. Never in Richmond.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Sorry to hear. My heart goes out to you. Scary that your daughter was in the car too. That's my worst fear when I'm driving around this shit-hole city.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
That pisses me off. Good luck to you my friend. It's even a weekend and people couldn't be bothered to see if everyone was ok.
Heyo, sorry for the confusion :|
This wasn't actually my accident, just reposting here for visibility.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Sorry to hear. My heart goes out to you. Scary that your daughter was in the car too. That's my worst fear when I'm driving around this shit-hole city.
Heyo, sorry for the confusion :|
This wasn't actually my accident, just reposting here for visibility.
Hope the person in the article finds the evidence to get the outcome that they need.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
While I wholeheartedly agree, because I'm the type that gets drawn to "drama", there are a lot of people who aren't comfortable or feel no need to get involved, professionals or authorities are on their way to deal with it, etc. Move along, nothing to see here...

That's where the term "rubber necker" comes in, and last thing you need is people stopping and clogging up traffic even more.

But it really is a shame no one wants to get involved and help, especially when the accident is that bad.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #8
I don't get it

It's great to see that you guys were okay. It is gonna be tough to fight a case where no witnesses were observed when you were turning left. I suggest City of Richmond may have a camera available for such a busy intersection. It might not have a camera at that intersection but No 5 rd / Westminster may have a camera where it could have a glimpse of the Saturday incident.
a00755836 is offline   Reply With Quote