REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-27-2022, 10:53 AM   #826
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
And what is the excuse this time? The regional (west coast) refineries are supposed to be back up. Winter months are supposed to have lower demand. The winter blend is supposed to be cheaper to make. The forecasts from like 10 - 14 days ago were saying we should continue to see prices stay low for a while.

WTF?
They basically say whatever the fuck they want. Just like BoC and politicians and bosses. We should all be used to this by now.
Advertisement

Last edited by jjson; 10-27-2022 at 11:40 AM.
jjson is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2022, 11:24 AM   #827
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
My family buys 5k litres at a time. I understand that fuel price differences have an impact on your budget. It comes in a tanker truck, not an Uber w a trash bag of fuel in the trunk.

Fuel should be transported with maximum safety procedures only. It’s completely unsafe to fill your trunk up w jerry cans. It’s also super sketchy to store large amounts of it without proper ventilation.

If you want to go fill up a tidy tank in your pick up bed - go for it.

Accidents have happened and will happen again. Take away the legality of transporting it unsafely across the border and it goes away.

I get it - you guys get off on being frugal. Blowing yourself up isn’t worth a steak dinner.

late reply but

a border is also just an imaginary line
so you don’t bring any cans in your trailer/hauler and everyone should be banned from doing so even if it’s going to lake country?

kinda unfair to paint everyone trying to save money as those with garbage bags no? you’re absolutely sure all those tanker trucks have better maintenance than my vehicle?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2022, 12:00 PM   #828
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,608 Times in 1,736 Posts
Quote:
And what is the excuse this time? The regional (west coast) refineries are supposed to be back up. Winter months are supposed to have lower demand. The winter blend is supposed to be cheaper to make. The forecasts from like 10 - 14 days ago were saying we should continue to see prices stay low for a while.

WTF?
It's windy...and rainy out...and atmospheric river (possibly).

Good excuse
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2022, 12:09 PM   #829
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,716 Times in 1,055 Posts
i don't really want to do this again - clearly I pissed off some members here. minus my last line about being frugal, which i guess touched a nerve, I don't see what was so offensive about my statement.

i don't carry multiple cans inside my car - no. If I have to haul a small amount of fuel, and I absolutely can't throw it in a pick up truck, i fill a small jerry can only half full so it doesn't expand past the seal w temp and pressure changes. There's no reason, border or not for somebody to be hauling 200 liters of fuel in jerry's to go to the lake. If you are, I assume you would be setup w a proper transport tank.

I don't think people treat fuel for what it is - dangerous cargo, especially in bulk.

I don't see what tanker truck maintenance has to do with anything. Your vehicle maintenance is irrelevant if you get rear ended hard in a border line up.

Who thinks this is a good idea?

The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:05 PM   #830
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:

I don't think people treat fuel for what it is - dangerous cargo, especially in bulk.

I don't see what tanker truck maintenance has to do with anything. Your vehicle maintenance is irrelevant if you get rear ended hard in a border line up.

If you’re gonna do it in a passenger vehicle, at least make/stick a flammable liquid placard magnet on the back , so emergency responders know what to do in the event of an accident. And so vehicles behind can stay the f away

New anti-tailgating measure
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 06:25 PM   #831
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,828 Times in 2,512 Posts
Quote:

WTF?
doesn't matter what you say the response is the same: supply chain issues / demand

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 06:27 PM   #832
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,790 Times in 3,166 Posts
192 at the chevron on blundell and no3.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 10:37 PM   #833
in the butt

Thanked 3,238 Times in 1,187 Posts
Quote:
i don't really want to do this again - clearly I pissed off some members here.

Who thinks this is a good idea?

Nah, everyone is on this forum for entertainment, don't sweat it big boi. And those of you that aren't, please dont take our comments too seriously

But to answer your question, I personally don't think it's a bad idea.
I don't see much of a difference vs a regular gas tank being impacted.

Is it dangerous?, sure, but your more likely to die from eating Rotten Ronnie's and having a stroke, cancer, or the car accident it's self

Point being, there's alot of stupid shit you can do in life to decrease your life expectancy, and those around you

Filling a couple of tanks for transport is a drop in the bucket, on the scale of poor life choices.
Plus let's give those people benefit of the doubt, maybe they have a farm, with ATVs, a tractor they run once a year, etc. They don't want to pay some dude 200$ for "fuel delivery"

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-28-2022, 05:02 PM   #834

the data from explosion of fuel cans is less than 1 death per year, probably even far less when it comes down to the transporting scenario

meanwhile your SUV is sloshing around with 50L+ of fuel

you're probably at higher risk of being crushed by your car by forgetting ebrake/right gear or going down in flames in an EV

should everyone discharge, not overfill and maybe fully secure their cans? sure. dunno if everyone has the means to own a pickup or will bother with a hitch rack..for them it's the near-theoretical risk they should maybe at least be aware of

if people are not breaking the transport canada limit, is it even worth your effort to gatekeep
Old 10-28-2022, 06:08 PM   #835
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,881 Posts
The fuel tank in your SUV is on the outside of the vehicle and bolted in place. That's not even remotely comparable to a loose jerry can in the cabin.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #836
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,716 Times in 1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
the data from explosion of fuel cans is less than 1 death per year, probably even far less when it comes down to the transporting scenario

meanwhile your SUV is sloshing around with 50L+ of fuel

you're probably at higher risk of being crushed by your car by forgetting ebrake/right gear or going down in flames in an EV

should everyone discharge, not overfill and maybe fully secure their cans? sure. dunno if everyone has the means to own a pickup or will bother with a hitch rack..for them it's the near-theoretical risk they should maybe at least be aware of

if people are not breaking the transport canada limit, is it even worth your effort to gatekeep
I stand by my opinion that hauling and storing bulk fuel in loose jerrys isn't smart, whether you're doing it to save a few bucks or not. i see an opportunity for CBSA to lower the amount for personal import and increase safety in doing so. if that's gatekeeping so be it.

Did you know you're limited to 1 jug/25L of gasoline to ride any BC ferry? Interesting that TC considers ~12% of the border import limit to be the dangerous good limit...
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 07:20 PM   #837
I don't get it

I agree Producer, hauling this kinda fuel around is dangerous, and the amount you can make/save reminds me of those non-street people who are digging in garbage for cans.

There's a lot better way to make/save money with less risk. Grow some weed or something.

On the other hand BC ferries really doesn't want a fire below decks. At least in a pick-up it's probably just going to kill the occupants and whomever they run into.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:09 AM   #838

i believe ferry makes you fill the can if empty too
THAT I understand to be even extra careful to ensure the vessel doesn’t go up in flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
The fuel tank in your SUV is on the outside of the vehicle and bolted in place. That's not even remotely comparable to a loose jerry can in the cabin.
most are right under the floorpan of rear seats
maybe not immediate 1st degree burn but what’s the risk when it cracks or lines rupture in a collision?
Old 10-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #839
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
So how are all of you guys filling your lawn mowers? Obviously I can’t take a Jerry can in my car just in case I cause 9/11 2, electric boogaloo. So maybe I’ll just drag the mower behind my car with some extension cords or something to the chevron ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 10-30-2022, 09:29 AM   #840

Thanked 3,251 Times in 1,227 Posts
I make sure I go to the furthest gas station across the border and fill 5 jerry cans loose in my back seat instead of a small one at the gas station down the road to fill my mower.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2022, 09:45 AM   #841
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,790 Times in 3,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
So how are all of you guys filling your lawn mowers? Obviously I can’t take a Jerry can in my car just in case I cause 9/11 2, electric boogaloo. So maybe I’ll just drag the mower behind my car with some extension cords or something to the chevron ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mines electric from Costco. That greenworks pro combo of mower and weedwacker is awesome. Had it for 3 years now and it’s still going strong. No fuss, no maintenance required, just charge the battery packs and go.

Edit:greenworks not lawnworks. Thanks twitchy

Last edited by Badhobz; 10-30-2022 at 10:36 AM.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:30 AM   #842

ngl, 2-stroke equipment for casual use seems a bit archaic now
the greenworks trimmer is great especially on sale
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2022, 01:16 PM   #843
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,881 Posts
I fill my mower with a little 10L can that gets filled up 2 blocks from my house and it lasts all summer. Which also isn't remotely the same as hauling 100L or so across town. I don't need a decade worth on hand lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
most are right under the floorpan of rear seats
maybe not immediate 1st degree burn but what’s the risk when it cracks or lines rupture in a collision?
Which would make them outside of the car and bolted in place. If you're in a big enough collision to break it free and punch it into the cabin you're probably already dead.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2022, 02:14 PM   #844
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,393 Times in 5,667 Posts
The comment about a tidy tank etc. is assuming you can actually drive the vehicle with the tidy tank to where you are filling up.

Many times with sleds, dirt bikes, etc. you can’t get what you’re filling up close enough to the tank to fill. This goes for all sorts of things, excavators, bobcats, etc.

This is also assuming you’re using a lot of fuel, keeping the tidy tank clean, keeping your pump clean and in good working order, and having a battery or wiring up your vehicles battery to power the pump.

That’s a lot to ask for someone who rides snow mobiles a few times a year or goes to the cabin once in a blue moon. It’s not realistic.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:58 AM   #845
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
Costco Bellingham - Nov 1

prem 92 $4.59/gal roughly $1.64/L

Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #846
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,603 Times in 544 Posts
The giant sign trying to teach Americans how to tap made me luls
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2022, 11:34 AM   #847

Thanked 1,734 Times in 899 Posts
Any one know why Tsawwassen gas is quite a bit cheaper? I went to pr yesterday, gas around Van Bby was like $2.03 to $2.09 but Tsawwassen was $1.89

Pr can am 92 was $1.419 so after exchange so about $1.93
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2022, 05:46 PM   #848
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Interesting. I find both Ladner/tswassen are often more expensive than Richmond
Old 01-14-2023, 08:01 PM   #849
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Anyone else notice how the gas prices are slowly creeping up again? According to Gas Wizard, it's going to hit 1.81 by Sunday... What's the reason this time around?...

Last edited by DaJo; 01-14-2023 at 08:16 PM.
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 08:07 PM   #850
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,184 Times in 7,165 Posts
Because oil companies want money.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: