REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Lamborghini SUV: Urus. World premiere on December 4th (https://www.revscene.net/forums/713876-lamborghini-suv-urus-world-premiere-december-4th.html)

ZN6 12-05-2017 09:58 AM

So how many do you think will actually go off-road or do anything that's outdoorsy?

inb4 c-lai washes bumper with gasoline.

twitchyzero 12-05-2017 10:01 AM

i'm not their target audience but agreed it would be nice to focus more on the off-road capabilities as a truck than a X6/Model X competitor.

something to wedge against the G-Wagen, LX, Range Rover

SeedBNR 12-05-2017 11:29 AM

The Chinas love the G-Wagon for some odd reason..

ws6ta 12-05-2017 11:33 AM

upcoming audi q8 looks quite similar
http://images.car.bauercdn.com/pagef...di_rsq8_91.jpg

underscore 12-05-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8876023)
Italian design, with German management.
When the VAG took over Lambo, they actually made it a real car company. Ze Germans brought in inventory control, quality control, proper management and the concept of personal responsibility.

The Germans also bring in overcomplicated nonsense that costs a fortune to repair once it has any sort of mileage on it. So it still depreciates like a stone and costs a pile to maintain, but now it's been neutered by German accountants. Forgive me for not dancing in the streets with excitement.

Z3guy 12-05-2017 12:12 PM

obviously no one commenting on the Urus is a potential customer. Remember the comments about the Cayenne when it was launched? Now people applaud Porsche for doing it because it generated so much cash they could afford more R&D dollars for the 911. Hence a more up date 911.
I bet the Lamborghini will sell everyone they make and every rich guy/gal from China will want one. This will be the new status symbol of every rich mainlander.
It is a matter of time before Ferrari and Aston enter into the game. The potential massive profits far outweigh the hit to brand erosion.
Let's face it, the sedan is dead, and the crossover will be the new norm.

Harvey Specter 12-05-2017 12:31 PM

I had deposit on the Urus when I had my 580 but cancelled it and got allocation for the Performante.

Initially pricing was hovering around $250k CDN all in with options, now from what I was told you're looking at around $280k CDN with options. Flippers might make money in the short term because production for the first year will be half and all allocation looks be to going but in 2019 they'll ramp it up to 3500 Urus' per year and also introduce a hybrid plug in. To put that in prospective, Lambo has capped all cars at 3500 which includes all the Aventador and Huracan models so they'll be a lot of Urus' been produced which isn't going to be good for resale.

Styling wise I like it but I don't love it. Have to see the demo when it arrives in Feb.

Z3guy 12-05-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8876058)
The Germans also bring in overcomplicated nonsense that costs a fortune to repair once it has any sort of mileage on it. So it still depreciates like a stone and costs a pile to maintain, but now it's been neutered by German accountants. Forgive me for not dancing in the streets with excitement.

I agree with your depreciation comments, but that hasn't seem to hurt Rolls or Bentley sales. Have you seen the depreciation rates on those things!!!

originalhypa 12-05-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8876058)
Forgive me for not dancing in the streets with excitement.

:fullofwin:

I’ll admit, That was kind of funny, but really, what does it matter anyway?
You might be able to afford a 2020 Uras in year 2035, if you can find a high mileage one, with Icbc claims, driven a clai who smoked, plus your condo has to keep going up in value.
:D

Needless to say, I don’t think that neither the Italians nor the Germans care what you and I think.

Traum 12-05-2017 01:07 PM

The thing that caught my eyes was:

Quote:

17.3-inch carbon ceramic rotors sit under 21-inch wheels and are clamped by 10-piston calipers up front
That rotor is literally bigger than the wheels on my daily beater by 2"+, and 1 single front caliper has 5x more pistons than mine has on all 4 wheels. :bowjerk: :bowjerk:

Hehe 12-05-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN6 (Post 8876037)
So how many do you think will actually go off-road or do anything that's outdoorsy?

inb4 c-lai washes bumper with gasoline.

It doesn't need to be off-road worthy, but rather road-trip worthy.

I mean, it should be able to handle a good amount of off-roading, but the idea is that it's a superb (if not the best) grand tourer. It could offer an incredible driving experience (as in speed) as one would expect from Lambo, yet offering the adaptability of an SUV to different terrains.

It's stuck in a very awkward position IMO... it's not as fast as a sports car, not as flexible as a true SUV (think Range Rover or even G-class) and yet not as luxury as Bentayga and whatever RR is about to bring.

If it brought as an even better Range Rover to the market (luxury and craftsmanship of Italian automaker with Lambo's V12), I think it could successfully target a very specific niche and differentiate itself from everyone else quite well.

Badhobz 12-05-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowside67 (Post 8876008)
Have you actually driven a 993? It may be the most overhyped sports car on the planet. The 997 I replaced it with at the time was a better car in literally every way possible except it didn’t have the Porsche “last air cooled” wanker card to play.

-Mark

I owned a 993 for 2 years before I sold it for my Maserati. I like how you mentioned the 997 and not the 991. I almost pulled the trigger on a 997.2 Targa4S when I was cross shopping with my Maz. Ultimately I thought the porsche was too plain jane and i wanted something a bit more sexy to look at.

I drove that 991 and i honestly didnt like it at all. The steering is lifeless and the chasis was too buttoned down. It drives more like a GT car now then the older Porsches.

Harvey Specter 12-05-2017 03:36 PM

First look/overview video:

https://www.topgear.com/videos/first...out-lambo-urus

Badhobz 12-05-2017 03:43 PM

needs scissor doors and a rap video.

Z3guy 12-05-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8876093)
I owned a 993 for 2 years before I sold it for my Maserati. I like how you mentioned the 997 and not the 991. I almost pulled the trigger on a 997.2 Targa4S when I was cross shopping with my Maz. Ultimately I thought the porsche was too plain jane and i wanted something a bit more sexy to look at.

I drove that 991 and i honestly didnt like it at all. The steering is lifeless and the chasis was too buttoned down. It drives more like a GT car now then the older Porsches.

I do agree the steering could have more feedback on the 991, but in every other category including looks, the 991 crushes the 997 in every parameter possible. haha! the 991 was not an incremental step forward, like the 997.2 was, but a new superior car in every way. The 4 inches of extra wheel base has taken all the bad attributes out of the 997 chassis (front end bob and rear end nervousness when off throttle). My 996 GT3 was a great driving car, however even from a pure performance standpoint it doesnt hold a candle to the 991 GTS. There is no comparsion when you hit a mid corner bump....

conandoyle 12-05-2017 05:08 PM

I bet we can see it in RICHmond soon...

conandoyle 12-05-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8876098)

The calipers look humongous, 8 pot?:fullofwin:

Badhobz 12-05-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3guy (Post 8876104)
I do agree the steering could have more feedback on the 991, but in every other category including looks, the 991 crushes the 997 in every parameter possible. haha! the 991 was not an incremental step forward, like the 997.2 was, but a new superior car in every way. The 4 inches of extra wheel base has taken all the bad attributes out of the 997 chassis (front end bob and rear end nervousness when off throttle). My 996 GT3 was a great driving car, however even from a pure performance standpoint it doesnt hold a candle to the 991 GTS. There is no comparsion when you hit a mid corner bump....

I don't race on the track so I really do not have a viable opinion of high speed stability. I just compare "butt feel" and "engagement" if those are even quantitative. Most of the newer cars are faster than their predecessors, if they weren't that wouldnt be progress. Yet I'd take an old e30 m3 over the new f30 m3 and my "old" NA v8 Ferrari engine over the new turbo charged v8. Something about the analogue experiences just feel more lively and direct.

I agree looks wise the 991 looks nice...er for a Porsche. But it's just a 911 evolution and not really drop dead gorgeous in the way an Aston or Italian exotic looks.

underscore 12-05-2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8876073)
:fullofwin:

I’ll admit, That was kind of funny, but really, what does it matter anyway?
You might be able to afford a 2020 Uras in year 2035, if you can find a high mileage one, with Icbc claims, driven a clai who smoked, plus your condo has to keep going up in value.
:D

Needless to say, I don’t think that neither the Italians nor the Germans care what you and I think.

If it really is ~$200k USD then the current increase in value on my house would let me get one cash, but then I'd have to live in it. It'd be cramped at first, but guaranteed my wife would leave me which would free up some room.

Being serious, considering that a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (which to me is an equally stupid vehicle, but whatever) is $115k CAD then this seems fairly reasonable. Sure the Lambo is roughly double the price, but how often is a Lambo only double the cost of a Chrysler product?

I know they don't give a rats ass what we think, as their target market is rich idiots who just want to look good at 10km/h stuck in traffic downtown. They could de-tune the entire Lambo lineup from the last 15 years to the level of a Prius and 90% of their buyers wouldn't notice the difference. I may sound like Clarkson a bit here, but I stopped being interested in Lambo's when they stopped making bedroom wall posters and started making boring shit to sell to as many twats as possible, and this is just the icing on the cake.

Traum 12-05-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conandoyle (Post 8876110)
The calipers look humongous, 8 pot?:fullofwin:

front 17.3" rotors & 10 pot calipers :bowjerk:

Harvey Specter 12-05-2017 11:37 PM

It's all fun and games until a rock chips your 17.3" rotor and you have refinance your house to buy a replacement rotor.

GS8 12-06-2017 04:10 AM

I'm guessing 'Urus' was the name of a bull?

They should've just called it the Ferdinand, to honour the type of people who will buy it.

https://giant.gfycat.com/MerryQuickKoodoo.gif

Badhobz 12-06-2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8876229)
I'm guessing 'Urus' was the name of a bull?

They should've just called it the Ferdinand, to honour the type of people who will buy it.

https://giant.gfycat.com/MerryQuickKoodoo.gif

i thought urus was the name of a constellation or a family name for bears. :okay:

originalhypa 12-06-2017 09:18 AM

^
Close, but you're thinking Ursa, which is latin for bear.
I'm an edumacated redneck, ya hear!
http://americannewsx.com/wp-content/...mp-Redneck.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8876179)
If it really is ~$200k USD then the current increase in value on my house would let me get one cash, but then I'd have to live in it. It'd be cramped at first, but guaranteed my wife would leave me which would free up some room.
Spoiler!

:fuckyea:

Well said man!
I miss my old Lambo posters.

underscore 12-06-2017 10:08 AM

Does it get much better?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/bd...c65e0ab614.jpg