REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-06-2018, 03:40 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Dehydration and dizziness after pizza

So, an hour or so after eating half a large pizza from Domino's, I would get extremely thirsty. Also, if I had 2 or 3 slices of Domino's pizza for lunch, I would get a minor headache and dizziness during workout.

What does this mean? My problem or the pizza? Asking because I have an offer for a free medium from Domino's that I don't want to waste.

mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-06-2018, 04:07 PM   #2
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Dehydration is normal. I'm sure there's MSG in all pizza except for Papa Johns who advertise no MSG

Diziness or headache I think maybe your problem, no the pizza.

Have you tried other brands of pizza and working out?

Most likely shitty nutrition not enough to supply you the energy you need paired with dehydration causing you headache and Diziness.

Maybe don't pizza and workout?

Workout then pizza.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

I would say it's your body reacting to the shitty food, more than dehydration.

If you pee and it's yellow you are dehydrated. Thirst isn't that great of an indicator if you're hydrated or not.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
You ate like 300g of carbs, and a ton of salt in one sitting. That is going to dehydrate the shit out of you, spike insulin, spike your blood pressure, and generally make you feel bad.

You may have been able to feel fine when you were younger, but every time you do this, you are adding more wear and tear on your body. Basically you are feeling the consequences of bad decisions, especially over time.

Time to rethink eating half an entire pizza... have a slice here and there, and take better care overall.

Don't be distracted by excuses like "msg"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Try more water before work out. I know when I do Bikram yoga I have to work water mix with lemon an hour before. Like a whole bottle. If I don't I get a major headache the whole day even I am able to drink water after.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 01:24 AM   #6

Pizza was for lunch, workout was at night. And I had 2 bottles of 350ml water an hour before work out.

Getting older sucks...
Old 01-07-2018, 01:26 AM   #7

Yeah it's not just dehydration, it's the spike in dehydration + insulin + blood pressure

If you get into better shape it won't affect you as much, but still...
Old 01-07-2018, 02:30 AM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
long as your piss is clear as water you should be good...at least that's what i go by but not sure if its healthly by that measure....i just hate the idea of drinking more cause i'll be pissing every 10 minutes for me.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Not sure what age range you are?

My suggestion is eat in moderation as one becomes older. Drink lots of water and exercise whenever you can.

Some people can eat whatever they want and loads of it no matter what age, where it plays no health effects. Each one' body reacts differently, have to use your own judgement.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #10
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
long as your piss is clear as water you should be good...at least that's what i go by but not sure if its healthly by that measure....i just hate the idea of drinking more cause i'll be pissing every 10 minutes for me.
Not sure that's a good way of measurement...

Drink a beer or two and your piss will be clear.

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 09:42 PM   #11
HELP ME PLS!!!

In the morning or when you sober up as well?
Old 01-07-2018, 10:10 PM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

you can't expect to eat half a pizza and feel good?

Pizza is garbage. I always feel like shit after eating that much. But it's damn good.

More importantly, how'd you get the free pizza?

Last edited by subordinate; 01-07-2018 at 10:17 PM.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:25 PM   #13
I STILL don't get it

All average adults should have an intake of at least 2L of water per day. If you are heavier/bigger, you need more. If you have any preexisting health conditions, you may also need more. Im 5'2 but my intake to feel good is 4L because of my other health stuff. I infuse a lot of my water with lemon/cucumber slices or frozen fruit like mango, pineapple, blueberries. There are many benefits of infusing water with veggies/fruit.

Try switching your diet to whole foods. Less carbs + meat, more fresh veggies and fruits. I know life gets busy and sometimes making healthy choices is more taxing than going with whats fast. Carbs, salt, sugar and meat are very hard on your body. When youre sweating youre releasing toxins from your body through your sweat, so the more shit you put inside, you can expect its gonna feel crappy coming out. When your diet is cleaner, you have so much more energy. Many people dont realize how much meat actually brings your energy levels down...

A great way to kickstart into a better diet for me was doing cleanses. Ive done everything from First Cleanse, Red Rose, 3-5 day Juice Cleanses. It really helps you by bringing your attention to everything you put into your body and being more mindful of how you eat. It's ideal that you eat small healthy meals/snacks about every 2 hours during the day instead of 3 large ones. You can keep your insulin and digestion steady all day.

Food prepping is also very helpful. Buy a bunch of tupperwares and dedicate a couple nights a week to prepping. It helps you by taking the guesswork out of your meals and making snap (sometimes bad) decisions.

Also get bloodwork done regularly. Make sure youre ruling things out like high cholesterol or hypertension.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 PM   #14
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I can eat a full large pizza or a plate of Antons and feel good, depends on the person. If it was just a one time thing I wouldn't worry about it, could be something as simple as you caught a bug.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #15
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
OP, what about other fast food and then working out?

the recommendation of minimum water intake is going to be different for everyone. Are we talking about grandma at a knitting party or a 23 year old with football practice? summer midday in the desert or winter in the tundra? If they have milk and juice daily or only drink water almost exclusively? etc.
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:09 PM   #16
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

the recommendation of minimum water intake is going to be different for everyone. Are we talking about grandma at a knitting party or a 23 year old with football practice? summer midday in the desert or winter in the tundra? If they have milk and juice daily or only drink water almost exclusively? etc.
Mr_chin is obviously not a grandma at a knitting party LOL. we're talking average adults in Vancouver who probably work a white collar job and work out once a day for probably an hour to 90 minutes.... common sense. Even still, recommended intake for a average male is about 3L and females are 2L... even if theyre seniors. Recommended intake is just a baseline dependent on the individuals activity levels and diet.

I'm curious where you've learned that people need less?

Last edited by MSREE; 01-08-2018 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:49 PM   #17
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Average is to work out 60 - 90 min a day? How many days a week? Cardio, HIIT or lifting? All will make a slight difference. Water is probably the healthiest option but remember everything counts(even food) towards the 2.7/3.7L recommendation. Have you tried eating pizza and working out again to see if you get the same results?

Bottom of the page mentions that some are fine drinking less than 1.9L (https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/art-20044256)
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorkami View Post
Average is to work out 60 - 90 min a day? How many days a week? Cardio, HIIT or lifting? All will make a slight difference. Water is probably the healthiest option but remember everything counts(even food) towards the 2.7/3.7L recommendation. Have you tried eating pizza and working out again to see if you get the same results?

Bottom of the page mentions that some are fine drinking less than 1.9L (https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/art-20044256)
No, it was a one time thing. I may try again with the free pizza offer.

I suspect I'm just out of shape.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post

Ate a foot long yesterday 3 hours before workout. Had the worst headache during workout. Had to stop 30 min earlier.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:48 PM   #20
I don't get it

early signs of high blood pressure....
evlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:18 AM   #21
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
Ate a foot long yesterday 3 hours before workout. Had the worst headache during workout. Had to stop 30 min earlier.
How much water do you drink yesterday?
And do you remember how much you drank on the pizza day also?
How often do you eat some form of fast food?

Subway while healthier than others still has a lot of sodium in it because of the sandwich meats.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:18 AM   #22

It's not water, it's the food. And a footlong subway is just as bad as half a pizza, if not worse

What are your goals OP? Seems like you are working out regularly, but taking 2 steps back with the diet.
This post thanked by: