REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 12-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Wsken Type-C Mag Catch cable

I've been in the market for a Type-C mag catch cable to replace the one that I bought from Griffin (https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...0005-_-Product) as it's way too big and bulky.

I originally thought the Snapnator would be a good replacement but after the LONG wait for fulfillment and poor reviews once they did ship I found one from Wsken and it's exactly what I was looking for.

I have a Spigen Tough Armour case on my S8+ and the small dongle has no issues with fitment. The magnet is very strong, the cable is braided and it has a nice LED indicator light on the cable so it can help you find the end of it in the dark. The one issue I have with it so far is the cable is fairly short for an aftermarket cable at only 1 meter. It would be much nicer to see it in the 10' range like the ones from Anker.

Beyond using this to charge your phone it could also be used to charge your 2017 iMac or any other device that can charge via USB-C.

I ended up picking mine up from Aliexpress on November 11 for $11.46 but you will have to wait 2-3 weeks to receive them from China. If you don't want to wait that long they usually go for about $20 on amazon.ca.
Advertisement
Koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:12 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
got a $5 generic one that charges the Google phone and Nintendo console but not a Dell laptop that requires 20V 2.3A

I don't want a cable just the adapter and the magnetic connector
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote