REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-17-2018, 08:10 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

The Hyundai Veloster "N"

Hyundai revealed a new Hyundai Veloster model at the North American International Auto show.

275 hp Hyundai Veloster First N Performance Model For North America | autoTRADER.ca

"Hyundai today revealed the 2019 Hyundai Veloster at the North American International Auto Show and announced the second generation of the quirky hatch will be the first car to wear the brand's N high-performance label.

Also new are the car's powertrains. The Veloster N will be the star of the show with its 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder generating 275 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. The entry-level model will get a 2.0L naturally aspirated motor good for 147 hp and 132 lb-ft, up from 137 hp and 123 lb-ft in the old car's 1.6L. The only engine carried over from the original Veloster is a turbocharged 1.6L that will once again contribute 201 hp and 195 lb-ft to the Veloster Turbo.

While Hyundai promises more satisfying performance than the original Veloster's Accent-based platform could deliver, the Veloster N is the car that carries this South Korean brand's hot hatch aspirations. Hyundai says this car's chassis was developed at Germany's Nurburgring and promises "thrilling dynamics" along with "sports car drivability and race-track capability."

We expect the Veloster's Turbo and N variants to boast handling abilities modeled after the Elantra Sport sedan and hatchback, performance-oriented versions of that compact conceived to keep up with established hot hatches like the Volkswagen GTI.

Visually, Veloster fulfills those promises by filling its fenders with lightweight 19-inch wheels and dressing the body up with trim-exclusive body bits.

The Veloster N also gets an "N" drive mode and a variable exhaust system that Hyundai says will combine for an enthusiast-pleasing soundtrack, while brake rotors measuring 345 mm up front and 315 mm at the rear will do stopping duty.

All Veloster models will get a brake-based torque vectoring front differential that will apply braking force to the inside front wheel and redirect torque to the outside wheel for sharper handling and better corner-exit acceleration.

As before, base and turbo models will get a choice of six-speed manual and seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmissions, while the Veloster N will use a short-throw, close-ratio six-speed stick with rev-matching capability.

Veloster and Veloster Turbo are due in Canada this spring; Hyundai says the Veloster N will follow closer to the end of the year"

Looks promising. This is what Honda should have done with the Civic Si imo....
Advertisement
J-Chow is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 AM   #2
Ricer Mod

Thanked 4,919 Times in 1,404 Posts
275hp is no joke. I don't even mind the look of those cars. There are a couple in town here and they always catch the eye.

Berz out.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,467 Times in 994 Posts
LOL I thought it was something about "N" license drivers.. lmao
Old 01-17-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

I don't know why they didn't do this sooner. They've had that engine available since 2011... assuming it's the same one I had in my 2.0T Sonata.

But what I really want to see is a 600hp AWD Genesis Sedan
Old 01-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #5
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 2,261 Times in 895 Posts
I was always hopeful when this car got launched in 2011 or whenever it was, it would have been a sporty hot hatch. I was let down, until now.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2018, 01:03 AM   #6
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS

Thanked 6,247 Times in 2,634 Posts
what are the chances we'll see a Tuscani/Tib again?

ok they're all heavily modified but you get my point, the GK was ahead for its time...Tesla/Aston profile
Gen coupe (which is killed off too) was more of an Infiniti G competitor
Old 01-18-2018, 08:21 PM   #7
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Wish they brought over the i30n. Same everything but 4 doors. I wonder why they chose the veloster n for the NA market. I would think he 4 dr would sell better than the veloster.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2018, 12:03 AM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I wonder if you had your class 7 if you could get away with having the rear badge as your displayed "N" lol.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
what are the chances we'll see a Tuscani/Tib again?

ok they're all heavily modified but you get my point, the GK was ahead for its time...Tesla/Aston profile
Gen coupe (which is killed off too) was more of an Infiniti G competitor
I think the same chances of seeing an INTEGRA/ RSX
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote