REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   please tell me I am wrong (https://www.revscene.net/forums/714552-please-tell-me-i-am-wrong.html)

Manic! 04-03-2018 02:14 AM

please tell me I am wrong

This guy has a youtube channel where he teaches immigrants English. But to me something seems off about his video's. Take a look and tell me what you see.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUe...RqkuXtw/videos

SkinnyPupp 04-03-2018 02:26 AM

If he is running a racist channel disguised as an ESL channel, that is fucking BRILLIANT

Wrong and fucked up and I hope he loses it, but BRILLIANT! LUL

Based on the comments, nobody seems to realize it though EleGiggle

Presto 04-03-2018 07:11 AM

This guy blows my muddled, Monday mind.

bcrdukes 04-03-2018 07:34 AM

You are wrong.

hchang 04-03-2018 09:49 AM

How did you even come across this LOL

Manic! 04-03-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 8896239)
How did you even come across this LOL

I just randomly stumbled across it.

Razor Ramon HG 04-03-2018 10:36 AM

welfare 04-03-2018 11:33 AM

yup total white supremacist

CharlesInCharge 04-03-2018 02:58 PM

Which video of his shows this? Played one where he was talking about economic hit men...

Manic! 04-03-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8896309)
Which video of his shows this? Played one where he was talking about economic hit men...

All of them. He is trying to teach people English but in his Chinese video all he talks about is being ripped off by some Chinese dude.

AzNightmare 04-03-2018 04:24 PM

The way he talks so slow, or the pacing of his sentences annoys me, lol..

SkinnyPupp 04-03-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8896311)
All of them. He is trying to teach people English but in his Chinese video all he talks about is being ripped off by some Chinese dude.

I watched that one too lol.. all he does is complain about Chinese people ripping him off and not being "Canadian" enough. He sounded like the typical Richmond White Guy LUL

"I never see Chinese people playing hockey.. Even Indians play hockey when they move here!"

Total troll job LUL

twitchyzero 04-03-2018 06:19 PM

could say that was refreshing vs what I usually see on YT

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8896319)
The way he talks so slow, or the pacing of his sentences annoys me

ever try learning a new language? at a regular conversational rate it's much harder to pick up

welfare 04-03-2018 06:31 PM

Honest Chinese immigrants agree with him

UnknownJinX 04-03-2018 07:01 PM

Watching the Chinese immigrant video right now...

Being one myself, he is actually right. Yeah, truth can hurt and be ugly, but I also like the way he didn't have much BS.

Out of all the Chinese friends I have, very few try to step out of the comfort zone of their own circles.

One of them actually only suggests Chinese restaurants when I go out to eat with him. Doesn't even bother to give other restaurants a try. Victoria Chinese restaurants aren't even that great.

SkinnyPupp 04-03-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8896351)

Being one myself, he is actually right. Yeah, truth can hurt and be ugly, but I also like the way he didn't have much BS.

Out of all the Chinese friends I have, very few try to step out of the comfort zone of their own circles.

One of them actually only suggests Chinese restaurants when I go out to eat with him. Doesn't even bother to give other restaurants a try. Victoria Chinese restaurants aren't even that great.

So?

UnknownJinX 04-03-2018 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8896357)
So?

I don't think that video is racist and it's more than him just complaining about how he got ripped off.

I see it as some constructive criticism.

SkinnyPupp 04-03-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8896358)
I don't think that video is racist and it's more than him just complaining about how he got ripped off.

I see it as some constructive criticism.

Nothing constructive can come from this lol

UnknownJinX 04-03-2018 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8896360)
Nothing constructive can come from this lol

Well, I see quite a few:

Don't show off(that applies to anyone btw).

Try to learn the local culture and make some local friends.

Don't fuck up the real estate market(which is a problem in China as well).

The thing is that it's hard to talk about some issues without touching some sensitive subjects, but that's also how we make progress, not with mushy PC.

bcrdukes 04-03-2018 08:49 PM

Revscene is a rip off, and so is the site admin

:troll:

welfare 04-03-2018 10:01 PM

Mr.Money 04-03-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8896351)

i know one person from china who can't handle north american food..you know like taking a break from fastfood and trying it than getting the McShit's cause your body was never use to that greasy instant shit.

idk,sounds plausible

UnknownJinX 04-03-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Money (Post 8896400)
i know one person from china who can't handle north american food..you know like taking a break from fastfood and trying it than getting the McShit's cause your body was never use to that greasy instant shit.

idk,sounds plausible

I don't go to instant food places that often, either.

And it's not like he can't get used to some of the western/foreign food. I took him to a couple of different restaurants and he liked some of them.

I am a believer of "When in Rome, do as Romans do", so I don't see what the guy is saying as racist or anything offensive.

SkinnyPupp 04-03-2018 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8896362)
Well, I see quite a few:

Don't show off(that applies to anyone btw).

Try to learn the local culture and make some local friends.

Don't fuck up the real estate market(which is a problem in China as well).

The thing is that it's hard to talk about some issues without touching some sensitive subjects, but that's also how we make progress, not with mushy PC.

None of that has anything to do with race

How about: Just be a good person, whether you want to eat at Chinese restaurants or western. Be a good person whether you live in a mansion by yourself, or a shitty condo. Be a good person whether you want to play ice hockey or bandminton or whatever.

Just be good to each other should be the message we send, not "be more Canadian". (ie "be more white") That is so uncanadian DansGame.

welfare 04-04-2018 05:11 AM

The two messages don't have to be mutually exclusive.
Why bother being a country at all?