REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Battle Royale

Your options are: 50 hawks, 10 crocodiles, 3 brown bears, 15 wolves, 1 hunter, 7 cape buffalo, 10,000 rats, 5 gorillas and 4 lions - you must pick 2 that will defend you while the rest are coming to kill you. Which do you pick and why?

My choice is 10 crocodiles and 50 hawks. The idea is to control the terrain. The biggest threat that I see is the hunter and the 10,000 rats. If I build a moat or fortify on a little island, The crocodiles would rule in the water and the hawks can raid the flanks of the rat swarm. 1 croc bite would probably kill 20 rats so 10x20 = 200 kills per bite. In 5 bites that's 1,000 dead rats. The crocs also have a bone breaking tail whip so each attack can also take out an additional 10-20 rats per swipe.

The hunter can be neutralised by the far sighted hawks. When they dispatch him, they can also retrieve his rifle for me.
Advertisement

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-26-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
Need my Daily Fix of RS

1. Too stupid didn't read.
2. I'm a grown as man.
3. What gives a shit.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-26-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
If you don't pick the rats, you already killed yourself. I don't think you understand how big a swarm of 10,000 rats are.

The only thing the rats can't take down are hawks, so you take the hunter.

That means you have 10,000 rats vs. 44 other animals. That's an average of 227 rats per animal + the hunter shooting.

You just have to hide behind the rats and crawl into the fetal position.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2018, 09:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
If you don't pick the rats, you already killed yourself. I don't think you understand how big a swarm of 10,000 rats are.

The only thing the rats can't take down are hawks, so you take the hunter.

That means you have 10,000 rats vs. 44 other animals. That's an average of 227 rats per animal + the hunter shooting.

You just have to hide behind the rats and crawl into the fetal position.
First they gotta cross my croc infested moat. As I calculated, 200 kills per croc bite. 5-10 sec per bite, 1,000 dead rats per minute via croc. Also croc tail whip will disrupt and stun the swarm. possible casualties of 100 rats per tail swipe. Also, hawks raiding the flanks so 2-5 avg 3 dead rats per talon x 2 talons x 50 hawks is 300 dead rats per dive, and say 30 sec per dive cycle. is another 600 dead rats per minute.

Even if you take the crocs onto the land, they can still perform the same numbers. Also with 10,000 rat swarm you have fucked up logistics. Look up rat king ie all their tails get knotted up and they become an uncoordinated lump.

so 1,700 dead rats per minute, in 5 minutes, all rats are dead.

any rat that makes it to shore I'm there smashing their fuck twit brains in.

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.

Last edited by Valour; 01-26-2018 at 09:37 AM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #5
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valour View Post
First they gotta cross my croc infested moat. As I calculated, 200 kills per croc bite. 5-10 sec per bite, 1,000 dead rats per minute via croc. Also croc tail whip will disrupt and stun the swarm. possible casualties of 100 rats per tail swipe. Also, hawks raiding the flanks so 2-5 avg 3 dead rats per talon x 2 talons x 50 hawks is 300 dead rats per dive, and say 30 sec per dive cycle. is another 600 dead rats per minute.

Even if you take the crocs onto the land, they can still perform the same numbers. Also with 10,000 rat swarm you have fucked up logistics. Look up rat king ie all their tails get knotted up and they become an uncoordinated lump.

so 1,700 dead rats per minute, in 5 minutes, all rats are dead.

any rat that makes it to shore I'm there smashing their fuck twit brains in.
I mean.. if you make up a situation like that then sure, but I feel like the question was made in mind that it's just you in an open field with these animals, not you hiding behind a giant ass moat.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2018, 09:41 AM   #6
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
There's no way a croc can kill 200 rats in a single bite.

10,000 rats is ALOT of rats. The shear number of them would overpower any of the animals you listed instantly as no animal can defend itself from multiple directions of attack.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
There's no way a croc can kill 200 rats in a single bite.

10,000 rats is ALOT of rats. The shear number of them would overpower any of the animals you listed instantly as no animal can defend itself from multiple directions of attack.
not 200 rats per croc. It's 20 rats per croc X 10 crocs so 200 dead rats .

cros got tough ass hide. 50 rats biting one croc ain't gonna do too much damage. Then croc also has tail whip and death roll.

Not to shit on the 10,000 rats, they are very formidable, I just don't wanna be King of the Rats.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:46 AM   #8
Say! Say! Say!

Actually, the more I think about it, I think 10,000 rats and the 50 hawks are the best combo. I don't think even the most skilled hunter would be able to take down 50 hawks if it was co-ordinated.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2018, 10:38 AM   #9
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
Your gonna die by the 10000 rats before you dig your imaginary moat.

The variables change when you start adding things. Like adding a nuclear bunker that's sealed off.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
off topic but this thread makes me want to go re-watch Battle Royale

dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #11
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
off topic but this thread makes me want to go re-watch Battle Royale
Lol this was the first thing I thought of
SeedBNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #12
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
Ya I'll take one psycho Japanese girl
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2018, 02:23 PM   #13
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
I would take the pack animals, the ones that can act together in a unit

10,000 rats and 15 wolves for me.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:51 PM   #14

Lol you can control the animals like ma-ti in Captain Planet. So they defend you how you want them to. So your 10000 rats can Swarm one animal to immobilize then the hawks can gouge the eyes out with their talons.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:55 PM   #15

10000 rats is 5000lbs of immobilizing power. A rat averages 0.5lbs.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
The human mind got us to the top of the food chain so I will take the Hunter. Take our distant cousins, the gorillas, as body guards. Sort that shit out one way or another. Rats and birds and even wolves can be handled by Leiningen Versus The Ants tactics. The hunter and gorillas can handle the bigger game.

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 01-26-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:21 PM   #17
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

5 sacrificial Gorilla tanks while the Hunter picks off enemies from afar. Going to be tough against those hawks though.
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:44 PM   #18

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josayeee View Post
5 sacrificial Gorilla tanks while the Hunter picks off enemies from afar. Going to be tough against those hawks though.
douse your clothes in rat poison and those hawks won't last long
Old 01-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #19

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
I'll take cat. See you in hell, ladies.

But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2018, 01:39 AM   #20
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts

https://www.shortlist.com/news/animal-fight-meme/342813

Reminds me of these videos. How about 10,000 rats vs 500 hunters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Actually, the more I think about it, I think 10,000 rats and the 50 hawks are the best combo. I don't think even the most skilled hunter would be able to take down 50 hawks if it was co-ordinated.
For those that played StarCraft, sounds like classic Muta/Ling strategy.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 01-27-2018 at 01:52 AM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:02 AM   #21
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
The 1 hunter is basically useless, because I assume the point of this "game" is that all the animals are smart enough to have a strict goal, which is to go into battle and attack until victorious.

The hunter's biggest advantage over these animals is intelligence, which works in real life as humans can use techniques to distract animals or outsmart them by catching them off guard, etc. In real life, animals generally attack only when felt threatened. Humans can exploit this.

But IQ seems to be negated drastically if the animals are given this hypothetical intelligence to just go all out regardless, because it knows it has a goal, which is to kill the hunter (and other animals) at all costs. The sheer numbers of any of the other animals would be enough to overpower the hunter.

I assume the lone hunter is carrying something like a standard hunting rifle... It's way too slow, and in some cases, it might take multiple shots just to fully stop one of the larger animals.

I mean... unless this is your hunter:
Spoiler!
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:31 AM   #22
I STILL don't get it

OP messed up by mixing up hawks & eagles I think? Eagles are vastly superior to hawks in terms of size and strength. A full size bald eagle is almost as big as me in real life and I've watched a group rip apart a sea lion...they're scary and capable of working as a pack..Just saying lol.
MSREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:24 AM   #23
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
TLDR

pubg is better
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #24
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
hunter. and 4 gorillas.

gorillas are crazy strong (and probably the smartest of those animals by a long shot) and can probably take out all those other animals by themselves no problem. think about it, they can climb, they have thumbs, they can utilize blunt tools, they are smart, they are crazy strong, they can work together and work with you better than any of the other animals.

hunter, crazy smart. we just build a nuke, problem solved. duh.

ok fine not nukes but if we have time to prepare, it would just be a bunch of traps and we'd fashion long pikes (which the gorillas can use as well) and other weapons and more traps and build castles and basically take over everything cuz we're humans and we'd just out smart them all... and more traps (like arnold vs the predator lol).

we'd probably die from disease or infection before any of those animals could kill us. c'mon its too easy.

if we were just starting in a huge arena and everything just charged at you... im sure the hunter could take out the largest of the animals first with his rifle. the gorillas would stomp the rats out... the hawks... can't do jack shit what are they gonna do... yeah the rest just die by getting shot by the hunter. lol. one bullet each would destroy them... i assume his rifle is one designed for hunting game cuz he's a HUNTER (1 shot incapacitate), and is either bolt action or semi auto. and i assume he has at least 100 rounds... he also has a knife cuz he's a hunter, and he will lend me that knife for the duration of this fight lol.

the gorillas just stay close to us stomping rats and wrestling anything that gets too close so the hunter can shoot it. the gorillas are expendable. ok someone's gonna say the hawks can do shit. but honestly they cant do shit. just swing your arms around, one hit they're down, they're so fragile. just punch them as they swoop at you, you'll get clawed up, but they'll get destroyed.

the gorillas can also pick up crocodiles by the tail and swing them around like a morning star.
or use the wolves as bats, just pick them up by the feet and swing them around like a bat. hitting shit.

i dunno, train the gorillas to rip into the medium animals (wolves) and rip out bones and snap them in half and use them as shanks.

the gorillas man... i cant believe no ones picked the fucking gorillas. and you get 4 of them too! or fuckin hell, i'd tell the hunter to give the gorilla his knife!!! the gorilla would fucking own with that thing!

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-27-2018 at 11:21 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2018, 07:58 AM   #25

I admire he enthusiastic advocacy of the gorillas might!