REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-30-2018, 07:00 AM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,906 Times in 753 Posts
VW scandal: gassing monkeys and humans

What's with Germans and gassing living things? seems to run in the generations.

VW gassed monkeys with toxic diesel fumes | Newshub

Volkswagen's supervisory board is calling for an immediate inquiry into who commissioned tests in which monkeys were exposed to toxic diesel fumes, while the German government said such studies were unjustifiable.

"I will do everything possible to ensure that this matter is investigated in detail," Volkswagen supervisory board chairman Hans Dieter Poetsch said in a statement on Monday (local time).

"Whoever is responsible for this must of course be held accountable," Mr Poetsch said in response to a New York Times report on Friday that German car makers had used an organisation called European Research Group on Environment and Health in the Transport Sector (EUGT) to commission the tests.

The study, conducted in 2014, was designed to defend diesel following revelations that the fuel's exhaust fumes were carcinogenic, the newspaper reported.

Reuters could not immediately confirm the details and purpose of the study and EUGT, which was dissolved last year, could not be reached for comment.

EUGT received all of its funding from VW and fellow German car makers Daimler and BMW, the New York Times said.

Volkswagen, Daimler and BMW on Saturday denounced the study, whose revelation is the latest aftershock from the VW emissions-rigging scandal, which continues to rock the auto industry.

On Monday Volkswagen said that some staff members, whom it did not identify, including some in its legal department, at the VW brand's technical development division and at Volkswagen of America, had been aware of the tests at the time.

But Volkswagen said the study was never discussed in any management board meetings, after German daily Bild earlier reported that an internal e-mail showed that at least some senior managers were informed about the design of the research.

The German government said on Monday that any auto emissions testing on monkeys or people were unjustifiable.
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Volkswagen making headlines again
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
We know the original Volkswagen Type 1 is endorsed by the Führer, right? So should we say old habits die hard? Or should it be, we did Nazi this coming?

Last edited by Traum; 01-30-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2018, 11:37 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
fucking VW
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

There's a show in Netflix that had an episode in about it. It's called "dirty money"
asma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:30 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Rant:

Fuck those dirty-ass diesel engines.

It's like the only thing dirtier than a Wankel engine, and that's saying a lot. My RX-8 is like a Prius in comparison.

I was just behind a double-decker(which has its tailpipe down low) today. As it accelerated, it spewed a bunch of soot just in front of my car. Lovely. As it shifts gears, you can see more soot coming out with each shift.

This is one case where I support EV. When can we see hybrid/EV buses in Victoria...
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-01-2018, 12:25 PM   #7
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Further reading if you think diesels are dirtier than gasoline cars.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4586
Old 02-01-2018, 07:40 PM   #8
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,505 Times in 3,051 Posts
im still happy with my sportwagen though..... come at me bruder!
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote