REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-11-2018, 12:36 PM   #26
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
I have no desire to keep up with the Jones. My 25 year old Civic does the job of beater/commuter, just fine - as does my 15yo truck and wife's 10yo car. If and when they become more trouble than they're worth, I'll think about getting something else. Til then, I'll enjoy putting the extra money in investments, vacations and toys.
These are the types of cars I look out for on CL as they usually are had for good prices. Most require some type of work but the parts network is active and the prices are decent. All in, you can potentially pay less than the downpayment for a new car. But different people have different needs.
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #27
JqC
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnail View Post
I have my EP3 since new.. qualifies for collectors this year..
I had my 04 EP3 from 2006-2016. Only sold it cause kids happened.
10 years of ownership and never had a single issue.

Now I'm driving a 2015 WRX, and even this car wouldn't start one morning. Turns out it was cause the stock battery is shit, but still, wtf.

If I win the lottery I'm buying another EP3.
JqC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #28
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,489 Times in 4,301 Posts
Strange how when the EP3 came out, a lot of so-called enthusiasts were bashing it, calling it an ugly duckling, and how the engine was shit. And fast forward 10+ years later, we all want to buy it again now that it hit collector plates and see how reliable the damn thing is.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #29
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,365 Times in 5,075 Posts
K20A3 is a shit engine though, inherent timing chain tensioner flaw and interference engine... just a ticking time bomb. I don't get the love for this car... nevermind both it and its platform twin, the RSX, have the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. One of the big reasons I sold my RSX was because it couldn't do a u-turn on a 4 lane road.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,800 Times in 3,897 Posts
ep3 had a lot to live up to
if there was an EK Si/CTR here and the average condition wasn't starting to rust, it would be preferable choice me thinks
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:05 PM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,902 Times in 3,865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardmozis View Post
This list is more like a compilation of cars that are pretty reliable for people who are happy with their old car (that they bought new) until it breaks down for good.
If it was a shorter time span (say 10 years) it would probably have a lot of cars that had their value drop so fast the owners can't afford to sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Simple explanation: Toyota owners, just like Toyota vehicles are boring, efficient yet extremely logical people that keep their cars for a long time.
The majority of vehicles are pretty boring, may as well have a reliable one. Like most brands, you can get some more exciting stuff depending on what you want. Every time I'm dealing with a problem on a non-Toyota vehicle all I can think is "I wouldn't have to deal with this shit if it was a Toyota". Maybe I'm just getting old, but I don't give a rats ass how interesting something is if it's broken all the time. Getting towed home loses it's appeal after a while.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: