REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

ICBC Claims

If you're in an accident, do both parties have to call in to claim? What happens when only one side claims? Will ICBC just call the other driver?
Advertisement
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

When you make the claim and give ICBC the other party's info, or perhaps a witness does so, then ICBC will contact the other party if they haven't already contacted ICBC
coneZONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:14 AM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Assuming one driver has called in and provided driver info of the other party to ICBC, ICBC will generally wait at least 30 days before contacting the other party involved. In the mean time, as long as the other party doesn't file a report with ICBC, ICBC would have no means to assign fault percentage to the accident, and you'd have to pay your deductible first to get the vehicle repaired.

If the other party does not contact ICBC (and ICBC already has their info), then it will open a file on the other party's behalf some time after 30 days, and attempt to contact the other party.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
I was involved in a hit and run. I filed a claim with dashcam footage. Make/Model/LP# was all captured and available to ICBC. 2 weeks later ICBC called me back saying go ahead and get the repair done and I won't be on the hook for the deductible. They said they were still trying to get a hold of the other party.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Both calling in expedites the process as the claim will be processed right away. Otherwise ICBC will contact the other driver which can take a few weeks.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: